Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Affinity865

Trader Rating: (0)
Affinity865 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'91 S13 KA24de getting 10mpg

Hey guys, my daily 1991 S13 KA24de is running super rich and is only getting about 10mpg with a "leaky fuel injectors" code. I bought it this way not knowing how hard it would be to figure out the problem so I suppose that's my mistake. So far I have replaced the injectors with Deatschwerks injectors. I've replaced the stock Fuel Pressure Regulator with an adjustable Aeromotive FPR. I also replaced the wiring harness since that was super jacked up and was throwing me a knock sensor code. After all these changes I still have the check engine light, i still have the leaky injectors code, and I still have about 10 mpg. I noticed that the ECU is not the one the car came with since theres writing on it. Should i try replacing that?

I've run out of things to try so I was hoping somebody on here could give me some suggestions. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.
Affinity865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
jdmnissanfan

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmnissanfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are their any sounds coming from the engine?
jdmnissanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You might need to find out more about the 'tune' on the car is it is indeed tuned.

Might need to check the o-rings on the injectors as well.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #4
that1guywithans13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
that1guywithans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
o2 sensorrrr. Could be clogged and sending msg to the ecu not reading enough exhaust gas es so it tells ecu to throw in more gas. Ka's are funny I've had 2 of them that when the o2 sensor is completely removed still will Not throw a code and run very richh
Old 03-16-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
mando240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mando240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity865 View Post
Hey guys, my daily 1991 S13 KA24de is running super rich and is only getting about 10mpg with a "leaky fuel injectors" code. I bought it this way not knowing how hard it would be to figure out the problem so I suppose that's my mistake. So far I have replaced the injectors with Deatschwerks injectors. I've replaced the stock Fuel Pressure Regulator with an adjustable Aeromotive FPR. I also replaced the wiring harness since that was super jacked up and was throwing me a knock sensor code. After all these changes I still have the check engine light, i still have the leaky injectors code, and I still have about 10 mpg. I noticed that the ECU is not the one the car came with since theres writing on it. Should i try replacing that?

I've run out of things to try so I was hoping somebody on here could give me some suggestions. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.
What size injectors did you replace them with? Does the car idle fine? Did you reset the ecu and did another diagnostics test? Have you checked MAF, is it a stock maf? What is the fuel pressure at the regulator? Take out the sparkplugs and look at its condition, I would replace them.

instagram.com/NissansFinest
mando240 is offline   Reply With Quote