Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #1111
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Good news is the leak was coming from one of the oil lines. All fixed up. Boost leaks located and all set. Warmed it up a few times, etc. So far so good.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #1112
S13VE

Trader Rating: (0)
S13VE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Excellent news.

Good luck next week/week after.
S13VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #1113
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can anybody with an s13 measure the distance from their head to the strut tower on the intake manifold side for me? Fabricator wants to know for plenum clearance and I don’t have an engine in the car quite yet. Would be a huge help!
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #1114
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Can anybody with an s13 measure the distance from their head to the strut tower on the intake manifold side for me? Fabricator wants to know for plenum clearance and I don’t have an engine in the car quite yet. Would be a huge help!
shut up and buy my mazworx manifold
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=668441

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #1115
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
shut up and buy my mazworx manifold
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=668441
slap a tape measure across that bad boy and let me know what you got

TBH I would have just bought a plazmaman manifold if I knew this guy was going to take 8 months to put this manifold together, but Ive already invested the money and need to see it through
Old 08-14-2019, 11:31 AM   #1116
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Same guy who did JP's mani??

PM me on who you went with for your block.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #1117
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Same guy who did JP's mani??

PM me on who you went with for your block.
Yep, Kyle Nardi. Kid does good work, just really hard to actually get him to do the work. Heard that from a lot of people, not just my experience. Doesnt help that hes had a lot of personal struggles throughout the last year or so but thats neither here nor there.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:39 AM   #1118
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
slap a tape measure across that bad boy and let me know what you got

TBH I would have just bought a plazmaman manifold if I knew this guy was going to take 8 months to put this manifold together, but Ive already invested the money and need to see it through
no prob, ill measure it this evening

Quote:
Old 09-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #1119
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

What has everyone done for their catch can/PCV routing? p12 valve cover

Finally have an engine in my car and Im excited to start getting into the little details

Old 09-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #1120
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Run the PCV port and back port to catch can. Keep the block ventilation. Run catch can to either a vacuum source (turbo inlet) or open.

Done.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:12 AM   #1121
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Block ventilation meaning back right hose connection on the block to the back right fitting on valve cover?
Old 09-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #1122
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Yep. The one on the driver's side by the firewall/exhaust/downpipe. Keep that line in place. Vent the rest of the valve cover to whatever you see fit.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #1123
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks! Easy enough. Are most people keeping the stock pcv valve or just replacing with a straight fitting?
Old 09-05-2019, 08:46 AM   #1124
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Replacing with a straight fitting. Keep the PCV if routing to the intake (manifold). The only reason the PCV is there is to not allow boost back into valve cover causing all sorts of issues (like increased crankcase and under valve cover pressure for instance) and to allow only vacuum to work on help pulling the crank case pressure and oil vapor and allow the baffles in the valve cover to take care of it.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #1125
kojiki88
Zilvia Member

kojiki88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Replacing with a straight fitting. Keep the PCV if routing to the intake (manifold). The only reason the PCV is there is to not allow boost back into valve cover causing all sorts of issues (like increased crankcase and under valve cover pressure for instance) and to allow only vacuum to work on help pulling the crank case pressure and oil vapor and allow the baffles in the valve cover to take care of it.
Now that you mentioned straight fitting, what kind of fitting exactly. Tap the valve cover for an AN screw on fitting? I'm wondering if there is another type of fitting that'll work that does not involve removing my valve cover. lol
Old 09-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #1126
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiki88 View Post
Now that you mentioned straight fitting, what kind of fitting exactly. Tap the valve cover for an AN screw on fitting? I'm wondering if there is another type of fitting that'll work that does not involve removing my valve cover. lol
taarks makes a block off fitting. you could always take something like this and drill/tap it for whatever breather line you like, rather than remove your valve cover for welding

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/pcv-...12-r33-r34-r35

Quote:
Old 09-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #1127
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

The Sr20/Sr22vet thread

P12 VC pcv fittings are screw in if I’m not mistaken, but I’m not sure what the threads are. I’ll try to find out if nobody knows offhand. Would make it much much easier to get an adapter rather than welding/pressing/tapping etc.

Edit: I’m only referring to the pcv fitting being screw in. The regular hose end fittings on the right side and rear of the VC are press fit
Old 09-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #1128
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
^ No they aren’t. They use a plastic PCV valve that’s a press fit with a rubber grommet like an s14 / s14 vc.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #1129
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
^ No they aren’t. They use a plastic PCV valve that’s a press fit with a rubber grommet like an s14 / s14 vc.

You’re right. I saw p12 pcv valves with threads after a quick search, not realizing they’re for p12s with the qr20 not the sr.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #1130
PRT73

PRT73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone, your page makes me dream, I am thinking to buy head sr20ve, I currently have a sr20det redtop, with head hs, because of a pusher, the head sr20ve on a sr20det and reliable ? I see video or shims jumps ? because my goal and 550whp for drift , max 8000rpm ( stock springs ?)

thank you for the support!
PRT73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #1131
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT73 View Post
Hello everyone, your page makes me dream, I am thinking to buy head sr20ve, I currently have a sr20det redtop, with head hs, because of a pusher, the head sr20ve on a sr20det and reliable ? I see video or shims jumps ? because my goal and 550whp for drift , max 8000rpm ( stock springs ?)

thank you for the support!
there are a number of people who do have issues with shims spitting out. some people are machining custom valve stem caps to resolve the issue, other people are using shimless valves to solve the issue.

VE head does have many advantages over normal sr20 head, but it is NOT cheap.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #1132
PRT73

Thank you for the answer !!! Interressing as a solution, do you have any links as I look at the machined shims?
Old 09-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #1133
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Thank you for the answer !!! Interressing as a solution, do you have any links as I look at the machined shims?
I don't have any links, one of the local machinists around here is working on producing them, but he's not a large business or anything. I'll try to get some photos if I can.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #1134
PRT73

Thank you because here in France no information I would be the only one
Old 09-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #1135
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Thank you because here in France no information I would be the only one
you may want to contact BS Bildeler, I believe they're in Norway or Sweden? they built a crazy sr20vet a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0

Quote:
Old 09-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #1136
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
I don't have any links, one of the local machinists around here is working on producing them, but he's not a large business or anything. I'll try to get some photos if I can.
I'm running custom valves, the top of the valve stems are machined. the valves are just longer, tips are longer then machined to OE spec clearances. so in term the shims are tossed out.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:35 AM   #1137
PRT73

Quote:
you may want to contact BS Bildeler, I believe they're in Norway or Sweden? they built a crazy sr20vet a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0vuzqEpS0

great , and looking mazworx
Old 09-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #1138
PRT73

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
I'm running custom valves, the top of the valve stems are machined. the valves are just longer, tips are longer then machined to OE spec clearances. so in term the shims are tossed out.
interresed , you have picture ? and the price for the setup ? thanks you
Old 09-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #1139
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
interresed , you have picture ? and the price for the setup ? thanks you
https://www.mazworx.com/store/p/558-...ves-clone.aspx

your machine shop has to do all the measuring and machining to set the proper lash for your head. the big issue is, if you machine too much off, you have to replace the valve, you can't really add length back on to it.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #1140
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

If there's anybody whos been lurking this thread and wanted to start building an sr20vet, all the parts from my old setup are now for sale and Ill make a killer package deal if someone wants to take everything Stout 500whp shortblock that just needs machining and assembly!