Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #121
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
Sp1's are boss... 5mm spacers would have been easy.

but i can see it was about the love for TE's
^it's more about the diameter of the barrel than the spokes. The 3pcs step lip design has limited the inner diameter. I really like the SP1..

Bought some goodie today:

Bride Stardia for the passenger

Finally have a somewhat matching seat with the vio III sport.

I know they are not FIA approved...I am a ricer....

Things I need to finish up this weekend. I hopefully have some progress pic soon.

- Change Front wheels bearing
- Put the whole front suspension components back
- Get new front sway bar links
- install front and rear sway bars
- install BBK + custom lines
C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #122
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-unit View Post
Thanks for the comment/opinion as I love constructive criticism.

And yes..you are not the first guy who said I am an idiot..lol but here is my inspiration:

oh and trust me...I didn't spend as much as you guy's thought I did...
For the people wondering he has vacouver( very expensive city to live in meaning it is one of the most taxed) along with Tokyo(also very expensive) and Hong Kong ( they make shit for cheap)

Quote:
^it's more about the diameter of the barrel than the spokes. The 3pcs step lip design has limited the inner diameter. I really like the SP1..

Bought some goodie today:

Bride Stardia for the passenger

Finally have a somewhat matching seat with the vio III sport.

I know they are not FIA approved...I am a ricer....
I really like the adjustable seat.

I saw your car at OZ this past June, was hoping to meet up with you but you were not there, and your cars breaks were fucking amazing. Like seeing a picture of empire state building and thinking its big, but then going there in person and walking up to it and being dwarfed by its size. Shit was rediculous. Like when you brake you might go back in time, or if your tires permit stop the earth.
No joke jaw droppin. I really like that white r32 you have pictured.

Good stuff and keep it up. Its your car, if you wanted to make the shit a 500 hp fwd car more power to you, I would just think your lames. But its yours, thanks for sharing, and I really hope people keep their opinions and debates to pms, not shit all over your thread with irrelevant shit.

Get over it. Its a vq in an r32 rwd gtr, no its not awd any more, and no its not a v8.

Maybe Ill see you in late Feb when I go up there again.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #123
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
as ppl can see...my house is very ghetto..look at the fan..lol

We'll definitely meet up if you decided to visit in feb, car "should" be done by then..
Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #124
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

BBk cleareance

I did more work today..will update you guys once I have time.

FUCK MY BRAIN EXPLODED 380MM!?!?!?!
i thought my shit was gangster:::
pansy 355 in a 17inch tho

anyway, awesome build!! what does the r32 weigh in at?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #125
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
looks good let me know if you have any questions or need a real clutch for that car. i know you are going to need a fix for that pesky OEM CSC bearing inside that tranny that always blows up when you upgrade the clutch.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #126
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
FUCK MY BRAIN EXPLODED 380MM!?!?!?!
i thought my shit was gangster:::
pansy 355 in a 17inch tho

anyway, awesome build!! what does the r32 weigh in at?
My original plan was 355mm in 17" but my supplier offered a new 380mm rotor for the kit so I took it and tried it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
looks good let me know if you have any questions or need a real clutch for that car. i know you are going to need a fix for that pesky OEM CSC bearing inside that tranny that always blows up when you upgrade the clutch.

Thanks for the offer!! but I already order a OS-Giken twin plate for the HR, should have it in couple weeks since I cheaped out and ship it with cheappppp surface mail!

I know the CSC bearings will suck as I've read all threads regarding it on my350z.com. I am wondering if anyone has tried using a A/M set up. ie tilton/AP master with their slaves...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #127
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quick question for ya, are you going to be putting the sticker on the new TE37SLs?
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #128
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Yea..for sure. I just don't want to put them on until I mounted the tires..etc. Looks like they are not too durable if I moved the wheels around the garage.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #129
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i dont know if i wana let my 240 go anymore. f*ck
Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #130
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If the build thread was just about putting those brakes and wheels on your car it would be sufficient.

Can't get enough.

Hey! Just buy some 19" SP1's. The TE's are nice but SP1's make my boat so floaty.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #131
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
wheels make boats float.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #132
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cheap apartments.. fast cars
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #133
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

it's a house.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #134
illvialuver
Post Whore!

in Vancouver. Thats money, not like hey man I have a badass car and live in Fresno and have a huge house for 900 a month.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #135
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Quote:
it's a house.
even better
Old 10-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #136
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
F20cS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is very clean, nice dedication to quality parts. Nice to see a skyline build!
F20cS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #137
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sickkkkk
Lovin it.
And finally an amazing build close to home
I remember waaaay back seeing your old blue GTS on NWN when it was stuck in that crazy snow storm we had. You have definitely stepped it up since then!
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #138
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

oh man..talking about back in the days..lol. my first skyline!!

First I am like..

Then I got stuck on a 1 degree slope..
Old 10-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #139
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Is that the snow in vancouver?

This is a fellow Canuck and r32 driver at Formula D Irwindale. , never liked the 4 door till I saw this car.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #140
pahaf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i really like the idea of the vq35 swap into a R32. it is going to be a fun car now. balanced

GL with the build
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #141
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Wheels bearings are here!! Stay tune for big update tmr!!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #142
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Wheels bearings are here!! Stay tune for big update tmr!!

I am waiting for that "big update" today !!! LOL
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #143
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

shit happens...sorry guys..Still working on it..
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #144
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

the internetz can wait.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #145
M0nkeyMark

M0nkeyMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Charles! <3 your build haha its so fresh and unique, i hope you finish this thing soon.
M0nkeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #146
Michael Nolan
Leaky Injector

Michael Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Michael Nolan
Where aboots are you in Vancouver?

Your ITB's are sexy mmmmmm
Michael Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #147
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
If the build thread was just about putting those brakes and wheels on your car it would be sufficient.

Can't get enough.
THIS X1948949373909 Seriously...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #148
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
WTF is that white stuff!!! I couldn't imagine taking my S13 out in the snow... it's hard enough to keep straight when it gets wet.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #149
frftw
Zilvia Member

frftw is an unknown quantity at this point
this looks like its gonna be a blast to drive! even though it wont have an astounding power/weight ratio its still gonna be smooth and predictable, assuming the f/r weight balance turns out alright. also with a heavier overall car their will be allot more suspension response wich is good for learning, wich is what this car is being built for if i remember correctly... Hell i couldnt drive for shit on twisties untill i sold my civic with coils and started driving my parents q7 on backroads, thats the car that taught me how to manipulate suspension, now i get to apply it to the s13 im slowly but surely building, wich is a stripped and has a lightweight ca tucked as low and far back as i could get it, very nice balance!
frftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #150
krnmike

krnmike is an unknown quantity at this point
i suggest painting the suspension parts as opposed to powdercoating them.
krnmike is offline   Reply With Quote