Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #2071
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
A normal channel about periodic maintenance sounds super fucking boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
..but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?
"ReV uP yUr EngiNes"

There, I've summoned Scotty Kilmer for ya.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #2072
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
so basically this is a youtube feed curating thread now
Old 02-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #2073
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Sent from my f**k u device.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #2074
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Could give half a shit about YouTube. I barely have enough time to get on here and talk shit to everyone - nevermind sit there and watch people have other people build their stupid investments for 20 minutes at a time.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #2075
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
And has an endless supply of money.

Imagine if someone gave a fuck about their shit as much as he does but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?
I just don't see how that is entertaining at all. So watch a regular joe do regular things at a regular lower-middle class income/pace?
Might as well put a selfie stick on my back and live stream myself to myself and watch myself do my own shit.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #2076
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
How is it entertaining to watch people with endless money do shit you'll never be able to? Is it some weird fetish? I'd rather watch grassroots shit of dudes out there in the local clubs shred together - not some dude sink easily six figures into a S15, get all sorts of sponsorship so his car doesn't have a blank livery, buy a fucking six figure tow rig and STILL managed to get clapped up by a dozen of no-named dudes doing this shit by selling tuggies between practice sessions in the port-o-johns. All this after BUYING into Pro2 - not even earning it.

That's real sick, bruh. I'll tune into that shit all day. @___@
Old 02-21-2020, 03:21 PM   #2077
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
And has an endless supply of money.

Imagine if someone gave a fuck about their shit as much as he does but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?
You'd probably have someone like me with their caged car on jack stands in their shop for the past five years. If I ever finish the car, I'm going to have to take lessons on how to drive the damn thing.

"Hey guys, another video of me not working on my main car but check out these sweet parts I bought for a project I shouldn't have bought. Yeah they're stock but stock is cool."

Donate to my Patreon.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #2078
vasponger

Trader Rating: (0)
vasponger is on the path to ruinvasponger is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rob dahms is decent cause hes actually building something.
vasponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #2079
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
You'd probably have someone like me with their caged car on jack stands in their shop for the past five years. If I ever finish the car, I'm going to have to take lessons on how to drive the damn thing.

"Hey guys, another video of me not working on my main car but check out these sweet parts I bought for a project I shouldn't have bought. Yeah they're stock but stock is cool."

Donate to my Patreon.

just @ me next time.

my $4k paint job, brand new aero, built sr20vet caged car is still on jack stands, but I bought another dumpster pile s13 with a redtop for $1500 just so I could get back to the track some time this decade. Done 2 balcony events since the beginning of the year, and going to HTM this sunday. Someday i'll finish my other car. . . . .

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #2080
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I don’t mean strictly maintenance. Traveling around Japan, driving on cool roads, and then making the videos ‘informational’ for beginners. I said I’d like to be a part of the solution instead of bitching. This is how (I think) I can do it...but who knows.

A lot of y’all have this perversion of rich folks. I don’t get it.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #2081
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
...anyone hear about Sean Morris calling out AdamLZ/Trap Team.

Discuss.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #2082
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This thread has become the the TMZ of the car world.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:07 AM   #2083
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
I admire some of these "youtuber" guys. They make money fucking around, I have to hustle to make my money & I am okay with that.....but if I could make money making videos and building cars for myself with somebody else's money no doubt I would take the gig.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:03 AM   #2084
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...anyone hear about Sean Morris calling out AdamLZ/Trap Team.

Discuss.
He's a cranky attention whore and bootlicker. If he really cared so much about 25-year law he would try to lobby against it, but I guess being a boomer edge lord seemed an easier route to take. Business must be slow if he has time to post 20 times a day about somebody he doesn't even know.

What really ticks me off is people like him act like they have never broken a single law in their lives and then try to shit on other people like they are some sort of authority. Modifying cars is illegal. Jaywalking is illegal. I'm sure he's sped beyond the legal limits on public roadways.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #2085
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
This thread has become the the TMZ of the car world.
Can't argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
He's a cranky attention whore and bootlicker. If he really cared so much about 25-year law he would try to lobby against it, but I guess being a boomer edge lord seemed an easier route to take. Business must be slow if he has time to post 20 times a day about somebody he doesn't even know.

What really ticks me off is people like him act like they have never broken a single law in their lives and then try to shit on other people like they are some sort of authority. Modifying cars is illegal. Jaywalking is illegal. I'm sure he's sped beyond the legal limits on public roadways.
The way he's going off on comments and shit is definitely childish. I do, however, agree with him. Y'all have seen me in the marketplace here.

I don't think he needs the publicity or the money. I think he's made enough doing this stuff the legal way to where he has enough spare time to make this his goal in life. I don't know him, and he's an asshole from what I can tell by my brief interaction with him at Nissan Jam...but he knows what he's talking about.

Can you really say jaywalking is on the same level as selling a $7k car for $20k profit to an unsuspecting buyer..? The argument doesn't need to go to those types of extremes, it doesn't lend to your side, man. Saying he's a bootlicker because he supports ONE law is pretty 'meh'. When these cars are brought in illegally they can never be made legal. The sellers get to make their profits, then leave the buyers with nothing if/when the cars get seized. I know what's coming next: Oh that never happens.

Well it's been a long time coming, and now someone is going to make it their mission in life.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #2086
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Can't argue.

The way he's going off on comments and shit is definitely childish. I do, however, agree with him. Y'all have seen me in the marketplace here.

I don't think he needs the publicity or the money. I think he's made enough doing this stuff the legal way to where he has enough spare time to make this his goal in life. I don't know him, and he's an asshole from what I can tell by my brief interaction with him at Nissan Jam...but he knows what he's talking about.

Can you really say jaywalking is on the same level as selling a $7k car for $20k profit to an unsuspecting buyer..? The argument doesn't need to go to those types of extremes, it doesn't lend to your side, man. Saying he's a bootlicker because he supports ONE law is pretty 'meh'. When these cars are brought in illegally they can never be made legal. The sellers get to make their profits, then leave the buyers with nothing if/when the cars get seized. I know what's coming next: Oh that never happens.

Well it's been a long time coming, and now someone is going to make it their mission in life.
Certainly is a knowledgable fellow. That cannot be argued.

Jaywalking is not on the same level as a felony crime, true. That being said you can't just pick and choose what to follow and then badmouth people for doing the same thing, lol. And quite frankly I don't care if anybody in here agrees with me, it's zilvia. If people did agree with me I'd be a little concerned.

Unsuspecting buyer my ass, it's 2020. Anybody with internet access who says they don't know the legalities is lying through their teeth. A few cars a year get seized, cool, there are thousands upon thousands here and nothing is gonna change that. I don't think they're gonna send the National Guard into Florida any time soon.

Cars brought in illegally aren't permanently screwed. Theoretically when it's legal you should ship it off roro to a non-NA port then ship it back. Just don't get it seized before then.

Owning a basically illegal car isn't for everybody, but just because it isn't something you would do doesn't mean you should harass people and TRY to get them in trouble.

I called Morris a bootlicker for more "ONE law", these are for non-auto related reasons so I don't see hit is as a place to air those grievances. Nice assumption though <3
Old 02-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #2087
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Certainly is a knowledgable fellow. That cannot be argued.

Jaywalking is not on the same level as a felony crime, true. That being said you can't just pick and choose what to follow and then badmouth people for doing the same thing, lol. And quite frankly I don't care if anybody in here agrees with me, it's zilvia. If people did agree with me I'd be a little concerned.

Unsuspecting buyer my ass, it's 2020. Anybody with internet access who says they don't know the legalities is lying through their teeth. A few cars a year get seized, cool, there are thousands upon thousands here and nothing is gonna change that. I don't think they're gonna send the National Guard into Florida any time soon.

Cars brought in illegally aren't permanently screwed. Theoretically when it's legal you should ship it off roro to a non-NA port then ship it back. Just don't get it seized before then.

Owning a basically illegal car isn't for everybody, but just because it isn't something you would do doesn't mean you should harass people and TRY to get them in trouble.

I called Morris a bootlicker for more "ONE law", these are for non-auto related reasons so I don't see hit is as a place to air those grievances. Nice assumption though <3
...but you're still comparing jaywalking to a felony crime. I mean if you're a 100% paragon you can live by your 'all or nothing' take on life...but I'd still argue that having dark tint and a felony crime don't register on the same meter for me.

Theoretically isn't facts. I asked a guy with an auction license here (regularly facilitates sales to base employees and exports cars) and that is not true at all. If it comes in illegal, it stays illegal. He's an expat and he's been doing this for 20+ years.

...and "just don't get it seized" ?

Dude if you got money like that then more power to you. I'm not taking those risks with money invested in a car.

This thread is for agreements, disagreements, and whatever lies in between.

I think that, as part of a 'community' , we should care more about the legalities of these cars coming into the US. These shops/people selling them aren't in it because they love cars. They love money and they could give less fucks about what happens to buyers.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #2088
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I do miss the days when you could import a car and it was only on the owner to get it legally setup for driving in the US...if it wasn't legal then they couldn't register it or properly insure it...to much power is in the fed right now and I don't know if any of you follow the Sema Action Network that discusses a lot of these issues and lobbys for a lot of allowances for us to enjoy our hobby...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #2089
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
Sema Action Network discusses a lot of these issues and lobbys for a lot of allowances for us to enjoy our hobby...
Didnt know about it until you mentioned it (I know about SEMA).

Signed up, sent a message about the RPM act thing.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #2090
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
its funny, I somehow got on their mailing list right after I went to SEMA in 08 and found out a year or so later it wasn't related lol
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:50 AM   #2091
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

Donate to my Patreon.
I work a normal 50-60 hour a week job, still find time to get to my garage with a R32 on one lift and a Euro-spec S14a on another. I have a house, a family, bills, etc. and I still budget to make sure I do some relevant shit to my car every so often. With added revenue, I could just go buy a JZX100 in Japan and start drifting around like these dudes. Don't get me wrong, I can't knock what they're doing. They're literally living the dream. What happens when that shit becomes irrelevant and they grow up and need to figure out a real job that doesn't involve selling T-shirts and straw hats to dick riders?

This is why I'm starting a YouTube with the kids in my garage. If these fucks can do it, I will too. Blogger is in the sig, YouTube coming soon. I don't give a fuck if that's a plug. Go click that shit. Give me your money without spending any of it yourself.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #2092
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Ichi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
This is why I'm starting a YouTube with the kids in my garage. If these fucks can do it, I will too. Blogger is in the sig, YouTube coming soon. I don't give a fuck if that's a plug. Go click that shit. Give me your money without spending any of it yourself.
Youtube success is like any success, there are 100 car channels that aren't making anything for each 1 that make tons of money. It takes a lot of time to film and edit.

Honorable mentions:
Monsta Performance
lonestar lows
Bean Tech Fab
Alex Lindner
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #2093
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

That's why you have a garage with more than one person. Some film, some work, some edit, I collect. :3
Old 02-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #2094
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
This is why I'm starting a YouTube with the kids in my garage.
So basically FGTeeV, but with cars. Hope you can rap.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #2095
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

If it's as easy as half of these morons on the radio, I'll be fine.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #2096
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I met Adam LZ not knowing anything about the whole youtube thing until after...he's a chill dude that likes drifting and he's a good driver.

I feel like half the people in here are those weirdos that hover 10 feet away from you at events and never say a word, then they get home and post about it.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #2097
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I met Adam LZ not knowing anything about the whole youtube thing until after...he's a chill dude that likes drifting and he's a good driver.

I feel like half the people in here are those weirdos that hover 10 feet away from you at events and never say a word, then they get home and post about it.

Except max, max is cool.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #2098
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I just want to watch exhaust sound videos that aren't 18 minutes long. Why do I need to listen to you talk in circles about how excited your are to get the exhaust while you're driving 15 minutes to pick it up? And then when it's finally time to hear the exhaust they play music that sounds like distorted white noise with rhythmic squeaking and some shrunken woman singing. I should have taken a clue when the thumbnail of the video consisted of the dude pointing to his car with his hand over his mouth..I can usually tolerate about 2 minutes of this fuckery before I leave confused and angry. Get your shit together people.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:17 AM   #2099
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I just want to watch exhaust sound videos that aren't 18 minutes long. Why do I need to listen to you talk in circles about how excited your are to get the exhaust while you're driving 15 minutes to pick it up? And then when it's finally time to hear the exhaust they play music that sounds like distorted white noise with rhythmic squeaking and some shrunken woman singing. I should have taken a clue when the thumbnail of the video consisted of the dude pointing to his car with his hand over his mouth..I can usually tolerate about 2 minutes of this fuckery before I leave confused and angry. Get your shit together people.
Because 40 seconds of content doesn't allow you to bank the same as 10-20 minutes of content. There is an algorithm that they have to abide by to make specific tiers of money. While I get this, I also agree. Especially the fuck head something Miata - the Fuckdick kid - from Haggard. While the names there should be alarming, the lisp is even worse. I think I've gone to that extra step of blocking his content from my accounts.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #2100
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Videos 10+ minutes in length can have multiple advertisements. Look at most videos and they'll be 10-11 minutes for this exact reason. Adblock ftw
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote