Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #91
silvias15ricer

Trader Rating: (0)
silvias15ricer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this car is going to be amazing. very nice build.
silvias15ricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #92
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Build is lookin great man! Quality parts.

And that teg is minty fucking fresh!! I can always appreciate clean, well done Honda.
NismoTuner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #93
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost infested View Post
Looking very good so far, I have a question for you.

With Sikky's oil pan how low does the front of the oil pan hang? pass the cross member? Any chance that you can take a picture?

thanks in advance.
I can get you a photo but the pan sits just a hair above the crossmember so its the first thing to hit if you bottom out will the the crossmember not the pan.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #94
600SX

600SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build... Subscribed. I too am very happy with all the Sikky parts, they fit great.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #95
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
So your in modified building the 240. Then your allso the one in modified with the k swapped gsr? And you also have the evo?

Sorry for the questions but either way great build. We will keep our eyes on this
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #96
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sexy sexy build bro... nice job
Old 06-22-2011, 11:45 PM   #97
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the great comments guys. Im pretty much at a bit of a stand still with the car until the motor and trans arrive. Then I should have the engine swapped and running in a matter of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
So your in modified building the 240. Then your allso the one in modified with the k swapped gsr? And you also have the evo?

Sorry for the questions but either way great build. We will keep our eyes on this
Yes, you can read about this build in much better detail in Modified Mag. Same goes for my Integra and my Evo X.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #98
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Well I havent done much lately to the car. Build is practically at a stand still while I wait for my transmission and engine

I decided to use the '10 Camaro K&N intake and after some cutting made it work.

As it sits out of the box the intake is too long and will hit the rad support.

Went out and bought a Spectre 90deg silicone 4-inch coupler that help reduce the angle quite a bit.

Then I cut most of the bend off the intake.

Voila! Fits like a charm.

I also installed my Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud.

I ordered some Mishi GTO rad hoses and suprisingly enough the top hose fit with a little bit of trimming.

I also cut the lower GTO rad hose up and with an adapter was able to make a hose that fits spot on.

With nothing else to do, I fitted the rest of my JDM aero.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #99
s13silvia_R
Zilvia Member

s13silvia_R is making a name for him/her selfs13silvia_R is making a name for him/her self
Damn Peter, this LS3 s13 of yours is coming along nicely.
s13silvia_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #100
Evolutionz
Leaky Injector

Evolutionz is an unknown quantity at this point
this is an amazing build.

Im working on getting my 350 sbc into my s13.5/ Im in florida so we dont have to use stock exhaust mannys. the impala style go perfect. Im still having tons of issues with gauges and stuff. but its a super minimal harness etc. I think im going to shoot myself with this painless wiring switch panel hookup.

anyways, Nice build!
Evolutionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #101
JMJS13
Leaky Injector

JMJS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build.
While you wait for your motor and tranny, go ahead and remove the helper springs in the front and rear of the KWs because they won't go low if you don't.
GL and will be looking forward to any updates.
JMJS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #102
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJS13 View Post
While you wait for your motor and tranny, go ahead and remove the helper springs in the front and rear of the KWs because they won't go low if you don't.

please don't.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #103
thursdaymike
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
thursdaymike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just bought a l99 longblock to go into my s13. This thread will prove to be pretty useful for me. The fact you already experimented with headers will probably save me some time. Great thread!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #104
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by

Thats about as much room as I have to work with. I [I
think[/I] I can fit a flange and a 2.25' pipe in there but I ran out of time to find out today.
Do you think that you can fit the E-Rod's stock cat (like in the pic below) in there? It looks really tight, but if you could, that would seem like the biggest hurdle to get CA CARB approval. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as I really want to have a CARB approved set up in my S13.

ls3 erod by gnakata2007, on Flickr
Old 07-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #105
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome as always Peter! I hope your engine shows up soon. This car is going to seem like the lovechild of Toby and I's cars when it is done! lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #106
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbozx View Post
Do you think that you can fit the E-Rod's stock cat (like in the pic below) in there? It looks really tight, but if you could, that would seem like the biggest hurdle to get CA CARB approval. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as I really want to have a CARB approved set up in my S13.

ls3 erod by gnakata2007, on Flickr
Sadly no. There is no way to fit the cats in the setup that comes with the E-rod engine. The only hope is to fab up a custom exhaust system that keeps those cats as close to the original OEM position as possible. At that point its going to come down to the inspector and whether he feels its a proper setup that can pass CARB.

The more I look at it the more I doubt it can be a passable setup. However, its luck of the draw in my opinion so I may get lucky and pass while others may not with a similar setup.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #107
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Pete why don't you take that plastic p.o.s and replace it with a proper and a bit longer intake pipe

other than that - how long do you think will these multilink pieces last on a regular roads when daily driving?

oh, and please don't make it worse than your previous 240 - raise the standards a bit

Cheers
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #108
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
Pete why don't you take that plastic p.o.s and replace it with a proper and a bit longer intake pipe

other than that - how long do you think will these multilink pieces last on a regular roads when daily driving?

oh, and please don't make it worse than your previous 240 - raise the standards a bit

Cheers
I didnt know plastic intakes were POS, must be that damn plastic slowing down the air flow!!
How much farther do you want me to move it? Like 3-4inches? I can see a cold air making a difference but extending that intake aint gonna do shit. And the K&N has a CARB sticker, which helps in Cali.

As for the multilinks, Im not sure how long they'll last? Are you suggesting I should have gotten a better set?

I'd also love to hear your critiques of my old car to ensure that I build this one to 'better' spec. While you're at it can you post your car so I can ensure mine will be up your standards.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #109
kornmanz
Leaky Injector

kornmanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick build man keep it up. Shits legit.

Last edited by kornmanz; 07-11-2011 at 11:19 PM..
kornmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #110
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Oh no, nothing wrong with plastic just the one that you put there is a p.o.s in my opinion and yes you should move it 3-4 inches and maybe fabricate heat shield for the filter.
I didn't know that you guys can't use clean/plain straight plastic pipes for the intakes and if the sticker make a difference then put the damn sticker on the new pipe.

For the daily driven car multilinks I'll rather expect from you some kind of hybrid - plyurethane/greasable bushings on adjustble arms - solution from you.

As for your old s14, I'm rather complementing it as it was really nice build car. I saw it on the Bing's meet in Niagara Falls and remember your articles about it in Modified. I also believe that Sasha from SG Motorsports in Toronto was a big part in leading you in the right directions with that project (I see lots of awesome cars coming out of that shop).
When I heard about your new 240sx project I got excited and I'm sure you could agree with me that this one should top the previous one.

You are god damn car mag editor and have much better resources than 99% of guys on these forums. Best shops are happy to jump-in and help you with this project for their own benefits I would believe.
That's why I want more, I want best daily 240sx from you not just another s13 with random bolt-ons.

I'm not hating just hoping that this build end up being better than what I lately see here.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #111
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Haha, we can debate on the intake all we want. Simply put, its an intake and works. If I had more time I would build a heat shield but Im busy enough already, let alone meeting deadlines and trying to put together this car.

I didn't even know they made adjustable multilinks that were polyurethane.

And yes Im a magazine editor with tons of resources BUT I dont have my cars built by anyone else, I build them myself. Aside from the paint, everything you see in these photos has been done by me, which means that with my time schedule and life, I dont have the luxury to spend weeks shaving an engine bay or fabricating my own intake, etc. Unfortunately I have deadlines to meet and this car happens to be on an editorial schedule that makes it difficult to do anything ground breaking...sorry to disappoint.

Anyways, I hope this gives you a small glimpse into why this car is built the way it is.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #112
stoneysideways

stoneysideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Subscribed!!!. I really hope you are successful in getting this to pass CARB. I want to do a simular build one day.
stoneysideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #113
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstl_pete View Post
The more I look at it the more I doubt it can be a passable setup. However, its luck of the draw in my opinion so I may get lucky and pass while others may not with a similar setup.
Crap. I keep looking at this picture below:

and this picture of my engine bay before I dropped the SR in it

DSCN1538 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

and keep scratching my head trying to figure out how to make it work. But like you said, we'll probably have to fab something up. I'll at least try to do it super clean and try to make it look OEM. I might have to find some used GM cat assemblies and use the piping to bend and weld something to E-Rod cats to make it look OEM like.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #114
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
That's why I want more, I want best daily 240sx from you not just another s13 with random bolt-ons.
What else exactly were you hoping for? A goddamn 50 cal mounted to the top? Jesus.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #115
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

I had my T56 fully rebuilt by RPM Transmissions out of Anderson, IN and they just sent me some pictures of the the work they did and what it looks like.

I must say that Im super happy with the outcome and I havent even received the trans yet. It looks brand spanking new! And judging by all the photos they sent me, the right care and time was put into the rebuild. I dealt with Jeremy there and he was quick to answer all my questions and kept me updated as to how the progress was moving along. Just based on their customer service I highly recommend them.

Here's the trans in pieces, torn apart and ready for re-assembly.

Coming together...

Damn it looks so pretty! Im not sure I want to install it haha.

Im also using a Quicktime bellhousing instead of the stock one which I hope will have better clearance through the tunnel. Ill report back when its installed.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #116
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Wow, that looks awesome Pete!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #117
taran!
Leaky Injector

taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that looks amazing! I would just put that in a showcase and keep it in my room! its soooo clean, looks great!

Any word on when the motor is coming? Or how soon it will be in?

Last edited by taran!; 07-30-2011 at 03:25 PM..
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #118
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
curious how much the trans rebuild cost you?
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #119
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
This is amazing. if you get this CARB/smog approved, im definitely going to do something similar. Goodluck!!
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #120
Promise Land
Zilvia Member

Promise Land is an unknown quantity at this point
Peter,

I am looking for a new carpet. You said "got mine from stockinteriors.com but probably wouldn't go this route again." What would you have done if you knew the ordeal with their carpet ahead of time?
Promise Land is offline   Reply With Quote