Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
sumoboi7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help!!! dont know whats going on.

hey all. just installed a boost guage in my redtop sr20det and now it sounds like my stock bov is opening up at around 6 or 7 psi. before i did the boost guage the bov was tee'd to the intake before the turbo and then near the throttle body it went to 2 nipples so it was tee'd. all i did was add another tee to the boost guage and now it seeems to open up during boost. btw the stock bov is not recirculated. did i tee the guage off the wrong line? i was told that i could tee it off of any vacuum line from the throttle body. im not quite sure why the bov is opening up and causeing a power loss. it still accelerates quickly but it feels slower then before. any help qould be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
Tee from the FPR Boost should be read from Manifold pressure DO NOT TEE IT FROM THE 2 NIPPLES BELOW THE THROTTLE BODY !
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
sumoboi7
Zilvia Member

sumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to allsumoboi7 is a name known to all
ok. i will fix it. y shouldnt i do that?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
because the two nipples below the throttle body does not go to the manifold and reading boost from the manifold is the most accurate because thats how much air you engine is actually getting
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
sumoboi7
Zilvia Member

ok so i looked at it and my bov is tee'd to the fpr and another nipple above the throttle body. thats the wun i tee'd it off and it started acting weird. i removed the tee and put on a new one and it worked fine. i think the tee i got was faulty. it probably had a leak.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
crzycav86
Leaky Injector

crzycav86 is on a distinguished road
jesus christ did you really mis-spell ONE?
crzycav86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
sumoboi7
Zilvia Member

if u dont have anything productive to add then stfu