Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Megan Racing bottom mount Exhaust Manifold Nissan SR20DET

I was wondering if anyone is running this very inexpensive manifold and how it is holding up, or if anyone has used this in the past and ran into any problems? Also what are the other alternatives in the under $300 range for a bottom mount t28 manifold?

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
pwr-adr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MR for the price, can't be beat. I havn't used the manifold myself but I know others that have and MR turbo outlets, and no problems whatsoever. The finish (color) will distort and change a bit but that is normal. Never heard of any cracks, leaks, warping happening. I plan on ordering one myself when I get my 2871r.
pwr-adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
had mine for like 3 years now. it's fine. if it cracks it cracks. fix it. even high priced manifolds can crack. the choice is up to you.
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:15 AM   #4
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There is one on my SR, discoloration happened pretty quickly (lost its color, more of a grey, slightly purple) but it is holding up well. If it does end up cracking I will probably upgrade. The best bet to keep that from happening is flex (woven) pipe in your down pipe for vibration and bumps which I havent done yet...
sonomadrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomadrifter View Post
There is one on my SR, discoloration happened pretty quickly (lost its color, more of a grey, slightly purple) but it is holding up well. If it does end up cracking I will probably upgrade. The best bet to keep that from happening is flex (woven) pipe in your down pipe for vibration and bumps which I havent done yet...
Hey guys the discoloration of stainless steel is an easy fix. Simply wet sand it starting with like 1200grit. Or start lower if needed. Go all the way up to like 1500 grit and then use a polishiing compound. Works like a charm. Its just the metal going through heat cycles. Headers on all motor honda's do this all the time so we constantly had to sand/polish them for shows.
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #6
jsasrsr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jsasrsr
mines holding up pretty well, although theres a lot of surface rust which is making it look horrible. but as far as strength, theres no cracks yet! if this were to break, i would just buy another since there soo inexpensive.
jsasrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Hey guys the discoloration of stainless steel is an easy fix. Simply wet sand it starting with like 1200grit. Or start lower if needed. Go all the way up to like 1500 grit and then use a polishiing compound. Works like a charm. Its just the metal going through heat cycles. Headers on all motor honda's do this all the time so we constantly had to sand/polish them for shows.
Thanks for the tip. Personally I'm not too worried about it though, it doesnt look bad and I like to keep everything under the hood low key. Good to know.
sonomadrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Everybody who's had one will tell you that it lasted longer than people expected.
I had one myself...one way to ensure it wont crack, get better engine mounts to keep the engine from torquing sideways and like already stated, a flex pipe on the DP.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote