Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 04-13-2022, 08:11 PM   #1
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
1991 Nissan 240sx FB - Clean Title - No Rust - WTF PAINT - Grime Machine - $5,500

*********** SOLD SOLD SOLD ************

Important things first:

PRICE
: $5,500 OBO. Yes, this is a 2k car 5 years ago. I hate the price gouging going on. But today... finding a real running, rust free, clean title s-chassis in ANY condition for under 6-7 is a pretty good pickup.

So, I am going to do what most in the scene don't - and be super transparent here.

I have owned s-chassis (5 total) since 2004. Many differing conditions. To put it lightly, I love them and have been here thru many phases of the scene.

This particular car has a few really great / strong points, but also needs some stuff to be "nice" by any standard.

The Good:

+ Clean Title

+ No Rust Outside of VERY Light Surface Rust

+ Hatch Doesn't Leak

+ Straight body, NO body filler! Exciting, yeah?

+ Coilovers, though not sure what brand, former owner said they were cheap

+ Ka24de, supposedly rebuilt 5k miles ago but I cannot verify that / did not receive paperwork

+ Catback. Cool noises.

+ Slicktop

+ Tomei Shift Knob. Darn Right I am listing this as a positive. Ha.

+ Runs!

+ Last owner replaced gauges with rainbow lit white face guages. Kind of cool.

+ 5 Speed

The Meh:

+ Knockoff 15x8 low offset (+15 or +0, can't remember specifically) wheels. Good condition, but I don't consider this a plus because #knockoffwheels

+ Car idles rough. I am not 100% why, but the gas is a year old - so that's my initial guess. Runs strong though, I drove the car from Atlanta to Jax with only 1 stop for gas and it did amazing. I have only driven the car twice since I bought it a year ago in Atlanta, will explain more below.

+ Open diff. Good and bad today, IMO. Good because welded are meh for some people, and the car hasn?t been thrashed with drifting with the stock open! Yay!

+ The tire blew out (part of the reason I haven't drive it) on the way to get it painted. Unless you have some 4 lug wheels and tires, I would consider towing this as I don't plan on buying a couple tires for this.

+ Driver seat has some random racing harness. Not sure brand, so I won't list it as a positive haha.

+ 4 Lug. I actually kind of prefer it on a s13, as the old school wheels are usually easier availably in 4x114 (Sa3r, watanabe, SSR mesh, etc).

The Bad / Ugly:

- The paint. This car was originally an Alabama car, before the buyer in Atlanta bought it. I don't know who did this to the paint, but someone, as you can see, elected to... primer spray half the car. I am not sure if the 2 tone was intentional (LOL please no) or if they just realized way too late what a poor decision that was. To make it worse, the white paint (stock white color) underneath is... pretty decent. You can see it where the primer has peeled away. Oh well.

- The hood and roof paint is a whole other WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE kind of thing. The hood is spray painted black. Someone then tried to sand that with... what appears to be steel wool (in one spot) and realized they were stuck with god awful spray paint black hood (please don't ever spray paint your car, don't be that guy). Bonus here, overspray on the headlight covers. Yay. The roof is some kind of flake black. It's the only part that actually looks... kind of ok. Not great, but passable.

- No A/C , leaky / poor working P/S. For some reason, this has become a rarity to have either of these in the s-chassis world. Not sure why. But this one suffers too.

- Interior is there, but it is TRASH. The stock s13 seats are still there in all their glory. The drivers seat is ripped on the bolster area, pretty bad. The power seatbelts still work. The carpet and all is dirty, I have cleaned it the best I can but it needs a severe detailing or replacement IMO. Backseats are super dirty.

- Tachometer doesn't work. The rainbow light gauges they made look sick... but the tachometer doesn't work. I think the rest all do, from memory.

- Small / medium dents in a few places. Nothing too serious, pretty straight body as I alluded to prior. The roof has a few dents, was quoted $300 from a PDR guy FWIW. Nothing crazy bad or deep. Back bumper has a medium dent on the passenger side, but it's so light you can't really see it even in the pictures.

- Cracked dash. Shouldn't even list this as it's pretty much a guarantee, but again - transparency.

- Battery is probably dead / old. I had to jump it. Unsure if it is bad, as I haven't driven the car in around a year, and haven't started it until I decided to sell it on April 7 for a few months and I had to jump the battery.

- Nissan emblem missing off front Chuki bumper LOL. Weight savings, amirite?

- Windshield is cracked. Medium length. Gives that authentic mad max look.

BONUS:

I will throw in some random parts and all for a perspective buyer. Have some stuff that I just won't need when it's sold.

Oh... this isn't so bad. I mean, whoever painted this should be banned from cars - but other than that... pretty cool shot though... great photographer!

Hmmm.... well... looks a bit worse, but still overall cool. I mean, #RepWheels is lame, but you know. #SaveMoney I guess.

That looks a bit... well worn... ok...

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FLYING %^&&

Oh geez... that Tomei shift knob IS nice... he is right!

Thankfully... this last picture isn't all that bad. Decent setup!

__________________________________________________ _____

Some may be wondering "why sell" or "why haven't you driven it more". Truth is, I am caring for my sick mother who is now battling for her life. I thought I would have more time to complete this project, but simply didn't. When I bought the car, she was in remission. But since then, her cancer has come back - and this is just a bit too deep for me at the moment to keep working on. By the way, if anybody here would like to donate to her GoFundMe, please let me know privately and I can provide a link. Would be a massive help!

So yeah. That's the deal.

I am fine with offers, will consider anything reasonable. I am not trying to get crazy here with today's pricing by any means. I think it is relatively fair but am willing to hear offers.

Private message me on here / post in this thread for quickest response. Thanks.

Here is a video of the car running from last week

https://youtu.be/lMfpQYAXBZk

And all pics and videos were literally last week, not like how some people upload pics / vids from the last decade in their sale ads.

I am happy to be open and honest about this car, so please don't hesitate to ask. Willing to do facetime if you are traveling for the car, before you set up a trailer or whatever and waste time.

Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 04-27-2022 at 08:22 AM..
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Love this ad. Wishing you luck with your sale and my thoughts are with your family.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:18 PM   #3
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Location??
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #4
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Location??
North East Florida. Jacksonville area.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:49 AM   #5
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Too bad I don't live in florida any more or I would consider this in a serious aspect
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:46 PM   #6
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

After nearly 200 messages in a weeks time, this car is gone. Fair deal and all. Screw price gouging! Keep s-chassis and drifting alive for the youth!