Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #19261
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OK I am puzzled beyond belief. I have 4 lug hubs on my 240 right now and I am waiting for my new 5 lug hubs. In my waiting I figured I would just buy locking lug nuts to take place of the missing 4 when moving to 5 lug.. but when I tried to put the 4 12x1.25 on my studs they don't fit. looking further into my old hub/lugs my old lugs says 12x1.5 very very small on the side. every where I've looked says nissan uses 12x1.25. why would mine be 12x1.5?

they look like factory hubs....and I ordered the http://www.240sxconversions.com/ conversion kit now to the questions.\

what would make mine 12x1.5? and the new hubs what size will my new ones be?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #19262
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
This might be a dumb question but I have a head missing the camshaft brackets, would it be alright to use any ka24de brackets (altima etc..) or does it have to be from a 240sx KA?

Unsure if they will interchange, but you *should* at least get them all line honed if you utilize different caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Has anybody actually installed Z32 coilpacks into an SR20DET? It shows up in compatible parts lists in some old FAQ threads, but actual pics/posts of them installed are pretty elusive.
Not that I've ever seen. Go with OEM style or go LS pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
Can you swap the guts from a 5 bolt vlsd to a 6 bolt open diff?
What is your end goal by doing this / what are you trying to accomplish? IS something broke inside yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Im testing because of high idle condition. Bought a new fuel rail which solved the issues. The Circuit sport one I had was ever so slightly bent, injector 2 and 4 were 2mm high off a flat plane :O
Yikes! Good find!

Quote:
So I understand the idle tuning procedure (a general practice for all AEM EMS)... but when you throw in an idle screw like the SR20 has, gets weird. Any suggestions where to "set" the idle air screw?
Unsure how the AEM works, but with the OEM setup, you need to put it in Timing mode/idle adjust mode.

And you don't adjust the throttle stop on the TB, you adjust the TPS by spinning the TPS sensor and watching voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGON85 View Post
I lost the screws to the lower steering column trim when changing out the ignition switch, does anyone have the size of the screw that would be a good replacement?
They are all a ittle different, you want them close as to not screw up the plastic threading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partytron69000 View Post
-Is there any special consideration that needs to be made to mate a s13 KA24DE to an s14 5 speed transmission? Looks like the only thing I can find is to just leave the CAS installed/unplugged. Is that it?
That's about it. The sensors are all gonna be different but nothing life threatening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi802 View Post
When using a z32 BMC, if i plan on using ss braided lines with banjo fittings, as opposed to the stock hardlines, will i still need the 3rd fitting?
ABS no, Non ABS yes

With that said, I'm not a big fan of the banjo conversion...it's not really designed that way/flat on the OEM MC for banjo, hence the flares in the MC itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
As anyone ever got close to 300whp with the stock MAF on an SR20?
Never.

Quote:
I was just curious at around what hp does the stock MAF max out at (runs out of voltage).
It's more on airflow, but you're looking 240/250ish at MAX voltage.

Quote:
that's where the wideband comes in and you make adjustments accordingly. Heck that's how people set SAFCs and other piggibacks.
A wideband isn't going to help you if you're compensating for timing change at max V.

Quote:
Funny enough, nistune seems to rate the SR20 MAF at '330hp', whatever that means. This might be enough to touch 300.
They use it only as an example of how you can use a correction to make it work at the same resolution.

And an S14 MAF's should get you just shy of 300whp safely, again nothing I'd push my luck on at all.

Get a Z32 maf, and don't worry about maxing it.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #19263
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

What is your end goal by doing this / what are you trying to accomplish? IS something broke inside yours?

Well that's easy.. He wants either a VLSD or HLSD and doesn't want to buy new axles.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #19264
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
If I run shell rotella will it destroy the catalytic converter???
Old 03-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #19265
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Get a Z32 maf, and don't worry about maxing it.

Fuck MAF altogether and go MAP.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #19266
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Fuck MAF altogether and go MAP.
^^^^ this

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #19267
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
If I run shell rotella will it destroy the catalytic converter???
Right after E10 destroys your transmission.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:01 AM   #19268
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousBlackX View Post
OK I am puzzled beyond belief. I have 4 lug hubs on my 240 right now and I am waiting for my new 5 lug hubs. In my waiting I figured I would just buy locking lug nuts to take place of the missing 4 when moving to 5 lug.. but when I tried to put the 4 12x1.25 on my studs they don't fit. looking further into my old hub/lugs my old lugs says 12x1.5 very very small on the side. every where I've looked says nissan uses 12x1.25. why would mine be 12x1.5?

they look like factory hubs....and I ordered the http://www.240sxconversions.com/ conversion kit now to the questions.\

Back when Nissan was using 4 lug on lots of cars, they used some Honda parts like 12 x 1.50 studs and 4 x 100 bolt patterns, but these things still would not slow the mighty Nissan's down so they did things like switch to a US pattern 5 lug hub, and a KA engine.
If you got the correct Tomegun hubs with the 5 x 4.50 and 12 x 1.25 studs, your car can be slow too
Need maor warped Nissan History?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #19269
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousBlackX View Post

I did the hub conversion recently as well, and if I remember correctly, the 12x1.5 muteki lugnuts I bought would not work with the new studs. I just went to autozone, they have these sets of "tuner" lugnuts that are 1.25, just use them. The autozone lugnuts were actually higher quality than the muteki lugnuts anyway, and are like $30 compared to expensive other lugnuts.

My hubs were the Ichiba ones.
I did a quick search and standard pitch for 240's is 1.25 as well

Muteki lugnuts are expensive and yet are still made in freakin china so there's no point. the paint stuff comes off the second you put the socket on em. I would recommend the autozone ones

It's strange that your problem seems to be the opposite of mine haha
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #19270
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
They use it only as an example of how you can use a correction to make it work at the same resolution.

And an S14 MAF's should get you just shy of 300whp safely, again nothing I'd push my luck on at all.
It's the 1st I hear of S14 MAF being different then S13 MAF. I'm running an S14 notchtop. Is it possible to confirm which one I have just from this picture?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #19271
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
It's the 1st I hear of S14 MAF being different then S13 MAF. I'm running an S14 notchtop. Is it possible to confirm which one I have just from this picture?
Your picture ins't displaying but all KA24DE MAF's are the same
Old 03-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #19272
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Your picture ins't displaying but all KA24DE MAF's are the same
I fixed it. I'm talking about SR20DET and it seems there are differences:
http://www.240sxmotoring.com/part-s-used-for-a-sr20det/

I already confirmed that my ECU is a 69F00. I just hope my MAF is too.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #19273
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I fixed it. I'm talking about SR20DET and it seems there are differences:
http://www.240sxmotoring.com/part-s-used-for-a-sr20det/

I already confirmed that my ECU is a 69F00. I just hope my MAF is too.
Oh, okay. Well only a S13 KA24E MAF works on SR's. The KA24DE will not. The plugs should be different I believe.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #19274
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Are only 1995 S14 clusters compatible with 1995 S14 only? Connector on the back looks different than 96-98.

Mines dead.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #19275
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Are only 1995 S14 clusters compatible with 1995 S14 only? Connector on the back looks different than 96-98.

Mines dead.
I don't have any first hand experience with this, but I'd imagine if the faces and gauges are/work the same you could patch the harness to convert to the new plug type assuming it has the same number of wires and they do the same things. Personally if the plugs didn't match I'd just try sourcing one that did.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #19276
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Take a picture of the part number on the black part. There's different part numbers for S13, S14 zenki, and S14a/S15.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #19277
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
A little confused with a couple of vacuum lines on my RB20.

Are these suppose to be connected to each other or no, I only ask because the hose coming off the intercooler is a tad bit bigger than the air regulator hose but I do not know any other place where that hose is suppose to go.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #19278
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Right after E10 destroys your transmission.
heheheh
Old 03-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #19279
partytron69000
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
partytron69000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Vert Guys: Can anyone who has one, take a picture of the boot well front retainer and post it. The FSM/OEM parts catalog/google/ebay doesn't have any good pictures of it, and I'd like to see the original design so I can fab something up similar to it.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #19280
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
SR redtop;

Fuel pressure is at 3 bar with AND without the fpr vacuum line plugged/unplugged. Yet it still raises as needed when in boost (~60psi at 10-13psi boost)

Halp

I'm having a bad hesitation before 4K rpm. Replaced knock sensor and sub harness

Last edited by corkscrew; 03-03-2016 at 04:24 PM..
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #19281
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
fuel pressure is SUPPOSED to raise with the RPMs on the SR.

hesitation issues are relate to boost leak before or after the MAF and a dirty MAF sensor. pull the sensor out of the housing, if its any color other than CLEAN (yes, clean is a color) go get some MAF cleaner from Autozone and give it a bath!

Old 03-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #19282
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

I know. I was wondering why there was no change with the vac unplugged. MAF voltage at idle is good but cleaning it can't hurt. All boost leaks have been fixed, forgot to mention that
Old 03-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #19283
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
Fuel pressure is at 3 bar with AND without the fpr vacuum line plugged/unplugged. Yet it still raises as needed when in boost (~60psi at 10-13psi boost)

Halp
That's fucked up. Are you sure there's not another FPR somewhere?
Old 03-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #19284
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
That's fucked up. Are you sure there's not another FPR somewhere?
100% sure lol. Only fpr I have is the stock one on the rail
Old 03-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #19285
accoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
accoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey everybody. I have recently had a lot of issues with power steering on my s14 and I've been toying with the idea electronic power steering (eps). I've been thinking about the set up from the FRS/BRZ. These cars have a manual rack and the assist motor is built into column. I think all the neccesary parts could be had from a salvage yard for pretty cheap complete column, rack and control module. Anybody heard of anything like this going on in the 240 world? I think the hardest part would be mounting the rack to the cross member? Thoughts?
accoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #19286
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

How many quarts of oil does a s14 ka24de transmission take?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #19287
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Just pump it in her till she runs over
Old 03-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #19288
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
2.5 i believe

Old 03-03-2016, 09:28 PM   #19289
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
2.5 i believe
do ya'll not just open the side plug and fill it till it comes out?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #19290
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
do ya'll not just open the side plug and fill it till it comes out?
that is the proper way to do it, BUT, its 2.5 qts per FSM i believe