Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #1
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
(Zilvia help me) Where to get Nissan OEM or aftermarket hardware?

Hey guys. Not sure if my last post went up or not, but i have tried to answer my own question and have done some research trying to find where to find the hardware that i need that link my oil pump and upper timing cover. If you have the part number for the two bolts, bless up, i just need to figure out where to buy them. If you do know of a place to order any nissan bolts PLEASE let me know lol i want to start my motor but im not tryna blow a headgasket or something. Heres a picture of the spot i am talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2018, 12:14 AM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I’m fairly certain those are just M6x1.0 bolts you can get at the hardware store, just get the correct length. 10mm head.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:17 AM   #3
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
I’m fairly certain those are just M6x1.0 bolts you can get at the hardware store, just get the correct length. 10mm head.

Yeah man, i looked and looked made like siz trips to the hardware store. its just such a weird bolt because (excuse my lack of knowledge) the spacer / flat part of the bolt is big then theres the threads which are way smaller than the diameter of the wide part. Like it goes from O -> o . god someone please flame me lmao.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:18 AM   #4
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

i appreciate the help though, ill try to find one using the specs you provided me, its just that all of the bolt isnt threaded if you know what im saying. hopefully ill get lucky and find one at ace or denaults.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:23 AM   #5
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
I know what you mean, if you don’t have a collection of OEM bolts then finding that specific one at a hardware store can be difficult. However, the threaded part doesn’t really matter as it can be completely threaded and still work.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:38 AM   #6
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I know what you mean, if you don’t have a collection of OEM bolts then finding that specific one at a hardware store can be difficult. However, the threaded part doesn’t really matter as it can be completely threaded and still work.

Ok. So i dont neccesarily need the wider part, as long as it bolts in im fine? i have all my bolts marked with a paint marker to see if they move at all, but i just want to be as safe as possible, its my first time building a motor and i want to do everything i can do to do it properly lol.

Last thing i want to do is blow my headgasket because i bought some boof ass bolt haha

Old 06-15-2018, 12:40 AM   #7
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

If it were up to me I would just use a standard bolt that’s threaded all the way. However, if you’re that meticulous, it wouldn’t hurt to dig extensively and source original hardware.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:41 AM   #8
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
If it were up to me I would just use a standard bolt that’s threaded all the way. However, if you’re that meticulous, it wouldn’t hurt to dig extensively and source original hardware.

Thanks man, helps having a second opinion on shit like this

Old 06-15-2018, 12:42 AM   #9
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

For sure. Good luck with your motor.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #10
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
There are some specialty hardware stores that carry every size/pitch.

Like in our case here in San Diego we have Marshalls hardware in Miramar.

Marshalls is so good ive seen Nissan and Infiniti shop workers go in there looking for misc bolts.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #11

Trader Rating: (0)
6330 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
https://www.efisolutions.com.au/genuine-nissan/