Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2007, 02:26 AM   #91
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
nosajton is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ermuel, if you're ever in san diego, let me know, i'd like to check your ride out, and i can show you how to make a ACT XTREME Clutch slip in my KA-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemeermuel View Post
Just got my ECU from jason. This shit pulls...here's my setup...short list nonetheless

-gt2871r .64 a/r (stock wastegate setting at 1bar)
-deatchworks 550cc
-z32 maf
-Walbro 225
-FMIC
-3in downpipe and exhaust

pretty common setup pulls very hard. I have yet to get a dyno yet I'll post a chart to back this guy's work. I had a problem at first with my MAF settings, and he was more than happy to send me a new set of chips. FOR FREE, no charge, no bitching, no BS. His customer service is great as well, replies quickly, and even sent the new set via priority mail.I'll be going through him for my brother's p10 w/pulsar gti-r tune as well. No need to spend the $500...his work is legit.i' I'll get it dyno'd so you guys can see some numbers...
nosajton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2007, 03:51 AM   #92
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Sniff sniff. Still no RB20 tuning helps?
drifts135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #93
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sent my ECU to Emance about 4 weeks ago...

got it back (5days later) and its was DOA!?? very confused, no injector signal from ECU, sent it back to Jason. he tells me a capacitor was leaking all over my board. and was trying to fix it, I mean, stuff happens like this all the time, its no ones fault. but this just feels like its taking forever, still waiting on the ECU and i will up date when i get it back..

... edited

Last edited by Chrischeezer; 05-10-2007 at 04:15 PM..
Chrischeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #94
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Chris, when i receieved your ecu, i noticed there was some corrosion on the bottom of the board. like i mentioned to you in emails this is something that happends to circuit boards that have been exposed to high heat/high humidity or water.

when i tuned your ecu, i hookd it up to my computer to make sure there are no short circuits, it passed.

but when you receieved it, the injector was not firing, so you sent it back, i offered to look at it.

like i said in previous emails, i will try to clean up the corrosion and patch some of the circuits but this is something that happends with circuits, it is not my fault, it just happends.

i dont want you to be out of a car though chris, if the ecu is not repairable, i will tune another ecu for you free of charge. i dont want you to feel like you're screwed.

see picture attached of chris's ecu (note you can even see how the corrosion is eating the screw):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrischeezer View Post
sent my ECU to Emance about 4 weeks ago...

got it back (5days later) and its was DOA!?? very confused, no injector signal from ECU, sent it back to Jason. he tells me a capacitor was leaking all over my board. and was trying to fix it, I mean even enthalpy has messed up ECU's but this just feels like its taking forever, still waiting on the ECU and i will up date when i get it back..
Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #95
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Rockogtr
hey jason i got my chip today but there was no directions on how to install it can i get them emailed to me ???pics would help to
Rockogtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #96
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland180 View Post
USA Gasoline (soon as Conserv Fuel)
11699 San Vicente Blvd.
Los Angeles , CA 90049

Opening June 21,2007.
That is great... So If I need some between now and then I'll just have to drive down to San Diego...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #97
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
sorry i didnt mean to make it sound like YOU messed my ECU up, i do understand this stuff happens its just weird that it worked before i sent it out, i just hope everything works out.. thanx Jason.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #98
Afliction523

Afliction523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats intersting.....
Afliction523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #99
Afliction523

Afliction523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemeermuel View Post
Just got my ECU from jason. This shit pulls...here's my setup...short list nonetheless

-gt2871r .64 a/r (stock wastegate setting at 1bar)
-deatchworks 550cc
-z32 maf
-Walbro 225
-FMIC
-3in downpipe and exhaust

pretty common setup pulls very hard. I have yet to get a dyno yet I'll post a chart to back this guy's work. I had a problem at first with my MAF settings, and he was more than happy to send me a new set of chips. FOR FREE, no charge, no bitching, no BS. His customer service is great as well, replies quickly, and even sent the new set via priority mail.I'll be going through him for my brother's p10 w/pulsar gti-r tune as well. No need to spend the $500...his work is legit.i' I'll get it dyno'd so you guys can see some numbers...
I thought I had a maf problem too. It was just my maf was to close. Keep the z32 maf at least 8-12 inches away. Good Luck with the car
Afliction523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #100
Josh K.
Leaky Injector

Josh K. is an unknown quantity at this point
I woud be scared to run that ecu even if it did work
Josh K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #101
Inland180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Inland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inland180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockogtr View Post
hey jason i got my chip today but there was no directions on how to install it can i get them emailed to me ???pics would help to
didnt he tell you to take it to your local electronics repair shop and they would do it for you? Thats the best thing to do before you mess something up yourself.

Feedback LINK
Inland180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #102
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
That is great... So If I need some between now and then I'll just have to drive down to San Diego...
give me a buzz if you do, i live 5 mins from that station
Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #103
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockogtr View Post
sent you a pm, check your messages
Old 05-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #104
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have s13 redtop sr, z32afm, gt28r, 555cc injectors, 3in exhaust, FMIC, megan fpr and safc.

Installing the board was like any other daughterboard install, header and cj2 jumper.
First startup, safc 2in 6out, starts right up idles @ 1500rpm, then gradually goes down to 900 rpm... (startup enrichment 13.3) airflow was still .9 then @ 850~rpm airflow was .6 smooth idle. Noway 14.7 @ operating temps. stays there for 5 mins, thought wideband had frozen. revving engine changes afr , ok... cool.
Zero out the SAFC, even decel.
Go for a spin, nothing really just watching gauges seems. ok till dyno time.
I'd like to do a gas milage comparison, then some hotlaps. I also want to see what the maps are doing via consult, time will tell.

P.S. I have not removed the SAFC yet. Also I'm tuned for 91 but run 93.
When I get on the dyno, obviously going to need to make changes, I just dont want to loose any power or torque.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #105
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Let me know how things go, you should be able to easily run 1.4 bar with that tune. you should notice some real power gains.

let me know how things work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
I have s13 redtop sr, z32afm, gt28r, 555cc injectors, 3in exhaust, FMIC, megan fpr and safc.

Installing the board was like any other daughterboard install, header and cj2 jumper.
First startup, safc 2in 6out, starts right up idles @ 1500rpm, then gradually goes down to 900 rpm... (startup enrichment 13.3) airflow was still .9 then @ 850~rpm airflow was .6 smooth idle. Noway 14.7 @ operating temps. stays there for 5 mins, thought wideband had frozen. revving engine changes afr , ok... cool.
Zero out the SAFC, even decel.
Go for a spin, nothing really just watching gauges seems. ok till dyno time.
I'd like to do a gas milage comparison, then some hotlaps. I also want to see what the maps are doing via consult, time will tell.

P.S. I have not removed the SAFC yet. Also I'm tuned for 91 but run 93.
When I get on the dyno, obviously going to need to make changes, I just dont want to loose any power or torque.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #106
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
hey jason i sent you a pm
Old 05-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #107
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
2. Yes our tunes have been tested on dyno and or wideband. we also have knock lights installed on cars we tune to make our base tunes.
the stock knock sensor is useless.

anyone using it as a base for saftey or tune is not a tuner I would trust.

please clarify what you mean by this.

Do you have access to a personal/company dynometer? or outsource?

Why not tune every car on the dynometer one by one? The power possibilties would be much higher and tune much better especially for midigating tuning effects of Cali gas and other influences.

just curious
Old 05-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #108
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

all our base maps are dynotuned.

for fine tuning we use turboxs knock lites (google it) and the bosch knock sensor turboxs recommends. it works beautifully it is so powerful it even detects mild knock. i advance/retard timing so there is not even mild knock (naked ear cant hear it)

we could dyno tune cars one by one if you live local to san diego and are willing to pay. but for most people, or base tune will make you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
the stock knock sensor is useless.

anyone using it as a base for saftey or tune is not a tuner I would trust.

please clarify what you mean by this.

Do you have access to a personal/company dynometer? or outsource?

Why not tune every car on the dynometer one by one? The power possibilties would be much higher and tune much better especially for midigating tuning effects of Cali gas and other influences.

just curious
Old 05-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #109
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
yeah using a light to tune for knock is not my fortay but i suppose it could work in a pinch.

If i could data log the input from the sensor the knock lite unit uses then i might pick one up in the near future.

im fine (tune my own goodies and others ems') but im sure there are people who arent willing to go standalone and could use your services.

there is quite a meaningless monopoly on tuning in cali regarding stuff like this the more smaller people start up the easier it makes it for me to get some legitimacy as well, at least in the short term.

cheers
Old 05-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #110
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

well i got my chip in this week and are getting my injectors monday so by next week i should have some dyno #'s to see how jasons tune dose
Old 05-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #111
KawBoy
Zilvia Member

KawBoy is making a name for him/her selfKawBoy is making a name for him/her self
So do you order the chip or a whole ecu?

And how do you order?
KawBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #112
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajton View Post
AMS on ka-t did a study on this, they have had rubber parts and aluminum parts submerged in e85 for over a year and they look just like they did on day 1
that is an irrelevent test. if the parts have been submerged then they have not seen oxygen. for something to corrode or oxidize it needs the presense of oxygen. so yes, eventually e85 will eat your fuel system.
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #113
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrischeezer View Post
sorry i didnt mean to make it sound like YOU messed my ECU up, i do understand this stuff happens its just weird that it worked before i sent it out, i just hope everything works out.. thanx Jason.
corrosion is funny like that. it will work great untill its disturbed and bang, it wont work after. thats pretty common for electronic stuff.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #114
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

just sent in my New ECU.. cant WAit to get it back... i will update
Old 05-27-2007, 12:08 AM   #115
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitsfreak81 View Post
that is an irrelevent test. if the parts have been submerged then they have not seen oxygen. for something to corrode or oxidize it needs the presense of oxygen. so yes, eventually e85 will eat your fuel system.
i have heard mixed stories about this. my buddy has a flex fuel ford truck and they use rubber fuel lines and seems like steel hard lines.

so i dont understand if it would corrode and eat the lines why they would install them at the factory.

but to be ultra safe i ordered a methanol fuel kit. it comes with 6an teflon coated stainless steel fuel lines with all nitrile o-rings (methanol safe)
Old 05-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #116
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Factory fuel lines are Aluminum which Alcohol loves to eat. Most 'rubber' fuel line these days is synthetic and Alcohol has less of a drying effect.

Just cause the parts are in one piece does not mean there is not surface oxidation and corrosion going on. I'm sure there is some residue at the bottom of the buckets.

May work now but you will have FPR or injector failure in the future as deposits build up in the injectors.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #117
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajton View Post
i have heard mixed stories about this. my buddy has a flex fuel ford truck and they use rubber fuel lines and seems like steel hard lines.

so i dont understand if it would corrode and eat the lines why they would install them at the factory.

but to be ultra safe i ordered a methanol fuel kit. it comes with 6an teflon coated stainless steel fuel lines with all nitrile o-rings (methanol safe)
good choice. im pretty sure that the new flex fuel vehicles are running teflon lines as well. although i have not had a chance to verify this for my self. im goin e85 as soon as we get a pump up here in BFE. im sold after hearing the power you are making.

mike
Old 06-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #118
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Factory fuel lines are Aluminum which Alcohol loves to eat. Most 'rubber' fuel line these days is synthetic and Alcohol has less of a drying effect.

Just cause the parts are in one piece does not mean there is not surface oxidation and corrosion going on. I'm sure there is some residue at the bottom of the buckets.

May work now but you will have FPR or injector failure in the future as deposits build up in the injectors.
this is also a very good point. well done. should help to run a fuel system cleaner every 6000 miles or so too.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #119
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

off topic, but i just had an advertiser banner on this page take me directly to an ebay store. WTF?????

mike
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #120
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

so i got my car was all set to get dyno'd today but my ecu was a lil messed up ...so i couldnt get any #'s yet , it was real rough on the start up then idle down a lil bit but kept bucking, it was real rich and the e manage couldnt comunicate with the ecu we took 50 % w/ no change ,i ve emailed jason and am trying to solve the problem but no luck yet..ill keep everyone updated to see how the tune works