Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-24-2020, 02:55 PM   #271
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just went through this entire thread. Very nice work dude, the entire build is awesome!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #272
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hot diggity dog! Luv it...not a fan of the bashbars blockn intercoolers, cause im a fanboi n luv seeing big front mounts lmao(doesnt sound right) but this car is minty!!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #273
TollieLifted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TollieLifted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This thing is rad! The headliner is just the icing on the cake for me. Well done!
TollieLifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:06 AM   #274
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Just went through this entire thread. Very nice work dude, the entire build is awesome!
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Hot diggity dog! Luv it...not a fan of the bashbars blockn intercoolers, cause im a fanboi n luv seeing big front mounts lmao(doesnt sound right) but this car is minty!!
I mean theres plenty of intercooler to go around...besides factory bumper support wouldn't allow for 4" intercooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollieLifted View Post
This thing is rad! The headliner is just the icing on the cake for me. Well done!
Thank you sir, appreciate it.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:19 AM   #275
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Update 12/3/20

A good buddy of mine was selling his old set of S15 rear seats for cheap so I picked them up. I used my bissell to clean them first, then used fabric accents dye on them and they came out stellar. So much I am going to do my R32 seats next.

Added in an additional relay for the fuel pump signal using the stock signal wire for fuel pump on to be my trigger and used larger wire going to the walbaro 525.

Rear speakers are in and deck lid installed. Started to clean up the tail light wiring in the trunk with new push clip zipties and nice fabric sheathing.

I purchased a broken yet authentic Nismo old logo RHD S14 gauge holder from a member on here. I tossed the 100mm gauge and my awesome buddy at BreakBeat made me a custom adapter to fit my 52mm Defi boost gauge. I used JB weld to reinforce the fractured area, then used JB weld to put M5.8 nuts on the inside to give me mounting areas for tabs to secure the holder to the door card.

Finally got around to getting the Sikky sway bar and CTSV calipers powder coated. I took a risk on the color and it came out so perfectly I couldn't have taken credit for it going any better.

Immediately of course, I had to rebuild them and get them laced up with new stickers and lines.

The CTSV calipers came loaded with rotors and pads in good condition, just some surface rust on the rotors from sitting. So I took them to work and sandblasted them then turned them on my machine. Rotors are now good to go for install.

I went ahead and purchased a Greddy Gracer lip for the front end since I feel it needs some more flare to go with the rest of the body. Going to pick that up Saturday and then get JP to paint it along with my caliper crossover tubes. Goal is to get the kouki rear bumper/valances, brakes, sway bar all on this weekend. Well see how it goes
Old 12-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #276
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice update!! Always been a fan of the greddy lip, I'm excited to see it on your car
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #277
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
whered you get the push style zipties?!?!
Old 12-11-2020, 12:57 AM   #278
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Nice update!! Always been a fan of the greddy lip, I'm excited to see it on your car
Got a good update for you don?t worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
whered you get the push style zipties?!?!
Amazon, eBay, just about anywhere online.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:20 AM   #279
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 12/12/20

I wanted to get to this sooner but Zilvia is having malfunctions making me worry I'm writing this all for nothing

Anyways...

Sikky sway bar is mocked up for now, loving the contrast in colors now. Had a friend make me up some purple Sikky stickers to still show some love.

JDM rear bumper finally installed, absolutely loving the look with the rest of the aero now. I do have the valances which will be going on very soon.

As promised...the Greddy Gracer lip arrived. However, what would you expect from my build yet if you didn't see something brand new get cut up? I knew from the start the center would have to be altered due to the bash bar and intercooler setup.

After the chop shop, JP blessed me once again with the purple man eater treatment.

Flashback: To when I installed the G2 Carbon CTSV swap brackets. The fitment is horrible, puts caliper far off the rotor contact area by a long shot. Decided to switch back to CTSVswap brackets since now on GKTech V4 knuckles. I did in fact have to still modify both the CTSVswap bracket and the GKTech V4 knuckles to fit the setup correctly. Overall its minimal in areas not stressed and the outcome is exactly as I wanted. Also wrapped the Chasebays tucked brake lines in the vulcan black sleeve to keep everything nice and protected.

Gracer lip got installed tonight! Ran out of light for better front photos. Maybe tomorrow when the other brake setup goes on.

Also got my Rize Titanium bonnet prop rod in, many thanks to Jesse Streeter for coming through.

Plan of attack for tomorrow is the passenger side brake setup then I can put Dot 4 fluid in and bleed both the brake and clutch system.

MIGHT BE ABLE TO MOVE IT AROUND THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
Old 12-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #280
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Need an update
Old 12-28-2020, 06:19 PM   #281
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
Need an update
Oh man I?ve updated a lot just not here, LS gets no love from the purist fucks haha. I?ll get some on here, it?s running and street tuned. Should be ready for streets by next month.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #282
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car is awesome! Well done!
Old 01-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #283
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/2/21

Lets get some more LS hate stewing in here shall we. I was extremely satisfied with the way my rear S15 seats turned out so I decided to give my driver R32 seat a go.

Decided to go with some neat S14 optional goodies now that I'm on the other side of the center console. S14 knee pads Only have one on here, working on the other.

Freshly powder coated wiper arms.

I've been working non stop on wiring all the additional lighting package, switches, and just other misc stuff. Found a cool switch off amazon for the louvers and installed the Breakbeat garage pod holder on my cluster surround.

Got a new clutch bushing for the pedal since mine was missing, huge improvement on the feel I cant wait to take it out.

Bought some STI rear calipers off Bernie and immediately had to destroy them. Sandblasted them at work, blew them apart and will drop them off with the roll cage for the final powder coating.

Somehow I managed to impress some people over at K&N so they sponsored me in a way? Sent me a bunch of free stuff in exchange for a few photos. Either way, pretty cool others appreciate the work involved.

Heres how the car currently sits. I have got the base map loaded on however I am waiting for 1000cc injectors in the mail from Link. Aiming to get an alignement this week and then I will be finally testing it around my street. I had to extend many of the custom rear tail harnesses that I got from a buddy since I have no idea where they mounted the show mode switches and with all of them connected it would have placed it right in the center of the trunk.

Tomorrow I will finish the tail light install, gauge cluster surround, and run the louver power switch in the center console area. After I finish the tails, I can install fatmat in the trunk area and put my lrb speed trunk floor pan in. It’s just small things at this point until I can get the car fully on the road and final tune.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #284
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Is this a real silvia now then?? LOL
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #285
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1421 View Post
Is this a real silvia now then?? LOL
Na haha, but the purists can eat their fucking heart out
Old 01-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #286
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
This is looking great! So jealous of those louvers
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:37 PM   #287
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Anderson View Post
This is looking great! So jealous of those louvers
Thank you man, appreciate the kind words. The louvers and sills were less than perfect but they cleaned up nicely and the new EL strips make a world of difference.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #288
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/5/21

Small update photo wise but I was able to make huge progress on the drivability of the car this weekend.

I finally lengthened all the tail light harnesses for the show mode switch boxes and got the trunk interior completely setup and ready to go . It was an absolute mess so I feel a huge weight lifted from me now that this is done.

My Breakbeat garage gauge pod for the AFR looks fantastic so happy I was able to grab some before he ended his venture for now in our chassis. All the lights are now functional so I will be installing the driver seat Thursday along with the steering column surround. I cut my brand new RHD dash cover for the HUD and its being hemmed should be back soon.

Alignment is this Thursday, then the car will get off the wood blocks and first drive around the block will be this weekend!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #289
TollieLifted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TollieLifted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post

Alignment is this Thursday, then the car will get off the wood blocks and first drive around the block will be this weekend!!!!!!
Hell yeah!! Congrats!
TollieLifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:14 PM   #290
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Dude this build is insane! Wow, huge amount of work! I really dig the color as well.

Also, thanks for the small tidbit on the clutch pedal bushing! I didnt know that was a thing, my pedal has always had play and I didnt know why
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #291
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollieLifted View Post
Hell yeah!! Congrats!
Thanks man, car has some sort of spark issue I suspect I have to figure out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Dude this build is insane! Wow, huge amount of work! I really dig the color as well. Also, thanks for the small tidbit on the clutch pedal bushing! I didnt know that was a thing, my pedal has always had play and I didnt know why
Thank you! No problem I try to share as much as I can with whoever needs it on here.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #292
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/10/21

So I was able to get the mobile guy to come out and do my alignment. Car is now straight and wheel is in correct orientation.

I got my dash cover back from the seamstress, got the hole for the HUD fixed up.

Installed a nice radio in the car once I got the replacement OEM factory female plugs and cigarette lighter plug since that was one of the areas on my clip they cut off.

Spent most of yesterday finishing up the dash and getting the rest of the trims installed. Dont mind the older shift knob, its only for testing this thing around until its ready for the new knob. The louver switch bezel arrived from an awesome dude I found who 3D prints little parts for different cars.

Car has some sort of starting issue at the moment, its cranking and I have fuel pressure but I'm not sure on spark. I will dig into it more tomorrow once I go back but I am really trying to get it driving by Monday, for now here are how most of the setup looks.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:16 PM   #293
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/21/21

The damn thang finally made it out on its own power and it felt amazing!!! Obviously it has some hiccups that need to be sorted out but just to feel the cars new power band and all the modifications that were made after this last year and a half.

The new Bosch 1000cc injectors finally showed up, I installed them yesterday along with the tophats to fit my setup.

Also got around to installing the other portion of the knee pad set to the door panel. Using 3M tape it feels extremely sturdy. Will have to keep an eye on it as the days go by to make sure it doesn't sag or fall.

Car will be getting the updated map for the new injectors tomorrow and my tuner will adjust it off the data log thats been recording in my little drives. Ill update this if I see any bumps otherwise its back on road
Old 01-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #294
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Wow. Congrats, brotha! Nice to see it out in the open and driving.
The purple paint really pops. Fantastic.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #295
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
This is sick!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #296
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome. Been waiting for this one to finish.
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:19 PM   #297
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Wow. Congrats, brotha! Nice to see it out in the open and driving.
The purple paint really pops. Fantastic.
Thank you! I thought so too it?s awesome how it looks completely different during the day and night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
This is sick!
Thank you! I still have to finish up the interior but thrilled to be on home stretch. The altezza is up next on the chop block haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Awesome. Been waiting for this one to finish.
Me too man! Haha once I can drive it around more I?ll be able to figure out everything. The car needs to go back to the body shop and the tune will be in February if all goes as planned. Rear brakes and cage powder coat work is up next on things to do.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:47 AM   #298
dhsil80
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
dhsil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
incredible build! your attention to detail is awesome, great to see it on the road!
dhsil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #299
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
And barney is out on the streets now lol
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #300
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsil80 View Post
incredible build! your attention to detail is awesome, great to see it on the road!
Thank you man!! I?m thrilled myself! Hopefully I?ll get some quality photos and no more iPhone potato lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1421 View Post
And barney is out on the streets now lol
Bring your Pokemon and we?ll snap some pics this weekend

Update 1/22/21

Car got the map updated for the 1000cc injectors this morning and all went well! Data logging is turned on and this weekend I?ll be giving it all the smoke. Also gonna aim to get the rear valances mounted up. Will have more updates soon .