Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #91
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
new wheels look great. im surprised i dont see those more.
Thanks dude they've been discontinued I believe for about the last 2 years? only two distributors in SoCal brought them in so there isn't many sets around in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
Those wheels are beefy! It’s going to look so good with the ride height adjusted. Digging them way more than the VS setup, it’s so clean now.

I completely agree! I didn't want to dump all my money into rebuilding the VS so I thought this set up made more sense.

I'm still on the fence in regards to running a bomex lip and more aggressive skirts but I'm going to try and hold off on any more exterior for a bit
Old 04-05-2019, 08:04 AM   #92
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sick shit. I dig this thread so far.

I just went through hell and back with my KA-T, if you have any questions I will likely have an answer. Feel free to hit my PMs.

Also, I'm glad this thread has made me aware of those wheels. Now I have more fuel for when nerds say Cosmis isn't a rep company, cuz they definitely knocked off those badbois.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #93
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Sick shit. I dig this thread so far.

I just went through hell and back with my KA-T, if you have any questions I will likely have an answer. Feel free to hit my PMs.

Also, I'm glad this thread has made me aware of those wheels. Now I have more fuel for when nerds say Cosmis isn't a rep company, cuz they definitely knocked off those badbois.
Thanks dude I will definitely hit you up for any KA-T trouble shooting.

Cosmis wheels is definitely a rep company most their wheels resemble WORK/Rays wheels alike. I believe the Kids Heart wheels are loosely based from the R32 GT-R
Old 04-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #94
s13poop
Post Whore!

Played with the suspension this weekend and this is the final result.

brakes feel decent for running the stock S13 BMC until I get some Z32 rear calipers
Old 04-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #95
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Another cool mod to consider before you put the KA-T in, get a 4.6 rear end. Just did one on my GF's car this weekend and def woke up the car.

I have one on my KA-T and it's a ROCKET lol

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #96
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Love this. Perfect 80's/90's swag.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #97
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Another cool mod to consider before you put the KA-T in, get a 4.6 rear end. Just did one on my GF's car this weekend and def woke up the car.

Yeah definitely considering this since I know the gearing on the J30 VLSD isn't the best.

can't wait to start building the motor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Love this. Perfect 80's/90's swag.
thanks dude definitely means a lot coming from you
Old 04-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #98
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

I don't wanna threadjack, but for both mine and OP's sake, how fucked does it make your gearing? I'm assuming it makes 3rd much more versatile when drifting, but what about highway cruising in 5th? Also running a KA-T with stock gearbox.

Edit: For the sake of not shitting in poop's build thread (pun semi-intended), I'll comment here, the comment below mine is both wrong and unhelpful.

Last edited by Thursday7; 04-10-2019 at 12:57 PM..
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #99
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I don't wanna threadjack, but for both mine and OP's sake, how fucked does it make your gearing? I'm assuming it makes 3rd much more versatile when drifting, but what about highway cruising in 5th? Also running a KA-T with stock gearbox.
I might be wrong here but iirc the stock open is a 3.9 and the j30 is a 4.1

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #100
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:

Edit: For the sake of not shitting in poop's build thread (pun semi-intended), I'll comment here, the comment below mine is both wrong and unhelpful.
Well it's hard to say what the highway speeds are with the 4.6 are because my speedo isn't calibrated. I'll use the GPS in my phone to come back with some ideas but it feels like it cruises fine so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
Stock open is 4.08 last time I did my research.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:32 PM   #101
teck
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
teck is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
You got them backwards the factory S13 is 4.08 the j30 is a 3.9
teck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:01 PM   #102
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Where did you get that color for your calipers? I was looking to do the same color.

Really love the wheels on your car man. At first I was sad when I noticed you was getting rid of the gold works but the black wheels look killer on your car. Way better than I thought.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #103
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Where did you get that color for your calipers? I was looking to do the same color.

Really love the wheels on your car man. At first I was sad when I noticed you was getting rid of the gold works but the black wheels look killer on your car. Way better than I thought.
I had a friend that does paintwork paint them Brembo gold and just sanded the letters to expose the silver beneath.

Thanks for the kind words about the wheels as well, it was hard to part ways with them but I’m happy with the new setup! Never thought gloss black wheels could totally change the look of the car this much.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #104
s13poop
Post Whore!

Car has been on the back burner for a little but i think it's time to start working on the KA-T set up.

I had a friend stop by and snap some pics after a wash, It's hard for me not to fall in love with this car all over again.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #105
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
So. Damn. Beautiful.

The paint looks absolutely amazing in those pics
Old 11-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #106
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
So. Damn. Beautiful.

The paint looks absolutely amazing in those pics
Thanks man!

The paint is good but I would love to pull out all the windows and fully restore all the seals/ repair anything underneath that needs rust proofing
Old 11-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #107
97street_pearl
Leaky Injector

97street_pearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Both clean beautiful cars!
Old 11-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #108
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hell yeah car is looking good man!!!
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #109
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97street_pearl View Post
Both clean beautiful cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1421 View Post
Hell yeah car is looking good man!!!
Thanks fellas
Old 01-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #110
s13poop
Post Whore!

Small update posts

nothing too interesting but i finally got rid of my stock exhaust because the piping to the muffler decided to rust through

so I pulled the trigger on an HKS sport exhaust

i'm really pleased with the sound, fitment and the price was a steal on black friday

other than I've been replacing worn out interior parts here and there with the help of the nissanparts.cc guys, super stoked these are still available!

as of now this is how she sits, i'm kinda getting bored of the look and want a more aggressive rear spoiler + the addition of a Silvia aero lip

plans for 2020 is to finally start on the KA24DE-T build

and to complete the rear Z32 brake swap
Old 01-10-2020, 12:49 PM   #111
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
this car is very good.

you may continue.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #112
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
this car is very good.

you may continue.
Blessings my good sir
Old 09-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #113
s13poop
Post Whore!

so its been about 8 months since I updated.. life has been crazy since I became a father March of this year

oh yea and then the whole covid thing happening

car is pretty much the same, I was able to snag this rolling shot thanks to my buddy

I did find a used Bomex style aero lip so that will be getting painted/installed soon

still planning on finding and finishing the rear Z32 brake setup and also buying more suspension bits for the front.

I also promise to have some sort of KA-T content before the year ends

hope all of you are well

Last edited by s13poop; 10-08-2020 at 01:51 PM..
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:57 AM   #114
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Normally I'm not a fan of black wheels, but this car pulls them off very well.

Good stuff you have going on here!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #115
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Normally I'm not a fan of black wheels, but this car pulls them off very well.

Good stuff you have going on here!
thank you sir

took me a while to find them so they will stay with the car for a while, I am tempted to get a spare set of wheels to change the look every once in a while though
Old 10-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #116
s13poop
Post Whore!

Finally got my lip back from paint and installed

Voila

yeah yeah I know i got my priorities fucked up the last thing im looking for is an aggresive rear apron/ valence to finish off the exterior

Old 10-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #117
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That two-tone paint looking oh so right and with the black wheels...sensational.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:30 PM   #118
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
That two-tone paint looking oh so right and with the black wheels...sensational.
Thanks brotha much appreciated
Old 10-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #119
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is like the only car with black wheels that I actually like the black wheels.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #120
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
This is like the only car with black wheels that I actually like the black wheels.
haha thanks man

usually gloss black wheels remind people of Motegi racing wheels