Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #91
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

I'm into drifting. 3 or 4 years ago, PBM was all the rage. I fell into the hype, bought their coils, arms, subframe risers the whole nine yards.
Only to have all that bullshit flipped on it's head when Naoki, grass roots drifter put everything we thought we knew about drifting on its head.

Dude slays formula d drivers in 600hp cars with all of the leading edge suspension mods on the most technical courses. But he does this with the fabled 15+ year old suspension and tuning you're downplaying.
Im not going to detract from his ability in that car. Nor am I going to detract from anyone's driving on the west coast. But I wasn't terribly impressed when I saw that event at Grange. That being said, we all have the potential to drive like he does on a dusty 2nd gear track like Grange, Sonoma Sportsland and Balcony in similar cars.

I also wish to make a little note about US drift culture where people overbuild cars beyond what their abilities require. Not saying that anyone in particular is guilty of that, but only wish to point it out.

What separates us from guys like Nakumura-san is seat time.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #92
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Im not going to detract from his ability in that car. Nor am I going to detract from anyone's driving on the west coast. But I wasn't terribly impressed when I saw that event at Grange. That being said, we all have the potential to drive like he does on a dusty 2nd gear track like Grange, Sonoma Sportsland and Balcony in similar cars.

I also wish to make a little note about US drift culture where people overbuild cars beyond what their abilities require. Not saying that anyone in particular is guilty of that, but only wish to point it out.

What separates us from guys like Nakumura-san is seat time.
haha you could probably put in 10,000 hours of seat time and will never get close to his level of skill
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #93
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I wasn't terribly impressed when I saw that event at Grange.
You blind or just blind?
Old 12-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #94
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Edit.

Homie is blind.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #95
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Edit.
Homie is blind.

Top photo is a 3-4th gear course.
Bottom photo was the skidpad where we test out changes in our setups.
Neither are dusty go kart tracks.

If you're getting at the aesthetics, I'm not into slammed cars or obnoxious body kits. Wheel color wasn't my cup of tea either, but that's what my powdercoat sponsor wanted to do.

What I am into is drivability and challenging myself. If you looked at the thread where you pulled those pics you'll also see these pics.

Do you know what that teal hatch chasing me is? Thats the car that became the DeathKart, which was ~450HP 1JZ in this iteration. Mike Perez is no slouch of a driver.

My coupe had a near stock S15 SR20 around a course that is 3rd-4th gear, in a car with stock knuckles (just rack spacers and extended lower control arms). We put on an awesome show that day. I'm not saying that I'm an all-star or anything, but I definitely don't care to hype myself up or brag when something exciting happens. It's irrelevant to being a good driver.

Ya'll hype boys need to calm down and get your skills up. Les bickering and more driving. We can all be as good as our JDM heroes with enough seat time. Maybe not you Zar, you seem to run your mouth/keyboard more than you run the circuit.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #96
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
blah blah blah
Fuck out of here with all that.

Your car is ugly as fuck.

Your sponsor likes ugly as fuck things

Get on Naoki's level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HA-JP5e8NU
Old 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #97
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
blah blah blah
P.S.

Suck my dick from the back.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #98
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Fuck out of here with all that.
Haha. A video where you're not even driving, how cute!

Quote:
Zar, you seem to run your mouth/keyboard more than you run the circuit.

I don't care about Nakamura-san, how about you show me where your level is at baby boy? Where in Canada are you? We should meet at an event next season and see where our skills stack up. I'll gladly come to your home track. Pick your favorite 2nd gear oval/infield.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #99
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
All I asked was if anyone here still runs mostly exclusively jdm parts and this whole debate comes up lol

On another note I dunno why people love fortune cookie auto coils.

Dg5>
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #100
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
talking all that good shit
Sorry. My car is only allowed near cars which don't look like skittles.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #101
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Sorry. My car is only allowed near cars which don't look like skittles.
The geriatric home called, they'd like their nurse's boat back please. On a real note though, you are literally the kind of person I said I dislike in this thread. You aren't as cool as you think you are hotboi. I'm glad someone got a pic of your car where you actually managed to drift it. Also, what kind of cut rate event allows people on track without SA2010 helmets? You look like a muppet with that gaudy chrome bulb on your head.

Is that how you reflect your ego to get everyone to think you're good at this? Or is it a radar to potentially attract you a boyfriend?
Old 12-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #102
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
more blah blah blah

(=
Old 12-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #103
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

drake motivational quotes? i'll drink to the death of your manhood. =)
Old 12-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #104
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
All I asked was if anyone here still runs mostly exclusively jdm parts and this whole debate comes up lol

On another note I dunno why people love fortune cookie auto coils.

Dg5>
This is why I say you fancy yourself a purist. Have you used either? Have you ever used one? Or are you just nutswinging DG5 because they have history?

Back to Abo-Moon.

Wanna know who else drifts with them? Feel old yet?

ISTVYBVTTFVCKING
Old 12-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #105
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
jesus this thread is giving me cancer. thanks zilvia.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #106
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Lol trashing Naoki and Super D. Go away
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #107
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
drake motivational quotes? i'll drink to the death of your manhood. =)
The only thing shittier than your clapbacks, is your car.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #108
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
This is why I say you fancy yourself a purist. Have you used either? Have you ever used one? Or are you just nutswinging DG5 because they have history?
Why u so mad that I prefer dg5 over some shit budget American brand. I only have experience with dg5 but not red neck auto cause I wouldn't dip in that booshiet
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #109
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Why u so mad that I prefer dg5 over some shit budget American brand. I only have experience with dg5 but not red neck auto cause I wouldn't dip in that booshiet
Dude are there any purists in this world anymore? Or are you the Last Purist. Gosh you're so pure. So God damn Japanese. Your sweat probably smells like udon.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #110
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
As said already by a few, Japanese sourced parts don't ensure quality - especially these days and paying for it to make it to our shores can sometimes price it out. E-commerce has done a lot to down sizing this planet and that ease of mfg. sourcing has translated to lower priced parts all over though. A lot of that "quality" is built in the very same practice as the "junk" so it can be tough to justify/identify what makes something "better" than another. Obviously there are clear examples of where they're different.

Either way, I think the "purist" we're trying to label here is a late 90's / early 2000's group that did not have the ease of access to information (sourcing) that we have now. We're still out there though (believing I'm probably in this group) and do more lurking than posting simply b/c a newer generation seems more interested in what time it is; not how the clock is made. Who knows, who cares. You either do it for you or the wrong reason.

Sheesh, I have posted anything A WHILE....

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #111
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Top photo is a 3-4th gear course.
Bottom photo was the skidpad where we test out changes in our setups.
Neither are dusty go kart tracks.

If you're getting at the aesthetics, I'm not into slammed cars or obnoxious body kits. Wheel color wasn't my cup of tea either, but that's what my powdercoat sponsor wanted to do.

What I am into is drivability and challenging myself. If you looked at the thread where you pulled those pics you'll also see these pics.

Do you know what that teal hatch chasing me is? Thats the car that became the DeathKart, which was ~450HP 1JZ in this iteration. Mike Perez is no slouch of a driver.

My coupe had a near stock S15 SR20 around a course that is 3rd-4th gear, in a car with stock knuckles (just rack spacers and extended lower control arms). We put on an awesome show that day. I'm not saying that I'm an all-star or anything, but I definitely don't care to hype myself up or brag when something exciting happens. It's irrelevant to being a good driver.

Ya'll hype boys need to calm down and get your skills up. Les bickering and more driving. We can all be as good as our JDM heroes with enough seat time. Maybe not you Zar, you seem to run your mouth/keyboard more than you run the circuit.
I'm not sure who mike prez is but he sure did build a huge piece of shit

Quote:
The geriatric home called, they'd like their nurse's boat back please. On a real note though, you are literally the kind of person I said I dislike in this thread. You aren't as cool as you think you are hotboi. I'm glad someone got a pic of your car where you actually managed to drift it. Also, what kind of cut rate event allows people on track without SA2010 helmets? You look like a muppet with that gaudy chrome bulb on your head.

Is that how you reflect your ego to get everyone to think you're good at this? Or is it a radar to potentially attract you a boyfriend?
You do bicker a lot for someone whose too busy on the track in 4th gear rocking SA42069 helmets
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #112
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
which helmet do yall recommend wearing while on the short bus?
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #113
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^Bicycle all day bro
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #114
yunglinguine

yunglinguine is an unknown quantity at this point
Define purist

yunglinguine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #115
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunglinguine View Post
Define purist

Quote:
*Hand up in the air*

Though this is because my car wasn't sold here so...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #116
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3BEWBZ View Post
Lol trashing Naoki and Super D. Go away
I openly stated that I don't wish to detract anything from anyone's ability to drive. I have respect for Nakamura's abilities as a driver.

The concept of Super D is cool, but the track choice was lack-luster imho. That's really all i have to say about it lol.

Quote:
The only thing shittier than your clapbacks, is your car.
Haha whatever you say man. I genuinely hope we cross paths some day, it will be interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinphan View Post
haha you could probably put in 10,000 hours of seat time and will never get close to his level of skill.

You do bicker a lot for someone whose too busy on the track in 4th gear rocking SA42069 helmets

Probably not lol As I'm sure you're aware, there aren't so many opportunities for grassroots tendem competition events here in the northeast. I would have gone to Lock City this weekend and then gone snowboarding the day after if they didn't cancel the event :/ Me and a few buddies were all ready for a nice weekend trip.

You should come to NJ for Slayride! $160 for a single day pass, $265 for a two day pass. We all signed up for Sunday, but I might end up being able to do both days if my Saturday appointment can't make it to my shop.

I just realllly don't like Zar. I have no respect for people like him. If you look up nutswing in urban dictionary it's a picture of him in the chrome scuba helmet.

Quote:
DG5 is cool and all, but support/repairs for those units are damn near non-existent. You could send them to Feal for a rebuild, but as far as I'm aware thats really one of the only places than can rebuild those JDM brands not offered in this market.

Having support for a product direct from it's manufacturer is a big deal for alot of people, especially guys which short service intervals. I have Blitz ZZ-R's on my current car and although they're on the west coast, I can get replacement cartridges direct from either FR-Sport or Blitz NA HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude are there any purists in this world anymore? Or are you the Last Purist. Gosh you're so pure. So God damn Japanese. Your sweat probably smells like udon.
LOL $10 bux says he has a hentai girl sticker somewhere on his car

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 12-13-2017 at 11:54 AM..
Old 12-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #117
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Christ

IDK what the fuck happened here but trashing Super D is something that someone should definitely not do if they would like to be taken seriously. I don't think their choice of track has anything at all to do with this thread.

Back to something somewhat on topic I suppose?
I think the reason why people still use chipped ECUs and PowerFCs and the like is because they work. Why reinvent the wheel? I don't think having more options is necessarily a bad thing, I'll likely be going with Nistune myself, but I just don't really understand why things that have been tried and true need to be tried again.

I'd also like to know why it seems like the general assumption of a """"""purist""""" is that they don't drive or have little driving skill lol.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #118
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I know there a lotta hate in this thread, but this is pretty entertaining to read... I am trying to stick to the whole jdm theme at least body wise, but suspension still all UK and US parts...

Either way.... most entertaining thread I have read in zilvia for a long time! and HyperTek came back for a little.... dayum hot s30 there....
Old 12-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #119
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
P.S.

Suck my dick from the back.

LMAAAAAAAOOOO please tell me you listen to Bodega Boys as well?
JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #120
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I put together a fully fledged out AEM Infinity 506 setup for my redtop sr, with an AEM sensor for every engine parameter I could think of ran to the ecu. Failsafes for everything, with a custom built harness to suit from wiring specialties.
Over 800 for the custom harness, 1200+ for the ecu, and over 1200 in just the additional sensors.
3200 bucks for the baddest standalone setup I could put together myself, all to run like 400hp...

Then I went to Super D; came home and sold that entire setup because I can do the same thing (and have) with a simple RS Enthalpy ROM tune and it ran perfectly fine, and i'd have 2400 dollars left over for whatever the fuck else.

Just because there's newer, better stuff out there, doesn't mean its the "best" option. At least not for a car that's sole purpose was to go have fun drifting. Stick with what works the best for the money.
But still, throw SAFC's in the trash.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote