Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AEM v2 ECU wont connect unless benched off the car??

Whats up guys have an usual issue. Picked up a V2 from my buddy was working fine on his car and when I went to do a basemap and get into AEM tuner. I had nonstop issues trying to get my laptop connect. Checked everything from comport settings to usb, different windows OS, etc and nothing.

Went and probed and checked my harness and nothing. Then I benched the ecu off the car, gave it power and would connect instantly through comport or USB..... Next thing I did was put it on the car and started disconnecting my sensors. It was until I disconnected my maf and dizzy which share a B/W power wire coming from the chassis did the ecu finally connect on the car. Soon as I plug both in the ecu instantly disconnects. Wiring harness is fairly new wiring specialties harness. My engine is a KA24de boost, made 467whp on stock ecu e85 after I couldnt get my aem to work on my dyno day.

Any ideas? Possibly its something internally wrong with my ecu and friend hurt the ecu before selling it to me? I assumed it was noise somewhere in my harness and sold it to another guy, he had similar issues, refunded him and now have the ecu back. Is there anything I should do besides sending it in to get checked out? Way back I spoke to a rep and they said if I can bench the ecu then it should be fine but then I emailed someone from tech recently and they said to send it in to diagnosis if its working or not then charge again for whatever needs to be fixed.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When you click connect, does it show the box that says "connecting" (or whatever, its been a while..)

Mine won't connect until I cycle the the key to off, and back on. I think its a safety feature.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
When you click connect, does it show the box that says "connecting" (or whatever, its been a while..)

Mine won't connect until I cycle the the key to off, and back on. I think its a safety feature.
I cant remember exactly but I do remember trying the key cycle click a million times when I was looking through forums. AEM forum is useless for help, even facebook groups. Then when I contacted AEM i've got two different answers. One was if I can bench it off the car then ecu is fine and recently they said I need to send it in.

I got the ecu fairly cheap but id rather not pay 100 plus shipping for them to tell me its fine and be at square 1 trying to figure out something in my harness is the issue.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #4
Jfornachon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Jfornachon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It sounds like something is shorted int he ecu! It would be cheep insurance to make sure that you have a factory perfect ecu going in. If they find more wrong or have an update they can take care of it at that time and you can kill 2 birds with one stone. On the other hand if they guy sold you a bad ecu that's fucked and would be talking to him about it.
Jfornachon is offline   Reply With Quote