Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-05-2017, 06:35 AM   #31
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
holy FUCK. you can get a used maf here on zilvia for under $100

do some searching about 240sx with maf issues and see if the symptoms listed match yours.

also, like snags said, if you had a bad maf, the check engine light would be on.

did this mechanic say anything about the clutch or exhaust leak?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #32
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resq View Post
Alright took the car to a new shop to get a 2nd opinion on Monday, I was told it's the MAF sensor and my spark plug. Guy told me it would run about $600 just for the MAF sensor alone. Does this sound like it could be causing my issues?
None of this. 0. Nada.

Jesus, take it to the local trades school for auto repair, they'll do a better diagnosis.

Even if it was, that $600 is robbery!!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #33
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
There has to be another member her that can recommend a competent shop or help you look at your issues near Hollyweed, CA.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #34
Resq

Trader Rating: (0)
Resq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
holy FUCK. you can get a used maf here on zilvia for under $100

do some searching about 240sx with maf issues and see if the symptoms listed match yours.

also, like snags said, if you had a bad maf, the check engine light would be on.

did this mechanic say anything about the clutch or exhaust leak?
He said that, it can't be a exhaust leak based of the sound he heard, then he told me it was the MAF. He also said clutch is fine I just need to get used to it.
Resq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #35
Resq

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
None of this. 0. Nada.

Jesus, take it to the local trades school for auto repair, they'll do a better diagnosis.

Even if it was, that $600 is robbery!!
He's not charging me for anything just yet, he told me I could come by and take the car free of charge it's been at his shop since Monday. Btw the shop is Crown Auto Repair in Santa Monica.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #36
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
before replacing your MAF... get a can of MAF cleaner for $8 from any auto parts store. Unscrew the 2 phillips head screws holding your actual sensor in place, unclip then unplug the MAF harness and carefully pull the sensor out, spray down the MAF sensor like crazy with the MAF cleaner. Wait 30 seconds to a minute for it to dry completely and reinstall! This will more than likely fix any and all MAF related issues.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #37
Resq

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
before replacing your MAF... get a can of MAF cleaner for $8 from any auto parts store. Unscrew the 2 phillips head screws holding your actual sensor in place, unclip then unplug the MAF harness and carefully pull the sensor out, spray down the MAF sensor like crazy with the MAF cleaner. Wait 30 seconds to a minute for it to dry completely and reinstall! This will more than likely fix any and all MAF related issues.
I have not done this but I will try after work, does anyone know if I have to replace this grey piece in the first picture or just the black piece from the second picture?
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0083.PNG (278.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0082.jpg (91.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #38
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resq View Post
I have not done this but I will try after work, does anyone know if I have to replace this grey piece in the first picture or just the black piece from the second picture?
The 2nd black piece but please try simply cleaning it first.
Also maybe buy a Honda.
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #39
Resq

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
The 2nd black piece but please try simply cleaning it first.
Also maybe buy a Honda.
Alright so I tried cleaning the original MAF with the cleaner and no luck. So I bought a new one from autozone $135 I don't think it's too bad. The car isn't as loud anymore and it doesn't sound like it has a exhaust leak either. But now there's a new issue where it struggling to get power, it's really sluggish but after I hit 3k RPM it feels normal. When I first turned on the car again is was back firing on idle. Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #40
Kickfillip

Kickfillip is an unknown quantity at this point
Check your sparks. Change them out if they look crappy. Theyre inexpensive anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Kickfillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #41
Resq

Alright so I changed all Spark plugs they were all black but my car still feels sluggish right after every shift, I'm stuck on what it could be. Car just got a new Fuel Pump, new flywheel, new clutch and I changed the transmission. The previous owner of the car said the transmission was new so I decided to put it on since it was already off from changing the clutch. Could this be cause by my transmission?
Old 01-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #42
Resq

Is the fuel pump for a 91 different from a 95? Cause again I have a KA24de my car is a 91 and I'm thinking I'm running the fuel pump for the KA24E?
Old 01-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #43
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
same pump, just different sending unit setup.

KA24e pump works fine on a KA24de and vice versa. a difference of 10hp doesnt make a bit of difference.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #44
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
i was going to try to help but after seeing the "clutch is slipping in neutral" comment i quickly backed off
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote