Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Angry Noise!

Ok ill try to make this as simple and as detailed as posible. Heres my situatin here.... Ok im at at stop sign or red light, im completely stopped waiting for light to turn green. I have 1st gear in with the clutch pedal in, as i dissengage the clutch to start going i get this click noise when i first go then i wont here it. It does it at all times when im going from stop to go. Now the noise is not that loud but you can clearly hear it from the inside. I know its coming from the rear. Ive jacked the car up and have check to see anything that might be loose like coilovers, any suspension nuts and bolts, diff and shafts but have not found or seen anything that might be causing this. Someone had told me its my rear brakes that might be causing this but im not to convinced but i do hear it sometimes when i break but mostly when the car jerks is when i hear it. Anyone had this noise before?????
zylvia213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
carnagexxxx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
carnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I have had a similar problem from time to time. I've been told that it might be subframe bushing that are old. Does it sound like a little tiny hammer in the back seat area? Not so much a dull sound but more of a click like on a jacket with snaps?
carnagexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
lsd's click. =]
Old 08-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #4
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Is it your exhaust?? Usually I noticed my exhaust will vibrate on take off and when down shifting. And thats when it may vibrate against something for a minute.

From the back for sure??

under the car, inside??
is your trunk stock or stripped? coupe or hatch??

try taking off with your ebrake dragging a little?? that will let you know if its brakes, cause it should nt happen with the brake engaged, so if it does, its something else.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
well i have a coupe and the trunk is not gutted. I havent really checked the subframe bushing so ill do that. As for the LSD... ive heard after market diffs are noisey, thats the other thing i dont even know what LSD i have on my car. It came with the last coupe i got all i know it has a sticker on it that says LSD. I thought it was the exhuast at one point but ive checked that and im sure that is not causing it. I'll check the bushings when i get a chance. Good looking out guys.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
carnagexxxx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
carnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
If you didn't already, do a thread search for subframe bushings or subframe collars. Maybe the posts that show up will make you decide what the noise might be. There are some low cost replacement collars that SPLParts.com carries.

With the noise that I get, it comes and goes. It is more annoying than anything else.
carnagexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
are all your wires attached?? If you have a bulb thats hanging out of the housing, when you start and stop, it will swing a little and make noise when it hits the car. license plate tight? trunk? Its doubtfull its your LSD.
Clean up your underbody good. try taking off dragging your ebrake like i said. then get back to us.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Nah no hanging light hardness around for sure. I will definately look into the bushings. I havent changed any bushings but the motor mounts and tranny mount... who knows how old the bushings are. As for the ebrake test, ill try that tomorow. Thanks guys