Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #31
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
greek man does it right..

pics of finished rad neck?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #32
aga
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
aga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks man. yesterday i hit a hole when backing up in a gas station, and i fell underneath the car, saw fluids running, thought i broke my oil pan. today i called the AA, and found out that thankfully, it was coolant. we put the car on the lift, and found two more hoses underneath the intake manifold that we hadnt replaced. one of them had a hole. so we replaced those two, and also installed two nipples, one in the lower rad hose and one on the neck near the vent bolt, to install a coolant tank, but found out that the radiator cap i use is improper for this system. mine has a steel clamp on the top, and this won't hold pressure in this kind of system. i gotta get one with a rubber on top.

and now, the weather:
i attended AEM's water meth seminar so now i'm a certified know-it-all

we were tuning using the new infinity ecu on this thingy:

it almost blew the dyno... the car is rated at 1000+ hp, and the dyno around 800.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:03 AM   #33
aga
Zilvia Junkie

a few nights ago i hit a pothole going reverse in a gas station, and i immediately thought "oh shit ,the oil pan"...so i fell down to see under the car, and i see fluids running. i drove two blocks to my home, and next day called the AA to take the car to the shop. as i pushed it towards the truck i saw that it was coolant, not oil. so after i put the car on the lift i started looking to see where the leak was coming from. finally we removed the starter motor, and there were two coolant hoses that we didnt know about. one had a hole. as we fixed those, we decided to install a coolant swirl pot that i had but the radiator cap i have is no good for this kind of system (its a spring steel cap), so we installed the nipples and whatever was needed but left them capped, until a valveless cap arrives from my supplier.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #34
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
So far so good, my brother had one of those Toyota turbo starlet back home in Jamaica sucks we couldn't get it over here in the USA
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #35
aga
Zilvia Junkie

starlets are awesome pocket rockets. The jamaicans were the first to get a starlet in the 10's. but if i was in the usa i wouldnt care, when you have the choice of so much awesome metal. if i was there i'd probably be a meathead muscle car guy lol (but with turbos and injection, not carb shit)
Old 01-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #36
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
starlets are awesome pocket rockets. The jamaicans were the first to get a starlet in the 10's. but if i was in the usa i wouldnt care, when you have the choice of so much awesome metal. if i was there i'd probably be a meathead muscle car guy lol (but with turbos and injection, not carb shit)
Haha i just love them, its a very fun car it might be one of the most popular car in the country next to civics lol
Old 03-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #37
aga
Zilvia Junkie

finally stopped chasing leaks all around, the coolant system is ok, but i think im gonna change it all! driving up a mountain at a casual pace, the water temp rises up to the point where the fans come on. its still winter, i dont like that sh!t

so im thinking:

-remove the e-fans
-install stock shroud with gk-tech's fan blades upgrade
-install the coolant pot i have sitting on my desk in months
-put the turbo return on the coolant neck as it's supposed to be

now, on to drivetrain issues:
i am chasing a vibration that occurs in 5th gear in 1700 to 2100 rpm when accelerating

things that could be at fault:
-propshaft: took it out, had it balanced with new center bearing, cruising much improved but that vibration is still there
-half shafts: a very good mechanic told me that the inner hubs wear out and that could be my problem. is that a possibility?
-unbalanced wheel: took them off got them balanced, again, cruising improved but that wasnt the culprit
-clutch assembly: lets hope we dont get to that.

so what do you guys think?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #38
aga
Zilvia Junkie

forget the vibration, i got more serious things to occupy me.

Since i got the car it has been plagued with knocking issues. everything points to the head or the timing. i got a whole head from an engine that spun a bearing, had never been opened. got a cosworth gasket, some supertech stem seals and various other stuff to switch over heads. taking out the cam cover , we saw that the cams were wrong, specifically the intake one, was 1 tooth off , going by the colored chain links. after some research, we decided that going by the chain links is not to be trusted so we adjusted the cams going by another schematic (i think by tomei?) that counts the teeth.

anyway a lot of things happened since and i think the CAS got damaged or was damaged... the ignition advance won't follow the ecu's advance.anyway i'm switching it over this afternoon, hope for the best.

in the meantime i made a new coolant return pipe for the turbo, returns to the water neck as it should, no boiling sounds from the heater anymore when turning the car off.
crackers always help.

installed a coolant swirl pot too, the thingy does the job! topped it up with red toyota coolant, now i can call the coolant system kinda complete.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #39
forgotten
Leaky Injector

forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool to see some Fiberglass skills here !!!!
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #40
aga
Zilvia Junkie

car's FIXED!

the intake cam was off by 1 tooth, and the CAS was faulty
as a result:
1. much smoother operation
2. no more knocking
3. TORQUE
4. the whole boosted area of the map is now SUPER lean.gotta re-tune it and i think i'm gonna run our of injectors (i have S15 480cc ones)
Old 06-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #41
aga
Zilvia Junkie

got these cuties and reset the ecu, tuned it from the start, the car runs FLAWLESSLY.

I estimate the car to be above 350hp (2871R at 1bar) . i am still forced to run low ignition advance (6-8 degrees at 1bar), that makes me think the car has a lot of compression. The previous guy must have skimmed the head too much. I did a compression test and it hit 180psi.

anyway i won't be swapping heads or nothing for now, though i have everything in my parts cabinet (a whole unmolested head, a cosworth gasket etc)...maybe getting a set of cams will make the job refreshing the whole head worth it.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #42
aga
Zilvia Junkie

got coilovers at last!

and a VVL 60mm throttle body
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #43
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
what injectors did you have before?

Also, good luck with your spine with stiff springs in athens
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #44
aga
Zilvia Junkie

S15 injectors...they were close to maxing out

Well, we'll see if they are too stiff...if they are, I'll switch springs
Old 09-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #45
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Good project Mr Athens ! Tell me, does the hooter/horn still work on your car ? When I was there last , I could not believe the hooting going on in the streets. The light goes green and all you hear is hooting all the way from the back to the second car up front !!
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #46
aga
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
Good project Mr Athens ! Tell me, does the hooter/horn still work on your car ? When I was there last , I could not believe the hooting going on in the streets. The light goes green and all you hear is hooting all the way from the back to the second car up front !!
yep it's the stressful life we live here. i admit i do it myself... the most annoying guys are the taxis, considering they drive more slowly than anybody, but honk at you as if they are in a hurry.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #47
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I love this.
Seems like this thing had a lot of issues, but you are deft at fixing them. Good stuff.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #48
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
the most annoying guys are the taxis, considering they drive more slowly than anybody, but honk at you as if they are in a hurry.
thats hilarious, cool build keep it up. looks like you are working hard.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #49
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Sou edosa ena programma yia 740s anwyay. That should be solid for what you need, at least to get started.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:45 AM   #50
aga
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys, i do what i can with my budget. it will take me years to get where i want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Sou edosa ena programma yia 740s anwyay. That should be solid for what you need, at least to get started.
i tuned it the day i put them on, they run like stock...excellent injectors. it's no surprise , they've made them to even have the same injector lag as the stock ones, for easy tuning...
Old 09-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #51
NYS13SLIDER
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
NYS13SLIDER is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Subscribed! Awesome build brother. I have an s13 hatch like you here in NY I'm working on(super slow build though) as I have three simultaneous projects going(s2000 and '89 e30 325is coupe). I lived in Greece(Glyfada)for 5 years, '90 to '95, best years of my life, have a house in Ano Voula now. Was always at limanakia and Vouta watching all the street racing back in the day as I was pretty young back then. Great times. Thinking I should send my hatch to Greece when "it's done" and shoot the breeze with you, hit up the Nurburgring or something(a dream of mine). This is a dating site isn't it? Haha joking with ya, my wife would kill me if I had a boyfriend again, nice build.
NYS13SLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #52
aga
Zilvia Junkie

sure , send me a message if you're ever close by, i already met with e1_griego (n-no homo), probably we'll meet with the rest of the 200sx club if there's a meet around that time.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:43 AM   #53
aga
Zilvia Junkie

rear brakes time!

350z track edition

drilled the caliper holes to 14mm, and added a reinforcement to drill a new offset hole for the caliper

it was a REAL bitch to drill afterwards

took the calipers down 1mm to fit the offset properly

refurbished the discs a bit

and finally took a blurry photo
Old 03-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #54
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Cool build, doesn't get better than red Brembos. i'll be in Athens, Greece in August, any cool shit to check out other than the Acropolis?
Old 03-19-2015, 06:38 AM   #55
aga
Zilvia Junkie

lots of places, depends what you like. give me a shout, if i'm still in the city we'll meet and give you the tour :P
Old 08-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #56
aga
Zilvia Junkie

upgrade to face the greek summer heat.

custom made radiator with GKtech fan
Old 10-17-2016, 02:48 AM   #57
aga
Zilvia Junkie

s13

got me a pair of evo 9 seats...

my mechanic tried to fit them which resulted in the driver's side being high and off center ( i don't blame him, it just can't be done) ...so i got a driver's side bride rail after some forum searching for the proper part number

so here's the lowdown: to fit the recaro on these rails you have to widen some of the holes on the adaptor plates. the hinge for the rail lever had to be cut off the seat cause it was hitting the adaptor plates.

Last edited by aga; 10-17-2016 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: corrections
aga is offline   Reply With Quote