Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #31
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
How about an update?
YES?
OK, well we have gotten some stuff done on the car.
since the last update we have finished up the rear subframe torn apart and had all the new suspension peices put on.
(this is an older pic)

here are the Epsilon wheels that we had redone.

got the car back on the ground in November?

i got some new tires for the car last week
(225/50/15 BFG Drag radials)
(205/55/15 BFG KDW II)

Had a friend who is good at welding come out and fix a few little problems that needed to be fixed. The core support had a little crack he fixed that, did some welding on the strut towers and a few other little things.
(no pics of that)
I had the tires and wheels mounted and balanced

a few weeks ago i picked up a East bear 8point roll cage.
(old pic from previous owner)

here is a pic of the cage in the car (only mocked up)

I've also got the Driveshaft, the wiring done by Tech 2 motorsports (waiting to install)
I have installed the new USDM waterpump and new serp belt and a new timing belt, as well as lightweight aluminum pulleys. I got the spark plug painted the same color as the wheels and installed that.

i put the wheels on the car last night to see how they would look with the blue lug nuts and it looks pretty good. now i just need some damn center caps!
front:

rear:

Tonight i will be swapping out the JDM 440cc injectors infavor of the USDM 550cc injectors, and if i have enough time i will also start to swap out the JDM twin turbo's for USDM twin turbo's

Last edited by Flicktitty; 12-14-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #32
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
got the Walbro 255 fuel pump installed. ripped out the cage and got that painted (not all done yet)

well got the USDM 550's swapped over,got the spark plugs changed out,the got the USDM turbo's put on and done. and modded the JDM heatsheild to "fit" LOL

got the motor wired up.

then went ahead and LIFTED

and dropped

it's a GREAT feeling to have it sitting in the car.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #33
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Sooooo sick!
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #34
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
very nice, i like the thermostat on your tow hook lol.

it's nice to see a different build. some attention to detail but not over the top and an automatic!
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #35
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very nice looking car and build. just really clean. also i love that color combo its the reason why i wish i had a grey car. good luck and keep it up!
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #36
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Thanks alot guys. i think the overall style of the car is starting to come together pretty well.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #37
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

had to order a few other things (3" T-bolt clamps, and 2.5" T-bolt clamps), a Greddy Speed cut control (dam JDM Ecu's hit speed cut at 111mph so that had to be taken care of. some new DP bolts and gaskets, as well as some roll cage gauge pods...

went out last night and finished up the wiring and finished doing the fuel lines. hooked all the battery cables up. tried to crank it, and NOTHING shitty. well we then checked to see if the starter had power going to it and it was good, then we found a connecter had 0 power, so we decided to go ahead and jump it to see if it started!

first click as soon as it hit it started! and ran awesome for >30 seconds it ran
today i will have to figure out why the wire is dead and make that work. finish mounting up the Intercooler,put the fuel filter in. and i will be happy if it starts at will then i'll have to start on the radiator and fans and the radiator hoses.

Last edited by Flicktitty; 12-14-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #38
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
I wish my girlfriend was that cool....
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
nickmerrone
BANNED

nickmerrone is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to nickmerrone
this thing is amazingtastic..i love your girl friend for wanting this..haha.
nickmerrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #40
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
"So fast, you'll shit" huh? Nice hehehe

Can't wait to hear how this thing drives. Saw you post @ 2jzswap. Sorry if I missed it, but what turbo(s) are you going to be running? Stock JDM twins? Stock USDM twins? Big single?
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #41
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
those wheels came out sweet. awesome build there.
gsxr141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #42
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
"So fast, you'll shit" huh? Nice hehehe

Can't wait to hear how this thing drives. Saw you post @ 2jzswap. Sorry if I missed it, but what turbo(s) are you going to be running? Stock JDM twins? Stock USDM twins? Big single?
haha, yeah my buddy kevin wrote that on the window. and i'm using stock USDM turbo's on it. a little word of advice, if you get a 2JZ and you want a better turbo setup just go single right away, too many fucking hassles and money going stock us turbos, i thought it would be a cheap way of getting 400+RWHP ehhhhhhhhhh wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post
those wheels came out sweet. awesome build there.
thanks much.

Been doing more work on the car, got the Oil press. gauge almost all ran, got a Flex a lite fan controller all hooked up, got the radiator mounted, trans cooler mounted, all new hoses for the trans cooler and radiator. got the bov welded on, got a few other things done here and there.

and made this.

YouTube - 2JZGTE 240sx Startup "300SX"
Old 06-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #43
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow, your ganna blow the tires off that thing..
looks great though.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #44
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

haha, yeah there is a good chance, i'm hoping the drag radial aspect of it helps atleast a little.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #45
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
They won't hold my 255's don't hold at all(mickey thompson's)
Old 08-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #46
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

i think it's time for an update had the car out on the 23rd of June and it was running ok.

it was loading up with fuel and not really goin anywhere (it needs a tune, should be going to sound performance soon) And it developed a cooling issue that we had to adress, so we figured might as well just call and get it towed home rather then potentially doing more harm to it.

still needs an exhaust made,USDM cam's installed,boost cut controller,speed cut controller,boost controller,turbo timer and a tune/dyno and it will be DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!
but we've had the car out and about a little bit since thursday night, and it seems to run pretty good.
pics.

more pics to come tomarrow,after it get's out of the exhaust shop.

and before anyone comes in here saying needs more low, well it can't. the sway bar spacer it has on it so the sway bar clears the oil pan makes the sway bar rub the front tension rod if it's any lower then it is :ghey: but i'm thinking of going back to stock sway bars to set the car down some more.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #47
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

forgot the vids...

quick rundown of mods.

3" Tanabe Downpipe,Godspeed Intercooler W/ custom piping,Custom Intake pipe with K&N Filter,550cc USDM supra injectors,USDM Twin turbos, J-spec cams. So the car is mostly stock and UNTUNED. on stock boost (6-8psi)

It will have the usdm cam's in the car in the next week or two,along with a boost controller set to 17psi and exhaust and a few other things

YouTube - 240sx 2JZGTE S13 "300sx" Flyby

YouTube - 2JZ 240sx flyby "300SX"
Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #48
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Shame on me for not keeping up with this thread.

Looks awesome man. I wanna come out by you one day and take a looksey.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #49
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

hell yeah, Liz actually lives up in Menomonee falls, so once everything is buttoned up it will be close(er) to you.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #50
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks sick man!.......but,.........auto!?!?!?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #51
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
tranny suprise
winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #52
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

lol, yeap it's auto....not much else to say about it.

R154's are good tran's but getting expensive because of the demand, and the V160 is just outragously priced. plus the women isn't a big driving stick person,plus this will go plenty fast for her for now.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #53
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
The only way those wheels could be any cooler is if you did the color in reverse. Pink lips. Especially for a girl. Pink lips.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #54
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The only way those wheels could be any cooler is if you did the color in reverse. Pink lips. Especially for a girl. Pink lips.
lol, yeah those wheels need to be wider. i'm hoping to send them out this winter to get them to be about 9" wide
Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #55
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

pic taken this morning with the new plate, getting the exhaust done.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #56
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't know why everyone is raggin' on the trans. haha, you saved money there and made the girl happy. sounds good to me.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #57
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
aint raggin,....... was just curious!

sick nontheless
Old 08-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #58
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
lol, yeah those wheels need to be wider. i'm hoping to send them out this winter to get them to be about 9" wide
DO WANT!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #59
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
DO WANT!
yessum, this winter the plan's are appearance, Paint/body work,wider rims,and maybe a s13 silvia front?

planning on running some nice 275's out back and a bigger tire up front 255?? not sure i'll have to start researching.

she want's to do a dark gray with alot of silver flake and pink flake in it.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #60
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

that'd be sick!

but ur tires look plenty beefy now man,.....i dnt think you need to go wider