Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #121
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
OTG Vinyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
what kind lugs are those
It clearly says on the side what brand they are.

OTG Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #122
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
model, sherlock
Old 12-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #123
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
model, sherlock
I doubt Volk makes many key-locking chrome acorn lugs.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #124
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
volk racing formula lugs, thanks

awesome,

otg

"with all due respect"

- go fuck yourself, and your shitty vinyl

i mean that in the nicest way possible.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #125
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
volk racing formula lugs, thanks

awesome,

otg - go fuck yourself, and your shitty vinyl
Reported post. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #126
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Reported post. Thanks.
Report read.

Smart-Alec comment noted.

Upset come back at smart-alec comment noted.

Solution: Play nice kids.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #127
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Report read.

Smart-Alec comment noted.

Upset come back at smart-alec comment noted.

Solution: Play nice kids.
I literally laughed out loud at that. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #128
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl View Post
Reported post. Thanks.
Dude don't shit in peoples threads and run to mommies.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #129
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Dude don't shit in peoples threads and run to mommies.
That makes plenty of sense.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #130
Avante
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Avante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
AW WRIGHT!

wiring is the best part of the swap!

it's the most intriguing and fun thing to do for your car.

it's even better than finding a winning lottery ticket after walking out of a divorce court.

good luck buddy!

get that shit running. so we can be twiiiiiins!
Avante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #131
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
model, sherlock
behave kids... volk formula.. they're 250 dollars minus tax and shipping before you go googling them up. Fucking expensive...

my wheels didn't even have locks on them before.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #132
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
looks like we are both at the same place in our builds. i spent all day wiring my car. hardest part for me right now is sorting through all the useless wiring that used to go to the under hood fuse box. my fans and fuel pump relays are in my engine harness so that lightened the load a little. good work though man, i love seeing people take pride in the quality of their work!

all you need is a fender puller, some zip ties, and a blog.
vaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #133
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Didn't get much done when I woke up...

Just cleaning up wire, going to shorten the harness sometime this week when my shit gets in, hook it up and test it, somehow lol.

Then i'm going to do mechanical shit next weekend... yeah right who am I kidding, I'm re-locating the fusebox next weekend and wiring up my accessories so i can run jdm kouki signals. Since I never ran them before!!!

ok.

found it's base, snipped the two other grounds off and re-taped this.

now the ecu has this insulated wire running through it. I'm debating on eliminating it or keeping it. I really don't even see how it ties into the harness or saves it from electrical interference of any sort. Especially if the wire is hacked up on both ends, doesn't that kind of defeat it's purpose?

One of those insulated signal and ground wires is hacked into 4 plugs... 3 which I removed, one I am keeping which is the MAF which is running a single LEGIT ground off of it. I am going to replace the wire on the other two plugs from the harness to this plug itself, just need to measure how much wire I need since I'm running this plug around the back of the engine by itself.

yeah... just so you can get my point of view... this is what I'm dealing with... Have fun tracing an insulated wire back to what it's hacked into.

If you think this stuff is hard, try to satisfy your girlfriends craving for Cuban food when you're not in LA and have no idea where the fuck to find the stuff she wants to eat. Luckily I found some little Cuban food joint that just opened up on Archibald and 6th food was pretty good. A little on the pricey side, but it wasn't chain restaurant food served with a false smile and hopes of a good tip.

"daddy I want to have flan too." - envy

alright guys, I'll have more updates during the week, hopefully some of this stuff was pretty helpful.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #134
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn4 View Post
looks like we are both at the same place in our builds. i spent all day wiring my car. hardest part for me right now is sorting through all the useless wiring that used to go to the under hood fuse box. my fans and fuel pump relays are in my engine harness so that lightened the load a little. good work though man, i love seeing people take pride in the quality of their work!

LOL yeah if you want to go ahead and send me the scematics of your airbag fusebox, you can go ahead and send that right on over...

that'd be greeeaaaat thanks.

*drool*

omg, where did the fusebox go??? (edit: this is vaughn4's fusebox!)

Click for larger sizes.

Last edited by Om1kron; 12-14-2008 at 10:43 PM..
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #135
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
one word.................SEXY!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #136
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
LOL yeah if you want to go ahead and send me the scematics of your airbag fusebox, you can go ahead and send that right on over...

that'd be greeeaaaat thanks.

*drool*

omg, where did the fusebox go??? (edit: this is vaughn4's fusebox!)

Click for larger sizes.
not a problem man.. should be finished with all the wiring this week. i will write something up and post it on my build thread.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #137
Om1kron
Post Whore!

sweet, one less headache for me to go through hehe. I pulled the fusebox out and refuse to put it back in so it's just hanging out of my front fender like a dogs tongue hangs out of it's mouth.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #138
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
not a problem man.. should be finished with all the wiring this week. i will write something up and post it on my build thread.
I seriously thought of relocating my little fuse panel (same one you used) up there, but I have an intact-airbag dash... doesn't the cover panel "flop" up and down over bumps and shit?

/threadjack

Quote:
sweet, one less headache for me to go through hehe. I pulled the fusebox out and refuse to put it back in so it's just hanging out of my front fender like a dogs tongue hangs out of it's mouth.
I totally agree. I knew I didn't want that huge bitch going back in my bay when I did my swap, but it wasn't till it was actually out that I understood the 'gravity' of the decision lol. If you're interested in redoing a whole shitload of the body harness yourself like I did (and it looks like Vaughn did too), ditch the whole thing. If you want to use the stock stuff, cut the back off and stuff it behind the glove box, off to the side of the AC exchanger box.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #139
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
To make you feel better, in my car the body harness between SMJ going to the back was just one melted mess of wires. The cluster harness was cut and spliced and wires changed colors 4 times before ending up running to nowhere.

I just snipped the plugs, opened the FSM and went to work. Glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this shit. At least the S14 FSM has great brakedown of each electrical system, so its easier to trace.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 AM   #140
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Phi (nrg) came over, looked the shit over, the harness is good to go, laid out out in the engine bay. Just need to finish soldering up the instrument cluster to the f3 plug, finish eliminating any stale wires not going to shit wrapped in electrical tape junctions of doom. We sat and bullshitted for a minute, he took off at 1am.

De-pinned, untangled, re-pinned, arranged left side of the bay harness tonight, it's pretty much ready to loom up.

tomorrow night I'll do the passenger side of the harness, take some pictures that wont make sense. and go to sleeeeeep!

it's 3:32 am, going to hop in the shower and put my work clothes on and go to sleep lol.

oh and threw a shot in of my engine all cleaned up and ready to fire up.

yeah... I wish.

till tomorrow.

Last edited by Om1kron; 12-18-2008 at 03:08 AM..
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #141
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Glad to see you're using the car audio guys' trick--techflex! I love that stuff!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 AM   #142
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I want flan too.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #143
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I seriously thought of relocating my little fuse panel (same one you used) up there, but I have an intact-airbag dash... doesn't the cover panel "flop" up and down over bumps and shit?

/threadjack
Nope, I have an in-tact airbag too but i've seen people doing hard launches in their 240's an pop goes the passenger airbag... I plan on running harnesses on both seats anyway so no point in running the passenger bag if someones face wont make it over there, much less I don't normally have passengers in my 240.

The airbag cover snaps on and snaps off just like any other panel on the interior.

Quote:
I totally agree. I knew I didn't want that huge bitch going back in my bay when I did my swap, but it wasn't till it was actually out that I understood the 'gravity' of the decision lol. If you're interested in redoing a whole shitload of the body harness yourself like I did (and it looks like Vaughn did too), ditch the whole thing. If you want to use the stock stuff, cut the back off and stuff it behind the glove box, off to the side of the AC exchanger box.
I just want to create a little panel like vaughn did... but from what i've read you don't even have to cut or splice anything, that harness in the bay is long enough to reach to the trunk if you de-loom it from everything that is attached to it. Something like that, or I can run it right to that area mentioned with no problemo.

I dunno. For now I think I will leave it where it is and when I have the time to tackle it i'll make my fuse panel separately and then just drop it in and move the wires accordingly.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #144
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Kinda interested in how this car turns out... reminds me a little of my s14 build.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #145
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanS14 View Post
Kinda interested in how this car turns out... reminds me a little of my s14 build.
But i'm not building a show car ...

j/k

thx

your car is fiya, hot fiya!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #146
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But i'm not building a show car ...

j/k

thx

your car is fiya, hot fiya!
I sure hope not... you'd be wasting a whole lot of time and money.

Thanks I miss the car a lot...

Old 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #147
Om1kron
Post Whore!

damn you people and your life shifting priorities. =(
Old 12-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #148
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I ove what u did with the wiring i wish I had time to do that to my harness keep up the good work
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #149
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

/threadjack
no not at all. the front side of the bag cover snaps down and the rear side usually bolts down. i cut the studs off the back side and put some 3M velcro is a small spot to keep it from hoppin up. it all looks factory.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #150
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
no not at all. the front side of the bag cover snaps down and the rear side usually bolts down. i cut the studs off the back side and put some 3M velcro is a small spot to keep it from hoppin up. it all looks factory.
=