Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-31-2019, 11:50 PM   #1
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
S14 Security Light/Key Fob Help

I’m in the process of getting my bone stock s14 back on the road and I’ve encountered a problem while trying to program my key fob for it. The car is completely untouched, all fuses and relays are accounted for, and the fob is the original fob from my old 95 s14 and I know without a doubt that it works and has a fresh battery.

First, I’ve tried the 3 variants of programming the fob: I close and lock the door, insert and remove the key 6 times(hazards usually blink after 3 or 4), insert key again and turn to acc or on(same results with both), press the lock bottom and the hazards flash, remove key, unlock doors, open and close driver door. I’ve also tried pressing unlock then lock on the master window switch before pressing lock on my fob.

Even though everything does what it should, it won’t program. Originally the security light was always blinking. I made sure both door buttons were functioning, checked the trunk(not sure where the sensor is but the light comes on when I open it and off when I close it. I found that when I zip tied the hood sensor all the way down the light only blinks when the door is open, which leads me to believe that it isn’t getting pushed down far enough by the rubber bumper on the hood. I’ve tried the process again to no avail.

I’m not sure what I’m missing. I can’t find any information on the blinking sequences and their meanings for the security light. Can anyone shed some light and help me get this fob working with this car?

Thank you.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Originally the security light was always blinking.

I’m not sure what I’m missing. I can’t find any information on the blinking sequences and their meanings for the security light. Can anyone shed some light and help me get this fob working with this car?

Thank you.
Was the indicator light blinking every .5 seconds with everything closed? It should only do this when the system is disarmed by the FOB or the key and the door/hood/trunk are opened.

The indicator light will stay solid for 30 seconds when the doors/trunk/hood are closed and the system armed. After that the light will blink every 2.4 seconds.

You can disconnect the hood switch to mimic a closed hood operation. The trunk light switch is different than the trunk cylinder switch used by the alarm system but are still monitored by the Smart Entrance Control unit. However I suspect that these are not responsible for your issues.

Does the remote operate from inside the car? You may need to reference the BF section of the FSM and go through the troubleshooting section of the Multi-Remote Control System and verify that it's not an antennae issue.

So far its sounds like the Smart Entrance Control unit may need replacement.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Was the indicator light blinking every .5 seconds with everything closed? It should only do this when the system is disarmed by the FOB or the key and the door/hood/trunk are opened.

The indicator light will stay solid for 30 seconds when the doors/trunk/hood are closed and the system armed. After that the light will blink every 2.4 seconds.

You can disconnect the hood switch to mimic a closed hood operation. The trunk light switch is different than the trunk cylinder switch used by the alarm system but are still monitored by the Smart Entrance Control unit. However I suspect that these are not responsible for your issues.

Does the remote operate from inside the car? You may need to reference the BF section of the FSM and go through the troubleshooting section of the Multi-Remote Control System and verify that it's not an antennae issue.

So far its sounds like the Smart Entrance Control unit may need replacement.
I'll take a look at that section when I have some free time tonight, thanks!

As of right now the light doesn't blink at all except when the doors are open, at which point it is blinking every .5 seconds. Once I close and lock the doors it doesn't blink at all and the fob doesn't work from outside or inside. Luckily I have a spare chassis I can pull the unit from if need be

Edit: I got it working. Turns out the trunk latch isn't completely latching, so while its holding the trunk lid closed, it isn't telling the smart entrance control that it's closed. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Hoffman5982; 02-14-2019 at 01:51 AM..
Hoffman5982 is offline   Reply With Quote