Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Civillized

Trader Rating: (0)
Civillized is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Need help S13 type x

So I bought a 1993 240sx SE and I wanted to put the OEM 180sx front bumper on it. I'm not too experienced and I was wondering if I needed any extra parts other than the front bumper extensions and the front bumper. Here is the link https://www.nissanparts.cc/180sx-kou...25?parent=1019 . Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yeah all kinds of other shiat brahhhhh
Old 04-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Yeah all kinds of other shiat brahhhhh
...and on this day he turned to Zilvia without sending an email to NissanParts.

n00b status initiated.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civillized View Post
So I bought a 1993 240sx SE and I wanted to put the OEM 180sx front bumper on it. .
u already have one
Old 04-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
i think you're the first person to try this. let us know how it goes
Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 AM   #6
Engmus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Engmus has a spectacular aura aboutEngmus has a spectacular aura aboutEngmus has a spectacular aura aboutEngmus has a spectacular aura aboutEngmus has a spectacular aura aboutEngmus has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civillized View Post
So I bought a 1993 240sx SE and I wanted to put the OEM 180sx front bumper on it. I'm not too experienced and I was wondering if I needed any extra parts other than the front bumper extensions and the front bumper. Here is the link https://www.nissanparts.cc/180sx-kou...25?parent=1019 . Any advice would be appreciated.
First it looks like this is your first post, so welcome to Zilvia.

Second, this thread will probably bring you same heat, but try not to take it personally, you might be new to forums for all we know.

Third, I'd recommend searching for this, a number of threads document the 180 Aero installation process, what you will need, wiring, other parts etc.

I personally wouldn't recommend doing real 180 Aero, because of the complexity and the fact if you ever get a front mount intercooler you will likely be cutting that nice new expensive bumper up, instead look into some of the fiberglass copies which you might not feel so bad hacksawing to shreads if you eventually need to route piping through it.

If you persist on the 180 aero direction here are some resources...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169993

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=260639

Best of luck!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #7
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engmus View Post
First it looks like this is your first post, so welcome to Zilvia.

Second, this thread will probably bring you same heat, but try not to take it personally, you might be new to forums for all we know.

Third, I'd recommend searching for this, a number of threads document the 180 Aero installation process, what you will need, wiring, other parts etc.

I personally wouldn't recommend doing real 180 Aero, because of the complexity and the fact if you ever get a front mount intercooler you will likely be cutting that nice new expensive bumper up, instead look into some of the fiberglass copies which you might not feel so bad hacksawing to shreads if you eventually need to route piping through it.

If you persist on the 180 aero direction here are some resources...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169993

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=260639

Best of luck!

Good links, will get those to my collection, thank you!

Also, 200USD for authentic plastic bumper is not bad at all, cheap actually!
Quality, fitment and flexibility of the OEM plastic is superb compared to these shitty fiberglass copies. I'd say that go with the real thing, it will make your life easier.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engmus View Post
There's barely any trimming at all required with a high quality intercooler kit. I would hardly suggest buying an FRP copy that will likely fit poorly and require far more work than it will take for you to hit an OEM bumper with a Dremel for 5 minutes to create the necessary clearance needed for an intercooler. That's my two cents anyway.

Below is a schematic for the kouki front bumper:

The brackets for mounting are all different than those for the chunk and zenki bumpers, so technically to do it properly you need all of them. However, the brackets are slowly being discontinued- even in Japan. You'll find that lookup codes 62242M, 62056, and 62673M and their respective left/right counterparts fall into that category now sadly.

So unfortunately, the days of googling the part numbers for all of the brackets (there are threads right here on Zilvia that list all of the numbers needed) and placing an order for them from a vendor in the states are now gone. You can still buy most of them if you are resourceful though. It might be easiest to import a complete bumper from Japan or purchase a used one from someone in the US that includes all of the brackets.

You can rig up a way to fit the bumper with only the bumper and extensions, it will just take some ingenuity and will likely not fit as well as the complete package. I would recommend at a minimum getting a hold of lookup codes 62050J, 62050A, and 62050E as those are the bulk of what's really needed. Best of luck!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
question answered... thread locked

personally i just used most of my chuki brackets (had to trim back 2 spots on the bumper by 1/4") and it worked out fine.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Closed Thread