Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #91
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
the always make it sound like they make their own shit though... idk..
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #92
s14k
Leaky Injector

s14k is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not saying the company sucks all im saying is i was never notified that my stuff was on backorder i had to call 2 weeks later to find out then had to deal with the dickhead in shipping. After talking with logan he straightened everything out and gave me $50 off the brake booster eliminator. Theg got my lines in stock today and should be sending next day or so. I really encourage people to give them a chance. They are a small company only 10 people so mass production is a little tough. They should hire more people though and get rid of the shitty suppliers they have.
s14k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #93
GrimDrifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GrimDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GrimDrifter Send a message via Yahoo to GrimDrifter
I've ordered a simple part 5 weeks ago and have not received said item. I beleive it is a common part and I've wrote several emails and tried to contact them over and over. It sucks that they have nice parts on their website, and I've eventually gotten everything else I've ordered from them but to just blatantly ignore me over and over again.... Even if they said hey we're having problems, or the pafrt is on back order, or anything at this point would be better than what it is now. Important fairly close to calling my CC company and put in for a dispute for said item. I could have ordered it somewhere else and probably should have.
GrimDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #94
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Does anyone have experience ordering custom wires from them for battery relocation, etc? Was looking into getting two 4Ga lines... But I don't want to wait forever.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #95
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
From what I've seen, if you aren't one of the major names, you get thrown to the back of the line.
Ya, this has always been chase's deal; if it's not for a magazine or you're not one of his boys, he's not in a hurry. I know someone that ordered a harness from him; 8 months later, still nothing, meanwhile he's posting on forums and other stupid shit.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #96
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Does anyone have experience ordering custom wires from them for battery relocation, etc? Was looking into getting two 4Ga lines... But I don't want to wait forever.
You do realize you can just go to your local audio store, like me, and buy the 4 gauge by the foot. If it's like the stuff I carry(IXOS) it will be even higher quality anyway. Then simply buy the crimp-on o-rings from the same audio store. This way you can cut it to the exact length you desire and then crimp on the ends. Let me know if you need some 4 gauge... 1,862 solid copper strands, each strand individually zinc plated, very high current flow and very, very flexible.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #97
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Hope Chase Bays improves their customer relations, because I would like to order their brake/clutch master cylinder setup this week.
Is anyone on here using it?

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #98
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Hope Chase Bays improves their customer relations, because I would like to order their brake/clutch master cylinder setup this week.
Is anyone on here using it?
Though I've run that BMC in the past without an issue (and due to much ignorance), a few friends that track their cars with that setup absolutely HATE it. Popping pistons in them frequently. Plus, with a single piston BMC, that is BEYOND dangerous if you ever blow a line or pop the piston. At least get a dual piston BMC or two separate single piston BMC setup.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #99
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
That sounds like I would rather just keep the brake booster. Perhaps I will turn it upside down and run vacuum hose through the cabin.

However, does anyone offer a 'tucked' brake line kit that can be used with the stock BMC and rear brake bias valve?

Last edited by Matej; 05-22-2012 at 01:38 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #100
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The bigger problem here then is about consistency. You can't please everybody, but you can at least try to.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #101
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
That sounds like I would rather just keep the brake booster. Perhaps I will turn it upside down and run vacuum hose through the cabin.

However, does anyone offer a 'tucked' brake line kit that can be used with the stock BMC and rear brake bias valve?
You can do it yourself and you will learn a lot along the way. If you want braided line, just buy a bunch of the appropriate line, get the proper fittings for that line, and go to town. For example, I have only used Earls in the past to build brake lines, so you need Speed Flex hose and Speed Seal fittings. Obviously it's a bit more expensive to use the braid versus hardline, but you have the added benefit of not having to buy tools AND you don't to bend and flare the hard line.
Wilwood does make a dual piston BMC and they also have a pedal setup with two single-piston BMCs for front and rear activation; both of these setups are a safer option if you're wanting an aftermarket BMC. Alternatively, you can run banjos off your stock BMC, maybe sand/machine off all the raised lettering to make it look all "cool" or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
The bigger problem here then is about consistency. You can't please everybody, but you can at least try to.
Chase has been getting these sort of complaints for a few years now (re: dude not getting harness for 8 months). He's not even trying at this point.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #102
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
Wilwood does make a dual piston BMC and they also have a pedal setup with two single-piston BMCs for front and rear activation; both of these setups are a safer option if you're wanting an aftermarket BMC.
Is it the same dual piston Wilwood that Chase Bays uses?
Chase Bays Brake Booster Eliminator w/ Dual Outlet Master Cylinder - Universal - ChaseBays.com

On their website it says that the 1" bore is not recommended for a 240SX. However, if I will be running bigger brakes, will it be fine? I know that many people switch to the 1" and 17/16" 300ZX BMC's when upgrading to Z32 or bigger brakes. Also, are the Wilwood master cylinders valved differently, so as not to require as much pedal effort as the factory cylinder would without the brake booster?

Is the OEM BMC dual or triple piston? On the Wilwood I would need to tee the front brakes off the first chamber. Does the stock setup tee both front brakes off the same chamber (just internally instead of externally), or does it actually feature a separate chamber for each line?

Perhaps I should have started a new topic for this. My apologies for cluttering up the thread.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #103
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:

As Beejis60 said, you can make them yourself. If you aren't up for that, Suspicious Garage makes a kit and you can buy it from AceUp Motorsports. I'm running it and have had absolutely no problems
Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #104
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Is it the same dual piston Wilwood that Chase Bays uses?
Chase Bays Brake Booster Eliminator w/ Dual Outlet Master Cylinder - Universal - ChaseBays.com

On their website it says that the 1" bore is not recommended for a 240SX. However, if I will be running bigger brakes, will it be fine? I know that many people switch to the 1" and 17/16" 300ZX BMC's when upgrading to Z32 or bigger brakes. Also, are the Wilwood master cylinders valved differently, so as not to require as much pedal effort as the factory cylinder would without the brake booster?

Is the OEM BMC dual or triple piston? On the Wilwood I would need to tee the front brakes off the first chamber. Does the stock setup tee both front brakes off the same chamber (just internally instead of externally), or does it actually feature a separate chamber for each line?

Perhaps I should have started a new topic for this. My apologies for cluttering up the thread.
You have to understand that manual brakes require a smaller diameter BMC than vacuum-assist. Assuming that you ran bigger brakes with a brake booster and you liked that setup, why not just stick with it and run braided lines yourself if you wanna tuck it or whatever? Manual brakes do require more pedal effort so you should have some muscle in your legs or you probably won't like it. My feelings on the shaved/tucked crap is it's just a pain in the ass to fuck with it if anything goes wrong though.
As for the BMC, that's Wilwood product I was speaking of. I would think 1" is feasible if you have eight pistons up front and four in back vs four pistons around the entire car... Plus, do you REALLY want to take advice from Chase at this point if you're already having doubts? I believe I ran 3/4" BMC on a four piston setup (one on each corner) on an 1800lb car and the factory BMC with vacuum-assist was 1", if that helps. Don't remember the piston diameters of my brake calis though.

OEM BMC is a dual piston; never heard of a triple piston bmc, but I'm no super extreme brake expert. As for valving on a BMC, it depends on the car and manufacturer specs; Nissans have the prop valve built in to the BMC so, for example, if you change to Wilwood dual piston BMC, you will have full-on front and rear without an adjustable prop valve inline with the rear line(s).
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #105
speedracer5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
speedracer5 is on the path to ruinspeedracer5 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
bwhahahah faaaaaaaaaaaaaak i should of read this post well atleast it wasnt a harness i ordered and just the powersteering kit. wish me luck guys lol. ordered today 06 20 2012 at around 2:00
Old 06-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #106
speedracer5
Post Whore!

speedracer5 is on the path to ruinspeedracer5 is on the path to ruin
Ill keep update here as well on the p/s when it comes in
Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #107
ShadowDrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (55)
ShadowDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I have the power stearing kit I havn't installed but for people saying it got bad reviews and leakes I have never seen that happen and if its from the fittings put a little sealer up top and you should be fine ( should put sealer anyway even if they are -an fittings)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #108
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
My friend has a car sponsored by them and he told me they had good work. So when I saw their booth at a car show the other day, I had to go speak with em. I chatted with em for a bit and showed one of the guys up there my car a few booths down, he was pretty stoked on it...it's a rarity to find companies that actually care about your project. I ended up buying some products from them they had at the show and got some neat stickers and a lanyard. They seemed knowledgable, interesting, and reasonably intelligent.

They told me to call them when I want the rest of what I need and they'd take care of me...I might take em up on that offer.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #109
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Ordered a 240sx LHD power steering tank relocation kit on 7-15.

Been waiting for over a month now with weekly emails back and forth, still no parts.

Will update after Sept 1st.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #110
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Any other waits? I want to order a S13 sr to s14 chassis harness, and even though I'm 3 months away from returning from deployment, my build can't wait that long for the harness. I need it in about a month. :/
I ordered my harness a few weeks ago regardless of the lead time. I understand things take time, especially quality and sophisticated work like theirs. Would I want it sooner? Of course. Is it going to kill me to wait a week or a month longer, not really. People have to take into consideration these delays/lead times and order these things accordingly. Do not wait until the last minute to get it ordered when you need your car on the road yesterday.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #111
turbociv910
Zilvia Member

turbociv910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah but they tell you 4-6 weeks and takes 10-12. Of course people are going to ask questions.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #112
eastslider

eastslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Chase Bays is a scam in another way

I ordered a s14 SR20 harness from them instead of wiring specialties because it looks 3x better but nothing on it works right a/c doesnt work, temp gauge doesnt work, rpm doesn't work, they wired the loom for the m64 plug wrong so i can't lock it in with the plastic lever..... i wanted a re-fund and they want a 90$ re-stocking fee "15% of the order". Why should i have to pay a re-stocking fee when they wired it all wrong???? I'm so angry and this is b.s. I don't want to get the harness fixed cause I'm gonna be waiting possibly half a year to get it back..... you guys do your self a favor and believe all the negative posts of chasebays. they practically scam me for 90$ "15% of the order" if i choose to get a re-fund.
But i should just give Chasebays another chance because he said he will pay for the shipping of the item but wait for a unknown deadline and they keep taking in new work.....
eastslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #113
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Wrong section. Post a review here...

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/446789-chase-bays.html
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #114
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Fuck chasebays I hope they go out of business soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #115
eastslider

I ordered a s14 SR20 harness from them instead of wiring specialties because it looks 3x better but nothing on it works right a/c doesnt work, temp gauge doesnt work, rpm doesn't work, they wired the loom for the m64 plug wrong so i can't lock it in with the plastic lever headlights surge..... i wanted a re-fund and they want a 90$ re-stocking fee "15% of the order". Why should i have to pay a re-stocking fee when they wired it all wrong???? I'm so angry and this is b.s. I don't want to get the harness fixed cause I'm gonna be waiting possibly half a year to get it back and wire it all in to see what happends..... I asked Justin at chase bays if the A/C will work and he said yes. In the m64 plug none of the 4 A/C related wires are wired up. you guys do your self a favor and believe all the negative posts of chasebays. they practically scam me for 90$ "15% of the order" if i choose to get a re-fund.
But i should just give Chasebays another chance because he said he will pay for the shipping of the item but wait for a unknown deadline and they keep taking in new work.....
Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #116
eastslider

and they also delayed the shipment saying that the harness is being verified.. i wonder what those days went to doing if the RPM's don't even work...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #117
S15slider21

S15slider21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Def go wiring specialties. Awesome work and good Quality
S15slider21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #118
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Wrong section. Post a review here...

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/446789-chase-bays.html
moved and merged with original thread.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #119
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
To give them more of a positive review
I had purchased a harness through a friend and it was a chasebays harness
its never been started.
I haven't started it yet, it will be in January
but I had a few issues with extra plugs and things not matching up but they were great in replying back to my emails and phone calls and made their best effort to help me
sent a plug diagram and layout and even stayed on the phone with me and my friend while we attempted to figure it all out for about an hour or two. Not sure if the harness works yet but from what I'm reading their customer service has deffinetly improved drastically.
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #120
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I ordered my harness a few weeks ago regardless of the lead time. I understand things take time, especially quality and sophisticated work like theirs. Would I want it sooner? Of course. Is it going to kill me to wait a week or a month longer, not really. People have to take into consideration these delays/lead times and order these things accordingly. Do not wait until the last minute to get it ordered when you need your car on the road yesterday.
Wiring specialties sells the fancy loomed harness just like chase bays. And there's are usually pre made and in stock not made to order...