Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-19-2019, 03:10 AM   #31
samotage
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sweet thread. I’ve had my s14 Kouki for 22 years, most amazing, versatile, high performance and well mannered and reliable car I’ve known. She had many mods over the years, and currently going through a bottom up restoration.

Complete suspension overhaul done.

Interior being done right now.

Next steps are to get her back on the road as a daily, refreshed and like new.

These are such a great chassis, the original was rather dangerous, and suspension, wheels and tyres are a must have in my experience.

Please restore these, as there is nothing like them available today, now unlikely in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2019, 03:16 AM   #32
samotage
BANNED

And some rear subframe pics too

After reassembly of all the components, I chose to clear coat the cleaned up parts to preserve the beautiful patina of the metal.

And first and last time in the sun, it came our for a small moment just before re-install

Old 07-19-2019, 05:07 AM   #33
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
The point of this thread? I dont know. Its like, lets post cars that are barely modified and jerk off to them.
Second to last paragraph. We've never met, but I'm sure we'd get along. I like your style of being an asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Everyone gets mad when new age kids wanna overbuild their cars to FD spec, neon colored, tube chassised ridiculousness.
So now some people are trying to show them how simple builds can be great and getting back to basics would be better to see than dudes “ruining” cars for clout.
But someone will always complain about something I guess.
I, I think I love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samotage View Post

Please restore these, as there is nothing like them available today, now unlikely in the future.
Dude these are the types of things I love to hear. I'm happy you've owned the chassis for so long. I think I finally have the cars I'm going to keep for life and I'm oddly excited to figure this out.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:15 AM   #34
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
1989 240sx

Glass out repaint
Pignose lip, Chuki side skirt, s13 rear valance and D-Max roof wing
Nismo power brace
Tein FSTB
Tein inner and outer tie rods
SPL RUCA
SPL toe arms
Tanabe SC-01 coilovers
Tanabe RSTB
Suspension Techniques f&r sway bars
Fidanza lightened flywheel
B&M short shifter
3" RSR ExMag exhaust
FN01R-C 17x9 +20 4-lug (10mm spacer f&r)/ 225/45 f&r
Personal Grinta wheel
S14 seats reupholstered
s14 seatbelts

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #35
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
thats why you've got your car on casters. you can lower the car and still have good ground clearance. I like it johnny!
Hahaha

I know my cars ride height is totally impractical. I'll grow out of it eventually.

Quote:
And some rear subframe pics too

After reassembly of all the components, I chose to clear coat the cleaned up parts to preserve the beautiful patina of the metal.
Have you driven on it since doing the ES bushings in the rear? If so, how do you like it?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #36
Kem Poyner

Kem Poyner is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats the point of this thread you ask????
Preserving the remaining clean, uncut examples is worth discussing at this point. With all the posts so far, maybe Dizzariot has uncovered a new sub culture!
Kem Poyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:33 PM   #37
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

Have you driven on it since doing the ES bushings in the rear? If so, how do you like it?

Only around the block when I had to move house, it was terrible lols, not setup lots of rear positive camber, old Konis, no sway bars etc.

It will be set up for grip, to enjoy all the twisty roads at my back door, so hopes are high! With luck it will be in time for Christmas.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #38
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I'd chime in, but my cars are more resto-mod. I do like how aesthetically pleasing they came from the factory, but just can't stand the stock ride height.

Plus 1 on that. Your builds are jaw dropping! And loving your threads

Old 07-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #39
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Only around the block when I had to move house, it was terrible lols, not setup lots of rear positive camber, old Konis, no sway bars etc.
Crimson, I can speak to these ES bushing, I have the same setup in the knuckles and subframe as he does.

While mine weren't terrible or falling apart before hand, it really firmed up the rear and eliminated slop on and off throttle; firm, but predictable. I've driven with solid subframe bushings and felt a lot of feedback through the chassis that I dont get with the poly subframe bushings.

I would have much rather gone with sphericals in the knuckles but I couldn't justify the extra $500 on a street car. Suspension moves freely; no binding, no squeaks since I loaded up the suspension before tightening the knuckle side bolts like you're supposed to.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:58 PM   #40
samotage
BANNED

I chose the gktech solid subframe bushings, and Poly for the diff, with the aim to raise the subframe as much as possible, and have that road feel, with poly on the diff to isolate transmission noise somewhat...

Then with the full butyl interior to quieten up noise as much as possible. The boot (trunk) is bare, with some tasteful renovation and a wooden floor, with the idea I can pop down the rear seat flap for more noise, or close it up for stereo times.

It’s all an experiment, and hopefully delivers .

Old 07-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #41
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kem Poyner View Post
...maybe Dizzariot has uncovered a new sub culture!
No. The goal is in the first post: less is better. Just trying to prove that.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #42
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Currently mid restoration on my 1992 hatch

I'm really liking this thread lol. I know too many junk 240's that could have fixed up, but ended up being hacked or scrapped.

I'll have to do a full build thread one day but here's a quick summary of my car and the stuff I've done since owning it.

This is the first picture I ever took of the car, i know its shit, but it shows its sub par condition:

Here is a roller that my friend took that shows the shitty spray painted fender and dented rocker panel etc

The first thing I did was rip out the thrashed interior and replace the carpet, dash and shit bezel. I really wish that i took pictures of how bad the interior was before, but I wanted that trash gone so quick I forgot to take pics

Unfortunately the dash wasn't perfect, had a few hairline cracks.

OK skipping a while ahead and approx. 8 months of body work in between class I started the painting process:

I didn't have the time to paint the whole car start to finish in one go, so paint has been taking quite a while, but here's a pic in primer

In the meantime I've been slowly picking away at the interior. I got a damn near perfect dash, a digital cluster, and I fabbed up some seat rails for 300zx seats. I've heard mentions of people putting 300zx seats into s13's on zilvia and nico like 10+ years ago but any links are long dead. I believe these are the only pics of this conversion out there:

This past week I finally started putting down the color. I'M using HoK KBC-11 brandywine over BC-12 zenth gold. I've only done the jambs for now but I think the color is amazing. Its crazy deep; a bright red in the sun, burgundy in the shade and almost black at night:

I tried to keep it pretty brief, but I plan on making this into a full build thread one day lol

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #43
gzus9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome thread. I picked this thing up for a cheap price which seemed to be in rough shape but as I went through it turned out to be a great purchase. I was hoping the original color was red but it turned out the original color was gray so thats what I decided to paint it. The interior is also complete now and will start focusing on doing 5 speed swap. For now im enjoying it how it is.

gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #44
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
In the meantime I've been slowly picking away at the interior. I got a damn near perfect dash, a digital cluster, and I fabbed up some seat rails for 300zx seats. I've heard mentions of people putting 300zx seats into s13's on zilvia and nico like 10+ years ago but any links are long dead. I believe these are the only pics of this conversion out there:
Awesome! The Z32 seats look like a factory option in there lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzus9 View Post
Awesome thread. I picked this thing up for a cheap price which seemed to be in rough shape but as I went through it turned out to be a great purchase. I was hoping the original color was red but it turned out the original color was gray so thats what I decided to paint it. The interior is also complete now and will start focusing on doing 5 speed swap. For now im enjoying it how it is.
Dude I love seeing shit like this. The car really looks like you brought it back from the brink. Good job! I was lucky enough to find some OEM teardrops here but I really want the wheels you have as well.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:36 PM   #45
gzus9
Leaky Injector

gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude I love seeing shit like this. The car really looks like you brought it back from the brink. Good job! I was lucky enough to find some OEM teardrops here but I really want the wheels you have as well.
Thanks, these are just caps but Im looking for the hub caps that are pictured above when this car was red but it was missing two of them so Im still on the hunt. My plans are OEM+ but im not sure if i want to roll the quarter panels lol
Old 07-25-2019, 06:41 AM   #46
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Anyone else have any cars? As close to original as you can be.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #47
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Does this count?
Oem navan aero with a yaj front lip
dmax tsuparri trunk
gpsports rep roof wing
Upgarage Upspec coilovers
Gram light 57s 4 lug 17x8/9
Paint and bodywork soon hopefully

there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.

Last edited by blksylv; 07-26-2019 at 04:44 AM..
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:14 PM   #48
ch7794

ch7794 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man this is a perfect thread! My goals are to keep as many oem parts on mine as I can with tasteful mods here and there. As of right now it is almost bone stock apart from the radio.

Just for reference here is my setup just to check fitment on stock body. 18x9.5 +15F 18x10.5 +12R could maybe get away with a fender roll on these but I'll probably go with a 9.5 rear lol

ch7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #49
Walkerbondd
Leaky Injector

Walkerbondd is an unknown quantity at this point
s14

Great thread! absolutely loving the people coming out of the woodworks from all around the world to show their unmolested 240s. My S14 was the first car I ever owned, as a teenager owning one of these cars, people ask me damn near everyday "When are you going to Kouki it? When are you going to widebody it?" Personally, I love the oem+ look of these cars, they are timeless. The car is now staying at home as I head off to college..

Here is mine, Started off as a single, old man owned, stock 5 speed.

And here she is after a couple of years of tinkering around and replacing bits here and there.

Religious maintenance both from me and the previous owner
Tein Flex Z coilovers
ISR Pro suspension arms all the way around
Poly bushings where they were needed
HKS Hi Power Titanium catback
Walkerbondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #50
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Back in 2007:

This was one of the earlier stages of my car and probably my favorite..before I started doing stupid stuff like slamming it on the ground with super stiff coilovers and ripping out all of the fender liners/splash shields. It just had 2" drop springs, sway bars, z32 TT wheels, Q45 brake upgrade, JDM aero and a reliable ka-t setup putting down 270whp. It was such a fun and easy car to drive.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #51
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Maybe i'm in the same boat as a couple others, my car is more of an OEM+ body/suspension/wheel wise, but the modified/shaved/tucked engine bay/cage is meant to be deceiving from the outside look... even though i've been bashed a little for painting a non two-tone, factory two-tone colors.

Simple/Clean/90's is the style i like.

**stock body rolled fenders and ever so slight pull**
dorki dori- v1 skirts, v1 coupe valances
casale designs- sr style lip

**wheels**
Panasport G7 C5C
front, 17x8 unknown offset
rear, 17x9.5 unknown offset

**Coilovers** Dmax super streets, fronts have 326power springs.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #52
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Stockbody S13 hatch with exception of silvia front end.
Lowered on Tein Master Flex coilovers with Swift springs
Tein tension arms
Panasport G7 C5C 17x9 +28 (square)
Federal RSR 215/40 front 215/45 rear
Kouki tails

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:13 AM   #53
samotage
BANNED

The two tone is awesome! Loving it all, awesome cars in this thread.

Here in Australia, we have retard cops whom get ticket excited about engine mods etc, so understated original style with a little flair is the kind of thing we have to do.

Well executed, it preserves these cars really well.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:07 AM   #54
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Back in 2007:

This was one of the earlier stages of my car and probably my favorite..before I started doing stupid stuff like slamming it on the ground with super stiff coilovers and ripping out all of the fender liners/splash shields. It just had 2" drop springs, sway bars, z32 TT wheels, Q45 brake upgrade, JDM aero and a reliable ka-t setup putting down 270whp. It was such a fun and easy car to drive.
This was probably perfect to drive.
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:07 AM   #55
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
Maybe i'm in the same boat as a couple others, my car is more of an OEM+ even though i've been bashed a little for painting a non two-tone, factory two-tone colors.

Simple/Clean/90's is the style i like.
Super, your car is on point. Dare I say I'm planning to do the same with my coupe
Old 07-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #56
Kem Poyner

Kem Poyner is an unknown quantity at this point
Super_OK_S13 I can't quit looking at your ride....its perfect!
Old 07-31-2019, 02:03 PM   #57
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

1989 Q's
Rear Upper Control Arms (RUCA)
Coilovers (Feal 441+)
16x8.0+0 RS Watanabe R-Type
Fenders Rolled

dizzariot this is perfect man! The definition of K.I.S.S. right here. Makes me regret going batshit crazy on my coupe. Post some more pics of this beauty.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #58
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to burtonrida133
My dad bought it new in the fall of 1994 and gave it to me when I turned 16. 150,XXX miles on the chasis.

Nismo 270r front bumper, stock fenders, no pull, kouki side skirts and rear bumper, Silvia grille, OEM Euro glass headlights, Laguna Seca Blue BMW paint
18x9 squared

Old 08-02-2019, 12:13 AM   #59
gzus9
Leaky Injector

Picked this thing up, overall the car is in really good shape. 1992 Base model.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:27 AM   #60
dizzariot
Post Whore!

gzus9 I'm super jealous! Original cars man, shit. Even here in Japan I sometimes think the 'stock' cars don't stack up to clean CA finds.