Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #1
s.tamayo1991

Trader Rating: (0)
s.tamayo1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 Rebuilding head

Hey guys so i have a s14 sr wth the bottom end built and now that i have some time and money i would like to build the head. My car will mostly be daily driven but i plan on drifting and doing some autocross and road racing as well. I come across a [email protected] Supertech dual valve springs and retainer kit i would like to use, but someone told me i cant use those in a car that will be daily driven because they will destroy whatever cams i have in the motor within a few months. I was told if i take out the inner spring they'll be 75lbs springs and it would work perfectly fine with the HKS 264 cams i plan on using. I chose those cams because I'll be running a 2871r turbo. I have supertech valve seals and Tomei RAS. The rest of the internals will be oem. Any machine work recommendations? Just trying to get a feel for what i need to do to the head so it can run efficiently and be reliable at the same time. Any info on what i mentioned about the springs and retainer kit is appreciated.

Thank you
s.tamayo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Daily Driven + Autocross/drifting = bad idea. Especially if you're going to do the head.

Well I take that back, it's not always a bad idea.

I'd really suggest from my personal experience just grab a mild set of head gear from BC.

Did that on my first KA-t and it worked well for all of 6 years until I sold the car.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote