Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
maXf

Trader Rating: (0)
maXf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
200sx s13 tubs.

Hello, Im new around here, been looking for an s13 hatch for a while now, (Im from europe)

Anyways. I found 1 car that I can afford but, that s13 has tubs.

It has tubs like these. I want to ask the pros and cons of this mod.

Buying the car not for motosport, drifting, etc. Just for daily/weekend car.

Could someone answer me if its a bad mod or can I drive with it with no problems.

Thanks.
maXf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
There shouldn't be any problem driving a car with tubs. Just check to make sure you have clearance when turning the wheel. Give it a test drive.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
S13 front fender wells honestly suck. theyre quite shallow and youll run into clearance issues very quickly when you start running anything wider than a 7.5" wheel and you drop the car. i run 17x8.5 on a 225 upfront and my wheels rub my fender wells.

the tubs will prevent a lot of clearance issues, and they look like they were done properly (especially with the added brackets linking the strut tower to the tubs).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Assuming that that tub job was well done (and it looks like it was from what I can see), you should consider yourself lucky that someone else already did this work for you. It's a bit of a big job.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by maXf View Post
Hello, Im new around here, been looking for an s13 hatch for a while now, (Im from europe)
Anyways. I found 1 car that I can afford but, that s13 has tubs.

It has tubs like these. I want to ask the pros and cons of this mod.
Buying the car not for motosport, drifting, etc. Just for daily/weekend car.
Could someone answer me if its a bad mod or can I drive with it with no problems.
Thanks.
-if the car already has tubs done, please do a thorough inspection to make sure they sealed or painted the area where cutting and welding was done. if they did not properly paint or seal, those areas may rust

- if the wiring harness was relocated or customized, you may run into wiring issues down the road. Wiring is an area where many people take shortcuts and it can be a major headache, trying to sort out a previous owners half-assed "fix"

- as for the actual tubs, the only downside is less space in the engine bay. you may have to relocate the battery to inside the car or in the trunk, or run a much smaller battery. if you don't drift, there is no real NEED for tubs, but if the work was done properly, it should not be a bad thing, unless your country has strict rules for what is allowed to be modified on your car. some countries to not allow such modifications on street cars.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
They're designed for wheel clearances at full lock and keeping debris out of the engine bay. There are pro's and con's but if this is a weekend car and not something that will get beat on regularly, then the con's should mean nothing to you. There is no issue having them there. Check for any modifications to the wiring and worksmanship. If it doesn't look like someone on here did it, buy it.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote