Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
nice car covers

Hey, It looks like rain here (for once) so I ordered a car cover from pep boys
one of my shopmates has the exact same one already and its super nice quality, waterproof, nice elastic around the edges, and fits over his s13 (with dmax aero) perfectly. covers the aero 100% (if you have a gtwing or larger wing it might not fit as well though, you would need a size D probably

he paid $80 for it, but pep boys has a discount code right now for 25% off

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8964148/01036

(size C fits an s13 hatch very nicely, they have larger or smaller sizes for other vehicles. I ordered a size c for my 240, and a size e for my y34)

discount code is 25pep and its good till 9/21

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I would not use a car cover on a car outside, especially a waterpoof one. These will hold water vapor and grit against your paint and rubber parts will deteriorate or cause mold. I'd use a sun shade in your front and rear windows instead and wash the car regularly.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I would not use a car cover on a car outside, especially a waterpoof one. These will hold water vapor and grit against your paint and rubber parts will deteriorate or cause mold. I'd use a sun shade in your front and rear windows instead and wash the car regularly.
cool, but my car has no paint, no windows or doors right now, its outside on jack stands. cover will be put on while it rains, and then removed afterwards.

my other car gets washed weekly, and will be covered whenever its gonna sit for more than 3-4 days in a row. its not a collector car or trailer queen, so I'm not terribly worried about it.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
That's fine but maybe you should add that to your first post so others don't get the wrong idea. Bottom line is it's not a good idea to cover a nice car with good paint outdoors.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #5
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Good heads up on the discount, I have a oem Lexus GS cover that surprisingly fits s13 very nicely, works great. For short periods of time a car cover is a really nice thing to have
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #6
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
I would be willing to pay decent money for a properly fitted s13 car cover. The universal ones never fit right.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:17 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
I would be willing to pay decent money for a properly fitted s13 car cover. The universal ones never fit right.
i'll get photos of the "size C" one on my friends s13 hatch. he has dmax aero and the cover fits VERY nicely. Covers the aero 100% too

Quote:
Old 09-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #8
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
^ in for pics I wonder how that one would fit on my coupe
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:57 PM   #9
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Same here.

I have random car covers and have wanted to order a snug fitting one for my personal cars (sit indoors). Just don't want to shell out money on something that won't fit to my liking.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:22 PM   #10
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Same here.

I have random car covers and have wanted to order a snug fitting one for my personal cars (sit indoors). Just don't want to shell out money on something that won't fit to my liking.
from searching past threads a lot of people have good things to say about this company

they start at about $126

http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/prod...cover.C78-CCB3
Old 09-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #11
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Is there a market for a premium custom fitted 240sx cover?

It would be made out of highest quality marine grade UV resistant Stamoid vinyl material, with a sewn in soft hydrophobic matrix inner lining, vented, and reinforced elastic shock cord lower skirt.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #12
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If it's at a good price AND it doesn't scratch the paint, I would say that there would be quite a few people interested.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #13
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Just as an addendum to the positive comments made by my friend BRNDCK

Not all waterproof car covers are made the same.. I know this damn well as a 4-year outdoor car cover user (in California where it rains like 6 times a year).. I've had this one particular model for shy under 2 years with zero issues being outdoors for most of those 2 years. Condensation pretty much every morning so it gets plenty wet, so you don't have to worry with using this car cover outdoors at all. Yes my car has paint and yes I wash it regularly too.. This car cover has a composite 3-layer system that allows waterproofing while simultaneously allowing for full moisture evaporation/breathability from the inside most layer to the out most layer. The best part is the elastic hem is as tight and snug as Day #1 (1.5 years ago) and the interior layer hasn't fallen apart into a fine dust (like the shitty Budge car covers)

This is my car cover (SIZE-C Fits FLAWLESSLY without GT-WING) :

After two years of use, I liked this car cover so much that I went out and bought one my new S13 coupe as well :
- Slammed S13 Fastback with full DMAX AERO on the left
- Stock S13 Coupe with factory bumpers on the right

bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #14
s13poop
Post Whore!

looks decent dude but now of course that I want to buy one the website states they are not available
Old 09-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
looks decent dude but now of course that I want to buy one the website states they are not available
yes, it did that to me also. what you need to do is select "pick up in store" and it will show as available (you must select a local store first)

Quote:
Old 09-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #16
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
yes, it did that to me also. what you need to do is select "pick up in store" and it will show as available (you must select a local store first)
OR Just click "Ship to Home" Either way works!
bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #17
s13poop
Post Whore!

hahaha thanks guys
Old 02-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #18
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Costco has a good one for $40 l, size C came with bag and rope/clips. I like it, fits good and doesn’t scratch. Not 100% water proof however.