Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
zerog

Trader Rating: (0)
zerog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 s13 mid-driveshaft bolts?

I found that one of the bolts is missing from the middle u-joint on the driveshaft of my 92 s13. These are not hex-head bolts, they are shaped bolts that lock in place to allow you to tighten the nut with only 1 wrench. Anyone know where I can buy these, or a part number? Or a size so that I can replace the missing one with a regular hex bolt.

I did some searching but I'm only finding info for the bolts that connect to the differential.

Thanks!
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
zerog

Trader Rating: (0)
zerog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I removed one of the 3 remaining bolts, this is what it looks like, you can see the head is shaped to hold the bolt in place and prevent it from spinning. I believe the size is M8 x 1.25, longer than 25mm but shorter than 30mm (I used a 30mm for replacement). The nut is 12mm.

This bolt with a flanged head would not fit due to the flange, so I cut part of it off with a Dremel to create a custom shaped bolt, it fit great.

I was not able to find a bolt at the hardware store in this size with threads on only half of the shaft like the original bolt unfortunately. Thinking about just replacing the 2 piece driveshaft with a 1 piece one.
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote