Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Restoration parts/ Stuff we need

Hello,
I work in the auto parts industry. I just walked past a listing of projects some of our design engineers are working on and saw that they had some MKIV Supra parts going through as a trial run.

My company is looking to get into some low volume, custom, made to order parts. It's very similar to what some small companies are already doing like Dorkidori and his body kits, and a lot of the vendors listed in this thread below

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=660310

My company is full of car guys, a lot of which are in need of the parts that they want to pursue making. The product manager who pushed for this batch of Supra parts actually needs this for his car and wants to market it to the Supra community for cheaper than what the used prices are. The trim piece in question is selling for $300 used and they want to sell it for $200 new, as an OE replacement.

My question to you guys is, what would you like to see?
I am going to be handing them a list of items and what application it is for. It is up to the product managers to do the research on what the asking price is on YAJ/EBAY etc and what it sold for etc etc. I'm just providing a list.

My list includes
-Door panels (S13, S14)
-Gauge cluster cover (the clear covered portion that gets scratched up, S13,S14 Impreza GC8 GM6)
EDIT - They already make this part for other applications, I want S chassis and Subarus in there too
-Door panel HVAC trims (around the lever and the part connecting to the dash)
-dash vent trim
-DIN pockets
-radio surround
-The quarter window rubber trim( I know its an assembly but can we make a better design using OE Glass)
-Headlight/Taillight housings
-Trunk liner (the cardboard/fiber piece that sits under the carpet/covers the spare wheel)

I own a bunch of S14s, the impreza Rs coupe, and a 1990 GMC Suburban. So obviously my list will include stuff I need for those vehicles.
Tell me other applications/stuff you would like to see.

EDIT - I am trying to keep this realistic. Interior stuff and things that wont require a DOT stamp or crash testing (like hoods/fenders).
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LHD S14 dash overlay with OUT the provision for the passenger air bag.

Wheel well liner that clear excessively lowered cars / steering angle.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
LHD S14 dash overlay with OUT the provision for the passenger air bag.

Wheel well liner that clear excessively lowered cars / steering angle.
I have thought about the wheel well liner as I need one too. Thank you for that.

The dash overlay is also something I have thought about, but from the perspective of a full on replacement. They are working on other parts for off road use only. What I have dealt with before is customers not following directions on our warning sheets and injuring themselves. I question what will happen if someone leaves their airbag in the car and gets into an accident.

Still worth looking at because a thin overlay that gets glued on would not cost much to do.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I'd like to see a 180sx headliner with a sunroof cutout to fill the gaps for my seatbelt conversion. Hard enough trying to source one.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
New dash boards for LHD s13's. All 3 versions of the s13 Silvia headlights, especially bricks. OEM style metal s13 Silvia fenders.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Plastic receivers for s13 convertible top. They all tend to crack from uv exposure and heat
Old 02-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #7
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Interior parts are so hard to find now and I got real lucky getting some of my stuff new a couple of years back. Would love to see them produce these:

- S13 LHD Dashboard
- S13 LHD Center Console
- S13 LHD Radio Bezel
- S13 Cluster Bezel
- S13 Ash Tray.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #8
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
- S13 Lower reveal trim and molding for the front and rear window for (coupe). The original pieces have a thin strip of rubber that is always deteriorated. I tried to pull the trigger on the last rear trim set in the states and called the dealership it was supposed to be at, "Ghost inventory" is what he told me. Only other places I've found it was a YAJ auction for a ridiculous amount of money.

- JDM S13 headliner for folks that no longer have autobelts; coupe and hatch, sunroof and slicktop option.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #9
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
headliner, 91+ OEM lip
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #10
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
cupholders, shift knob, shift boot, privacy cover, louvres...all i can think of atm...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #11
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
+1 to the dash vent trim, those things are old as hell and crack upon removal 80% of the time. Those vents are a nice piece of detail to have in a clean car.

I like where this is going and hope something actually comes out of this.

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:20 PM   #12
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
+1 to the dash vent trim, those things are old as hell and crack upon removal 80% of the time. Those vents are a nice piece of detail to have in a clean car.

I like where this is going and hope something actually comes out of this.
Yup, basically anything for the vert where the top connects to the window.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #13
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Door Beltline moldings

Windshield molding kits that don't look like generic rubber molding (oem ones are way too much for what they are..)
Old 02-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #14
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
S14 fuel tanks.

Door hinge pin/bushing kits
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #15
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
i was gonna say, not one person asked for a fuel tank!!

there was a big thread here a while ago about fuel tanks. not sure if it was just s14, but i know guys have been wanting some for a while. this could be your chance to be zilvia's knight in shining armor and fend off all the cracked tanks.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #16
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
EDIT - I am trying to keep this realistic. Interior stuff and things that wont require a DOT stamp or crash testing (like hoods/fenders).
... figured fuel tanks would be out of the question after reading this.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im gonna tell you flat out right now that unless you have some large investors or deep pockets... A LOT of the parts will be VERY expensive to mold + produce. i am currently working on bringing back as many small and silly restoration parts i can over the next 3-4 years.

believe me when i say... i would reproduce OEM S13 dashboards in a heartbeart if the tooling cost was worth it. the ROI for me simply isnt there for me to invest in something i would only sell MAYBE 3-4 of at the most every year and only make 1/4-1/8th of the cost per unit back on.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #18
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
- S13 Coupe Weather Strip Retainers (metal trim along the A pillar):

- Molding for S13 coupe rear quarter glass.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #19
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
- S13 Coupe Weather Strip Retainers (metal trim along the A pillar):

- Molding for S13 coupe rear quarter glass.
Yes very much this, its hard to find any in good condition.

AFAIK they fit on both hatch and coupe.

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #20
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Door Beltline moldings

Windshield molding kits that don't look like generic rubber molding (oem ones are way too much for what they are..)
UGH this basically any all weather stripping. I feel by 2020 all s13 stripping will be almost gone. I picked up for my lower door but the upper trim, sunroof, front windshield and hatch are all pricey.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #21
danbarnett123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
danbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Please make me an affordable replica s14 usdm front lip that won’t crack when scraped and uses factory mounting holes
Old 02-11-2019, 09:39 PM   #22
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
S14 sunroof seal/trim replacement.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #23
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Something to solve the S14/S13 dash problem. I know S13's have the full dashboard cover that looks pretty good, maybe something similar for the S14 instead of the one available that just covers the top?
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #24
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
Yes very much this, its hard to find any in good condition.

AFAIK they fit on both hatch and coupe.
They're different unfortunately. The coupe version is a bit longer as it extends over the quarter glass. I was able to buy a pair for my hatch from Japan, but they were pretty darn expensive. Coupe is discontinued though sadly.

I would really like to see someone produce the S13 rubber boot/trim that goes around the shifter assembly (under the actual leather shift boot.) It's discontinued both in the states and Japan but is really important for keeping exhaust fumes out of the interior.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #25
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
UGH this basically any all weather stripping. I feel by 2020 all s13 stripping will be almost gone. I picked up for my lower door but the upper trim, sunroof, front windshield and hatch are all pricey.
Yup second this.
JDM240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:49 PM   #26
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Ladies and gentlemen,
I have been reading your responses, Tapatalk is being a pain in my ass on my phone. I truly want to talk the time to respond to everyone as there are some nice ideas in here that can be made and sold for reasonable pricing.

I have not forgotten about you guys, just busy with the other stuff at work.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:08 AM   #27
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
S14 heater cores. There is no OEM or aftermarket option currently available.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #28
shirekid369

shirekid369 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 sunroof trim
shirekid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #29
roodog

roodog is an unknown quantity at this point
I’m a year into trying to restore an s14 and would love a quality dash, window and windshield stripping, roof panel, interior panels...basically if you made anything for s14 pm me and I will buy
roodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #30
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Pig nose lips