Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #22771
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy S14 240SX door weatherstripping? Ive been checking my usual spots and its all discontinued.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #22772
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i just bought all the new s14 door/chassis seals i could in the fall (2018), was able to source every seal except the trunk.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #22773
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
DarkSide, here's the link for the adapter socket

https://www.amazon.com/Halogen-Headl.../dp/B07JB43739

For the rubber boot that protects the housing from the elements, I'd suggest measuring the diameter of the hole on the housing and head to a pick n pull yard, they are super common on Toyotas, Nissans and Hondas especially and I'd bet you could find one that would fit perfectly. At the yards I frequent an item like that would be free, same goes for an adapter socket that may work. Look for a mid 2000's Altima for the socket. Good luck man!

Last edited by Standard; 08-18-2019 at 01:44 AM..
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #22774
Presto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Presto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Bought broken coupe like 5 months ago haven’t driven it yet

HELP A NOOB OUT!! I bought this car with dreams of driving a 240 but I still haven’t fixed it

Ka24e SOHC

Previous owner did injector pigtails, distributor,rotor, ignition coil, water pump, coolant temp sensors, fuel pump, engine and trans mount, egr block off plate, pretty much deleted everything besides brake booster and fpr,

I did: new injectors, new maf sensnor, new throttle position sensor, new header + exhaust, re routed 1 vacuum line, new o2 sensor, cleaned throttle body plenum thing, capped some holes on intake manifold,

I know I have to re-do the ignition timing and properly calibrate the tps, and my coolant temp sensor connector wiring cracked off, and the hose on my air regulator is dried solid

Problem: Car can start first turn after sitting for a long time, it will idle at almost 2k rpm but it stays right there the needle doesn’t jump around at all, after some time the car just slowly starts stalling itself out, and when I give it gas it will bog really bad.

Last edited by Presto; 08-19-2019 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Bad grammar
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #22775
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I wanted to know if anyone has used the ISR e85 injectors with success?

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...-set-of-4.html
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #22776
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
s13 E85

I wanted to know if anyone has used the ISR e85 injectors with success?

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...-set-of-4.html
Old 08-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #22777
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
does anyone know how much type x kits go for these days?
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #22778
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

^^ You can get all the parts new from FRSPORT or Nissanraceshop for about 880 for the body kit. To complete the look it will cost $300 for brackets and lights needed for the front end. 450-565 for the type x rear lights with lock and key. The biggest hassle will be SHIPPING! I was quoted $500 from Cali to Texas. Grand Total 2,215 with tax. There are individuals on this forum who can get better prices than this, due to being Old G. I'm taking a road trip to California in March 2020, and plan to pick up my kit then.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #22779
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
For those running BMW style 95 wheels, what hardware are you using because I noticed the wheel is for a 14x1.5 lug bolt/stud and most wheel adapters are 12mm studs.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:58 PM   #22780
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^ Are you sure? Im almost certain that the kouki 180sx sideskirts, rear valance and front lip were discontinued. Got a link for these brand new?!? The front bumper, brackets, and tail lights are still available but I think that's it right?
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #22781
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

https://frsport.com/nissan-76858-60f...iABEgLfMvD_BwE

Just google type x side skirts
Old 08-21-2019, 06:52 AM   #22782
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
^^ Are you sure? Im almost certain that the kouki 180sx sideskirts, rear valance and front lip were discontinued. Got a link for these brand new?!? The front bumper, brackets, and tail lights are still available but I think that's it right?
Rear valences and front lip definitely are. Pretty sure side skirts and the rear wing are also discontinued, but not as confident on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't believe FR Sport actually has any of that stuff anymore. They have tons of old listings for OEM Nissan items on their website that have been discontinued, some for years. I've reached out to them a few times and they reply to tell me it is discontinued and out of stock.

I can't say that is the case specifically for the items in question, just sharing my experience with them as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My! View Post
does anyone know how much type x kits go for these days?
The front bumper and MOST components for installation are still available new. NissanParts.cc is running 10% off until Sunday as well which helps with the cost (no affiliation with them other than being a long time customer):

https://www.nissanparts.cc/c-180sx-kouki-17

These prices reflect more or less what I have seen this stuff go for in the last year (used condition):

Front bumper (all brackets and lights): $700-900
Front Lip (OEM): $600-900
Side Skirts: $550-700
Rear Valences: $500-600
Wing: $300-400
Tail Lights: $500-650

Certainly not trying to say these prices are right or wrong, just based on observation.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:05 AM   #22783
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSlide77 View Post
https://www.ebay.com/i/233232838623?...gaAkHfEALw_wcB

This is the link just to see the circular rubber seals that are on the back of the Silvia headlight. The best way I would describe it is like a grommet kinda. If anyone has any idea where to find these or find another way to deal with it I’d like to hear it.
26029-10V00 & 26029-10V00 (Right) and 26029-10V00 & 26317-25V00 (Left) are the part numbers for those rubber seals on the Silvia headlights. I would hit up Jesse Streeter or RHD Japan to have them check to see if they are still available or not. Good luck!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:43 AM   #22784
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
QUESTION:

What would be a good price for an s14 zenki 1996 shell?

Maroon in color. Clean complete interior and the exterior has faded paint but the body itself is very mint. Blown KA under the hood, auto transmission. SE model so came with the bumper lip spoiler, "fog lights", sunroof, and 5 lug. Overall I would rate it a 7/10.

Owner wants $2,000.00
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #22785
DarkSlide77
Leaky Injector

DarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
HELP A NOOB OUT!! I bought this car with dreams of driving a 240 but I still haven’t fixed it

Ka24e SOHC

Previous owner did injector pigtails, distributor,rotor, ignition coil, water pump, coolant temp sensors, fuel pump, engine and trans mount, egr block off plate, pretty much deleted everything besides brake booster and fpr,

I did: new injectors, new maf sensnor, new throttle position sensor, new header + exhaust, re routed 1 vacuum line, new o2 sensor, cleaned throttle body plenum thing, capped some holes on intake manifold,

I know I have to re-do the ignition timing and properly calibrate the tps, and my coolant temp sensor connector wiring cracked off, and the hose on my air regulator is dried solid

Problem: Car can start first turn after sitting for a long time, it will idle at almost 2k rpm but it stays right there the needle doesn’t jump around at all, after some time the car just slowly starts stalling itself out, and when I give it gas it will bog really bad.
First fix the problems you mentioned that you know you have, then come back and report.
DarkSlide77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #22786
Presto
Leaky Injector

Presto is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 I give up goodbye cars

My car make me mad today

Last edited by Presto; 08-25-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #22787
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Does anyone know what TOb and sleeve (and part numbers if possible) Nismo Coppermax Twin or Gmax twin use??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #22788
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
my interior makes an annoying squeak, its only the worst when driving around town and slow, tight corners and going over small bumps which causes the interior to creak and squeak. sounds like its the passenger side but lord knows where exactly it could be. i might try have a look tomorrow
180sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:11 PM   #22789
NuclearMacaroni

NuclearMacaroni is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Silvia Question

Alrighty, i know Silvias, i know the chassis codes, i know Chukis Koukis Zenkis.. But im trying to figure out a little question ive been asked. Car in question is a 1992 Nissan 240sx S13 Hatch, no body swaps... bone stock. And the question is what JDM enthusiasts call the car... ive tried everything and so far nothing is right. Anything im missing?
NuclearMacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #22790
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
1992 240sx S13 hatch = chuki

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:10 PM   #22791
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

I need a new vacuum source, since I have a chase bays master cylinder delete kit. Is the throttle body enough to support boost gauge and any other items.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #22792
Andrewkd

Andrewkd is an unknown quantity at this point
SR S14 rotors won’t fit in

Hello guys, not too long ago I bought an s13 with a s14 subframe, it had z33 brakes on the rear, I went back to 4 lug and stock brakes, bought rotors for s14 but they hit the drum assembly, they won’t slide all the way in, it makes no sense for the subframe, arms, axle, etc to fit right in as s14 and the knuckle be z32, very weird, anyone knows if there’s a difference, my best bet is that if the rotor has to be bigger then it’s z32 knuckle but I’m not sure as it wouldn’t make much sense as to all s14 parts to fit so smoothly
Andrewkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:59 PM   #22793
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Stock 240 doesn't use drum ebrake. S13 and s14 rear calipers have ebrake built into the caliper.
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:08 PM   #22794
Andrewkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Stock 240 doesn't use drum ebrake. S13 and s14 rear calipers have ebrake built into the caliper.
Damn so I got z32 knucke and drum?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:14 PM   #22795
Andrewkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Damn so I got z32 knucke and drum?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:20 PM   #22796
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Z32 knuckle makes it so that bottom of the shock is a fork mount vs s-chassis which is a stud/eyelet mount. They're interchangeable but the shock mount is different.

The correct way to fix it would be to just pull the ebrake assembly off. You'd be missing the backing plate but otherwise everything else bolts on.

Look up z32 rear brake swap and then just imagine the reverse.

https://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#rearbrake
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:45 AM   #22797
SRSmith
Leaky Injector

SRSmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Guys,
My carbon fiber hood split in two (top and bottom halves separated). What should I use to fuse the halves back together? Is there something I could buy locally?

Thank you much
SRSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #22798
srh666
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
srh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any yashio factory dealers in the united states?
srh666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #22799
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Im having a potential ignition timing issue with my 1996 s14 with a KA. Im looking at the timing with a OBD scanner from amazon. I followed the procedure from alldata: Warm it up, Shut it down, unplug TPS, turn it on, rev it to 3K 3 times, adjust timing to 20*, shut it off. plug TPS back in, Start it, rev to 3k 3 times again. After I do all this the timing at idle is like 11*? Not sure whats up.
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #22800
SkidzNY

SkidzNY is an unknown quantity at this point
neeewb y cant i make a new thread
SkidzNY is offline   Reply With Quote