Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
MikeyB5S4

Trader Rating: (0)
MikeyB5S4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe, S13 Silvia SR20

1991 240sx Coupe, Silvia SR20, 5 Speed.
*Salvage Title* I have had no problems registering or insuring. Insurance cost me about 40$ a month. Smogged til 2015.

Price Lowered again for quick sale, as of October 12, 2013

96-98 SR20DET Kouki S14 Engine, notchtop (T28 Turbo), Currently running ~8psi, about 220bhp
(About 120,400km - 74813 miles on engine)
Jim Wolf Tuned ECU
550cc SARD Injectors
MK IV Supra fuel pump
HKS intake
HKS blowoff valve
Apexi Front Mount Intercooler + all piping
Dual Large automatic radiator cooling fans
Ichiba exhaust manifold
Steel braided turbo oil and cooling lines
3" Down Pipe
3" 5zigen Exhaust
Relocated battery to trunk
16-way adjustable Tein HE Coilovers
Front and Rear strut tower braces (No brand, believed to be Cusco
Front tie rods
S15 Helical LSD
Volk Racing GTP 16" wheels 7.5" wide in front 8" wide in back
Full Silvia front conversion
Sparco Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
JDM Style Shift Knob
Short Throw Shifter
Apexi Indiglo Boost Gauge
Apexi Turbo Timer (not hooked up)
KA24DE Gauge cluster (odometer in KM)
Greddy Profec Type-S Boost Controller with on-the-fly Low/High Boost Toggle
Viper Car Alarm
S14 Fixed Seat Belts (Not installed, but included) Car currently has the type of belt that engages when the door is closed.
(No ABS)
Triple HID headlights

FULL DISCLOSURE:
I've been commuting with this car and it's been very reliable. I would not hesitate to take it on a road trip, to the canyons, or just about anywhere. The previous owner (I am the 3rd) got into the habit of disconnecting the battery when he'd park it for long periods, stating that something was potentially draining the battery while the car was off. While I never hunted down this issue, I did the same thing, and it's started up every time I'd reconnect the battery.
Front bumper has a paint chip (shown in photos), and some other markings. It's not massive, but it's there.

Gas Mileage: Was getting about 25-26 combination driving while commuting. Regularly saw over 300 miles a tank.

I have a set of Hawk HPS that will be included.

I noticed recently that the radiator fans were not turning on when the car was getting hot. It was only apparent because the car was idling while I was taking photos, but not sure what it is exactly. When I drove it, never had a problem, and I even drove it in traffic on a hot day. However, I have lowered the price again to reflect this.

Overall, this car is very fun to drive, and quite quick. A/C has been removed, as well as the radio and rear seats. Still has buttery power steering (not sure why people remove power steering). This weight savings allowed the car to be slightly lighter than most, and never had a problem having fun around corners, both with grip and forcing oversteer. Clutch engages perfectly, transmission shifts smooth, boost comes on strong and makes a great sound. Adjust the 'high boost' setting, and toggle it on-the-fly for instant power increase. I never turned the boost past 10-12psi (I left it on "low" setting) but at this level, the car really pulls. Turbo spools and boost without issue. Suspension is tight, corners flat, responsive steering, and when you want to have a little fun, it's very easy to toss the car, though admittedly, it spent most of it's time commuting and cornering.

Interior could use a seat upgrade, but for what it is, it worked fine for me. Seats have seen better days, have some tears, but have recently been shampooed. Dashboard is cracked, which is sadly common. It does, however have a HUD, but alas, that also isnt functioning. Sunroof opens and closes without issue.

Engine-wise and driving-wise, I have had zero issues with the car. Commuting was easy, and just putting gas in it and regularly keeping an eye on it had me smiling. It does turn heads and I've gotten many compliments on it. I have another car, and havent been driving the 240 much lately, but I took it out recently while taking photos, and had a few second thoughts about selling it, but it's time to give this car a good home where someone can enjoy it.

I am accepting offers and am VERY motivated to sell, but I am in no hurry. No trades, please. Cash talks. -=* Make an offer *=-.

PLEASE NOTE: All emails will be swiftly responded to (rigwiggler at gmail dot com), provided you supply a phone number. I will answer text messages to 310 sixsixsix 5 seven zero 6. I would love to see the car go to a great home!

I am rather new here, and been a lurker for some time. I love this car, but my priorities have changed significantly over the past few months. The car is great, albeit a bit of an impulse buy. I'm happy to say that I've owned this car, but I have an Audi S4 as well... and I love that more.

The 240 is excellent, but it breaks my heart to have a car so nice not seeing the street regularly. It's just time. I can make myself available to show the car any time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silvia_11.jpg (70.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_16.jpg (498.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_14.jpg (67.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_17.jpg (73.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_20.jpg (73.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_19.jpg (61.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_06.jpg (467.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_01.jpg (490.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_13.jpg (477.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_21.jpg (499.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_08.jpg (456.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Silvia_15.jpg (58.1 KB, 40 views)
MikeyB5S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Woah, this thing is rad! Any more info on the title status?
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
MikeyB5S4

Trader Rating: (0)
MikeyB5S4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It was hit on the rear quarter panel, which "salvaged" the car. I wasnt the owner at the time. That's it. Car was repaired (obviously) and back on the road.

And yes, it is very rad.
MikeyB5S4 is offline   Reply With Quote