Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #3301
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post

Just to clarify, our original MAX super angle knuckle mod has the adjustable settings. (this is the parts kit we sell if you want to mod yourself) $250

The MAX Pro knuckle (servive to your knuckle $400) is fixed after much testing from myself, Ross Petty, and Matt Field. This is the most aggressive knuckle available today with up to 62 degrees of angle and the lowest usefull ackerman ratio, 8.5 degrees difference at lock.
45mm roll center correction, OEM bump steer, quick steering.

BOSO S15 is running Parts Shop MAX pro knuckles which is why our logo has been on their side skirt in recent FD events, check out the you tube videos on the car testing and Ross Petty interview.
How much does the pbm pro knuckle drop the car ? If it does or not, driftworks drops the car 50mm I believe . Any info would be great
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #3302
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it doesnt drop the car ... it drop your pick up point for flca and tie-rod !!! (you will stay at the same heigth the stock)

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #3303
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill. View Post
These arrived!

Quality is good. Soo beefy.
Looks like Parts Shop MAX New Zealand for their new pro multilink shipment in ahead of the USA. Oceana just got a touch of undercarriage bling. Thanks for the feedback. I reposted your blog on Facebook.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #3304
prego

Trader Rating: (0)
prego is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have the driftworks knuckles and i kind of wish i had went with psm i havent even driven the car yet, but the fitment is so atrocious every hole needs to be sanded, the stubs needed to be sanded, the face mounting to my shock needed to be sanded, i have a bbk and i needed to shave my caliper abit to avoid hitting my 2 piece rotors because the caliper mounts are slightly closer to the stub, i wanted to retain abs so i needed to drill a hole for the sensor and ended up using heavy duty automotive sika-flex to hold it in place, for a part i payed alot of money for it really isnt up to scratch, atleast with psm you know everything is going to fit back in without hassle, just for me they were too far away for it to be worth it
prego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #3305
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Looks like Parts Shop MAX New Zealand for their new pro multilink shipment in ahead of the USA. Oceana just got a touch of undercarriage bling. Thanks for the feedback. I reposted your blog on Facebook.
Hahaha. That's sweet man. Super happy.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #3306
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Matt power is using driftwork knuckles right?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #3307
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
^Yup driftworks front and rear knuckles , kw Clubsport coilovers (i'm not sure)

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #3308
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
They're pretty much clubsports, just different shock bodies.^^
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #3309
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
[/QUOTE]

Yep I saw your new version and decided yes! How come your new version isn't on your website though? On your website its the old version listing only 25mm for roll center correction.
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #3310
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Tell me about it, admittedly updates to our virtual world have been struggling because we have been so busy making new stuff in the real world = )

People have been calling us about the PRO knuckle and just checking out directly through PayPal after the phone quote.

Basically $400 for the knuckle mod, $500 for the knuckle and LCA mod. +sh

I'll pick up the slack
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #3311
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
They're pretty much clubsports, just different shock bodies.^^

diff bodies to go lower ???

does anybody know : are the clubsport height ajustable by the bodie or only by the spring perch , im talking about the front one ... i know the rear are only adjustable by the spring perch

im waiting on rear shock bodies for my PSM coilovers right now Dan ship some to me ... if its not enought to raise the car like i want

ill be looking into clubsports coilover but i have PSM front knuckle and DW rear knuckles .... i dont want to have the back of the car 3 inch lower cause of my DW(drop spindle) and not bein able to adjust the front to go as low !!!

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #3312
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
KW doesn't make a double height adjustable coilover. You'd have to get them to make you custom housings with your length specs.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #3313
slideways90
Leaky Injector

slideways90 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have clubsports and drift works front and rear. im on 17s and my car is stupid low for a track car. the driftworks stuff drops alot
slideways90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #3314
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Call me a newb, but I'm confused as to if the DW knuckles outperoform my ChinaChamg FLCA, with new bearing and RC correction added. For the Extra 300 dollars for DW or PSM knuckles, I want to really know if it's better than what I made myself.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #3315
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
For people on a budget and just using their car as a street car, then yes.

The increase in ackerman you just put into your steering isn't good for anything really.

PSM and DW guys get 45mm correction. Yours looks like... 20mm? Plus they give a nice bump in steering speed.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #3316
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
KW doesn't make a double height adjustable coilover. You'd have to get them to make you custom housings with your length specs.
Thanks , thats What i thought

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #3317
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Call me a newb, but I'm confused as to if the DW knuckles outperoform my ChinaChamg FLCA, with new bearing and RC correction added. For the Extra 300 dollars for DW or PSM knuckles, I want to really know if it's better than what I made myself.
duuuuude, you don't have that sick angle that let your front wheels point backwards!!!
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #3318
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Cody, its all about getting the roll center and ackermen correct, and the advantage to drifters is steering quickness, angle, and drastically reduced ackerman
That's why the knuckle mod is worth the money
this shows what's going wrong with your setup! No one wants more ackerman

Mano, sounds like sarcasm, we do offer a roll center knuckle mod with stock angle and turn in speed if you dont care for drifting
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #3319
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I'll call you a noob for the upside down caliper... Kinda hard to get the last bit of air out of the system that way...
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #3320
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I'm pretty sure it has bleeders on both top and bottom.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #3321
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I'm pretty sure it has bleeders on both top and bottom.
this, thought the same
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #3322
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo View Post
I'll call you a noob for the upside down caliper... Kinda hard to get the last bit of air out of the system that way...

Forged Superlite Internals don't have a crossover tube, so they have 4 bleeders.

So I'll call you a noob for your general dbagness and lack of knowledge of the most awesome brake setup ever for an S chassis.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #3323
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Quote:
Mano, sounds like sarcasm, we do offer a roll center knuckle mod with stock angle and turn in speed if you dont care for drifting
sarcasm indeed
I appreciate drifting but don't care for culture and nutswigging that goes with it
I like your company though and agree the knuckle mod sans angle is indeed worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
So I'll call you a noob for your general dbagness and lack of knowledge of the most awesome brake setup ever for an S chassis.
I think you may be a tad, just a tad, biased there.
I keep bugging Mike to quite lagging and install his set
Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #3324
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
sarcasm indeed
I appreciate drifting but don't care for culture and nutswigging that goes with it
I like your company though and agree the knuckle mod sans angle is indeed worth it

I think you may be a tad, just a tad, biased there.
I keep bugging Mike to quite lagging and install his set
And while your add it, get make me a set, so I may run those brakes
Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #3325
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
Does anyone know how much has the rear subframe's lower control arm's front pickup point been lowered on S14 compared to S13?
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #3326
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motary View Post
Does anyone know how much has the rear subframe's lower control arm's front pickup point been lowered on S14 compared to S13?
Approx. an inch and a half.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #3327
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
And while your add it, get make me a set, so I may run those brakes
Hit up Def or look in the Group Buy section of NRR
there's a group buy for them going on right now
and little birdie says parts will be ready to ship very soon
Old 11-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #3328
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Tell me about it, admittedly updates to our virtual world have been struggling because we have been so busy making new stuff in the real world = )

People have been calling us about the PRO knuckle and just checking out directly through PayPal after the phone quote.

Basically $400 for the knuckle mod, $500 for the knuckle and LCA mod. +sh

I'll pick up the slack
i've been wondering for awhile now if your knuckle mod will work on my SPL LCA.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #3329
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Hit up Def or look in the Group Buy section of NRR
there's a group buy for them going on right now
and little birdie says parts will be ready to ship very soon
But I was hoping I can just go to your shop
Old 11-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #3330
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
But I was hoping I can just go to your shop
You can possibly pick up from their shop, but it's still my design that I have Mike and Juan do the machining for some parts.