Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #421
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
also where did you get the silvia headlight covers?those are too awesome and cleans up the wiring.
These are the password JDM ones. Not sure what the current state of that company is as i heard they are "Back"

Otherwise Unique Auto Creations on here was selling them.
http://www.uniqueautocreations.com/products.html
Old 11-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #422
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Thanks bud! Shoot me a PM with your number as we should get together again i can't imagine the one i have from 7 years ago is still the active one.
Haha will do man, I want to talk to you about those collector plates and also Liz's sticker business. My buddy has a honda prelude club he needs some stickers made for. Keep up the good work on the build guys, talk to you soon!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #423
tkacale
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
tkacale is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow....just wow

i want to say awesome thread i just read it start to finish. you were really ahead of the time when you started this. definitely unique.

i have had a vert sitting in my garage for quite some time that i been meaning to do something with and in january i decided to do a 2jz gte vvti auto single turbo. i been piecing it together slowly and posted on Facebook what i am doing. thats how i came across your thread. someone had seen it and shared.

can you bless me with some insight about the driveshaft you ended getting and how the silvia diff holds up
tkacale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #424
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkacale View Post
wow....just wow

i want to say awesome thread i just read it start to finish. you were really ahead of the time when you started this. definitely unique.

i have had a vert sitting in my garage for quite some time that i been meaning to do something with and in january i decided to do a 2jz gte vvti auto single turbo. i been piecing it together slowly and posted on Facebook what i am doing. thats how i came across your thread. someone had seen it and shared.

can you bless me with some insight about the driveshaft you ended getting and how the silvia diff holds up
Thank you! Yes back when we first started the build there was hardly any JZ Swapped S13s/S14s and even fewer with the aristo auto.

As far as driveshaft i can't give you a whole lot of information as it was one that Tech2 (Same place i got the motor mounts from) had built for me. They put a spare aristo trans in their car to make up the measurements to have the driveshaft built. I believe Tech2 used driveline service out of Redding, CA so maybe it's worth a call to see if they offer one? or have the dimensions still. Or even give Tech2 a call if they are still open. So far the Silvia diff is working out just fine, i must say i'm not the biggest fan of the factory (4.08) gear ratio that's in it when joined with the auto, just seems to get over worked on the freeway, but it sure goes good from a stop.

I'm going to be helping a buddy do a VVTI 1JZGTE auto swap in his S13 this summer/fall so i'm pretty excited about that.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:03 PM   #425
tkacale

Tech2 is still around. They just want $800 and I have to provide the measurements because I'm not using their swap kit. At that point might as well call anyone else like driveshaft shop.

If you would swap diffs would you go with a j30?
Old 03-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #426
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Tech2 is still around. They just want $800 and I have to provide the measurements because I'm not using their swap kit. At that point might as well call anyone else like driveshaft shop.

Shaftmasters in Michigan is also worth a call. I had to provide measurements but it was $380 for aluminum with yoke, flanges and u joints. Also was at my house in 2 days.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #427
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:

Most likely would look at a Q45 with the 3.69 gear.

The USDM MKIV Supra TT Auto uses a ratio of 3.76 so the 3.69 would be pretty close to how Toyota wanted, not to mention being on nearly oem Supra TT tire specs it would be a solid choice i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEgg13 View Post
Shaftmasters in Michigan is also worth a call. I had to provide measurements but it was $380 for aluminum with yoke, flanges and u joints. Also was at my house in 2 days.
X2 i've heard nothing but good things from Shaft masters.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:37 PM   #428
silvia_ks_69

silvia_ks_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Flick! Car is looking great. What's bottlenecking power right now? That's a fairly good sized turbo, slightly bigger than mine (6162)and we are estimating a bit more power to the wheels at 3000ft alt (dyno in a few weeks time). What are you using for ecu?

As for the driveshaft, wiring harness, mounts, literally any in house part, I cannot stress enough to stay away from Tech2motorsports. I also got a 2JZ harness 2007-2008 which had to be completely redone. A driveshaft that wasn't sized properly and a transmission mount that was off by a couple inches. There are many other quality companies doing good work these days, far more than when the initial first builds were started.

Kyle
silvia_ks_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #429
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia_ks_69 View Post
Hey Flick! Car is looking great. What's bottlenecking power right now? That's a fairly good sized turbo, slightly bigger than mine (6162)and we are estimating a bit more power to the wheels at 3000ft alt (dyno in a few weeks time). What are you using for ecu?

As for the driveshaft, wiring harness, mounts, literally any in house part, I cannot stress enough to stay away from Tech2motorsports. I also got a 2JZ harness 2007-2008 which had to be completely redone. A driveshaft that wasn't sized properly and a transmission mount that was off by a couple inches. There are many other quality companies doing good work these days, far more than when the initial first builds were started.

Kyle
Kyle long time no see.

the lack of power is most likely attributed to the fact i'm only on wastegate spring (14.5psi) and i have the Aristo auto with a Titan 3500 stall converter so those things eat power on the dyno. To prove how much, back when i was on a 6265 on 550cc injectors stock ecu and a SAFC and stock trans/converter at 18psi the car made 410. with the AEM EMS v2 (still have) 14.5 psi and the bigger fuel injectors and 3500 stall it made 404 on the same dyno lol.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #430
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Small update for now, got the wiring specialties harness the other day, haven't quite had time to install it but the list of "to do" is growing look for more updates soon!

Old 05-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #431
tkacale

Wiring specialities refused to make a harness for me. I have bought from them before but yuriy said they couldn't make an auto 2jz vvti harness for s13
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #432
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wiring specialities refused to make a harness for me. I have bought from them before but yuriy said they couldn't make an auto 2jz vvti harness for s13
I'm the automatic test mule. they haven't done an auto JZ harness, this is the first. not sure they have done much for the VVTi stuff yet so that could be another factor.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #433
tkacale

Quote:
I'm the automatic test mule. they haven't done an auto JZ harness, this is the first. not sure they have done much for the VVTi stuff yet so that could be another factor.

I offered to be the mule too. Instead decided to go with Justin from qfab Motorsports. Should have it by end of the month
Old 05-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #434
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Justin is a great guy, talked to him many of times you should be happy with his stuff. I have a few buddies who have stuff done by him.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #435
tkacale

Quote:
Justin is a great guy, talked to him many of times you should be happy with his stuff. I have a few buddies who have stuff done by him.

Thanks for that. Feeling more confident now. Good luck with the WS
Old 07-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #436
tkacale

Super important question. Do you have AC or not. If so, how did you get it to work
Old 08-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #437
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
wiring specialties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Auto harnesses will be available one day. Nick is helping us with testing.

Let us know how it goes.
wiring specialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #438
tkacale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiring specialties View Post
Auto harnesses will be available one day. Nick is helping us with testing.

Let us know how it goes.

Send me one for an auto vvti. I'll pay for it and be super happy to be the guinea pig. -Danny (Luce Produkt)
Old 10-31-2016, 06:39 AM   #439
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
What was wrong with the Tech2 harness?