Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
Clubvoid

Trader Rating: (0)
Clubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RS13 200SX -Club Void-

Hey,
I'm Viktor, a 21 year old dude from Belgium.
Bought my first S13 in July 2017.
A 1990 200SX, which has the almighty CA18DET powerplant.
It had some mods that were executed very poorly.
My car and style evolved quite a bit during my ownership. Went from cheap rep stuff to genuine parts. Still have lots of updates to come!

Mod list when I bought it:
- Shit intercooler setup
- Blown maxpeedingrod coilovers
- Rep TE37s
- HKS turbo timer
- Full 3inch exhaust
- Tubular manifold
- S14 T28 turbo
- 200SX S14 front brakes

Mod list now:
Engine:
- T28 turbo
- 255l fuel pump
- GFB boost controller
- FPR
- 3 inch exhaust
- Oil cooler

Exterior:
- Origin Stylish body kit
- Kouki tail lights
- 326power Roof spoiler
- Huxleymotorsport canards

Suspension and wheels:
- HSD Monopro 9/7k coilovers
- Adjustable arms front and rear
- Weds Kranze Cerberus II 18x9j ET20/ 18x10 ET20

Day I bought it.

First 'mods'. Cheap steering wheel and some stickers.
Definitely not a bad base apart from a bit of rust.

Ordered a cheap Type X replica kit but after testfitting decided to not go with it. I did get a set of kouki tails after waiting 3 months of shipping hastle.

Way better.

Ordered wheels from Japan, Weds Kranze Cerberus II.
To this day still one of my favourites.
F/18x9 ET20 R/18x10 ET20

Such a monstertruck at this height.

Ordered a 326power roof spoiler which I rattle canned with 2K paint. Turned out great.

Finally got decent new coilovers. HSD Monopro 9/7K springs
Lowered it a bit.

Drove it like this for a while, tried a cheap set of +25mm front fenders.
But as I expected they fit like shit lol. Fitment was cool though.

Got a decent camera. Took some shots on how the car was for quite some time. Loved driving it as much as I could. Pictures were pretty good for never owning a DSLR of some sort before.

Pulled the plug after lots of thinking about what kit I wanted.
A certain red 180SX really motivated to go this route.
Saw this car pass by on lots of forums and groups.

When I just got the kit. Origin stylish line.

Was bored and decided to do some interior work. Bought some purple crushed velvet fabric and did my doorpanels. Came out pretty cool, but was glued pretty shit. Still have some spare doorpanels so will probably do them again at some time.

Found some fakeadors in an oldschool tuning shop. Pretty much the same as GK-tech mirrors. Temporary until I get real Ganadors or East Bear. Spray painted them metallic black which did not match the paint at all but oh well.

Finally lowered the car some more. Rear coils are pretty much maxed out. Also got Huxleymotorsport canards for my front bumper. They suit it very well in my opinion. Test fitted the front bumper and skirts while I was at it.

Obligated carwash pics?

Clubvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2019, 12:04 AM   #2
Wknd

Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
This looks nice, Type X lights really make a difference. How bad is the rust issue though?
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
Clubvoid

Clubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wknd View Post
This looks nice, Type X lights really make a difference. How bad is the rust issue though?
Not that bad, was a previous patch job that wasn't done very good.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
Clubvoid

I have most of the updates already done but they didn't fit in one post .
Here's some more...

Got a temporary knock off vertex until I got something that I really liked.

Mounted the unpainted skirts and drove like that for a bit.

First time mounting the whole kit using oem front and rear brackets. Super solid! Only a pain in the ass to get on and off. Got the front indicators wired and installed too, just need some resistors for the flashing sequence. Rear bumper is sagging a bit at the lower garnish. But i've come to learn most origin rear bumpers have this problem.

Got rid of the old universal floor mats and got some custom made black/grey checkered floor mats by Japanized. Awesome quality and they fit super good.

Kit got dropped of for paint.

Then mounted everything up. Horrible gap between the hood and bumper but I fixed that some time later. Car's really coming together like this.

Finally found some clear side markers for the euro 200sx fenders. The stock ones kind of ruined the whole look.... Also fixed the gap between the hood and bumper. Still not perfect but alot better.

Some more random pics from a meet. Also BH-world sticker, Belgium has people of culture too (:

This is pretty much it for now.
Some future plans are:
- rear drop knuckles
- new intercooler setup
- Gt2560r/Gt28r
- Bride seat
- Probably new exhaust setup
- Exedy Stage 2 clutch
- ?Z32 maf and 444cc injectors?

I will try to do alot of driftdays and get lots of seat time since I've only done one real driftday. Very hard to get seat time because there are no drift tracks in this country. I will do my best to practice as much as I can though.
Hope you guys like some of my progress.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:14 AM   #5
Clubvoid

Some minor updates.
Found a pair of grenades. Love these wheels and was pretty lucky to find a pair quite close to me.
They are 18x9 et20, will need a 15mm spacer because there is quite some gap.
Nonetheless they look great, I will get an alignment with these up front and hopefully go do some skids.

Interior wise, a 330mm Nardi classic. And after a lot of searching a Blitz horn button. I’ve always loved these, specially the cool alternative logo.
Also installed the back seats again, way more chill to have a full interior imo.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #6
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Good job! fellow lowlands resident! car looks great compared to a lot of cars here
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:25 AM   #7
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Coming together nicely. Keep up the good work Viktor!
Old 04-14-2020, 06:08 AM   #8
Clubvoid

CA

So a small update since quarantine has keeping me busy.
Redone the interior the way i really dig it. Trying to change up my style soon, more of a period correct 2000-2001 feel.
Will be getting a Sexy Style kit and Type x/G-corp wing and going 17/18 stagger.
Hopefully bronze Ganador tails when i manage to find a set and have the money for it.

Interior: Silver details, silver velour doorpanels and glove box and just a generic white ball shifter until I get a Trust Grex white one.

(Wasn't done 100%)

(Complete with the shift booth and glove box)

I really need to get a bucket seat. One of the things that's one my to do list.
Thinking Bride Zeta II, Signal Auto, Juran Racing or even an East Bear Sigma.

Speaking of East Bear, bought a pair of East Bear mirrors so i can finally get rid of those Ganador reps. Did a small putty job and spray painted them. Came out great imo.

Also got a 15mm spacer on the front to poke out the wheel a tad more.
And switched to a 225/45 R18 on the rear instead of a 225/40.

To end this little update a random pic of me doing the D.
New fmic kit is coming within next month and I ordered a kevlar kouki center garnish piece which will go great with the Ganador tails when I ever get those.
Stay safe guys and work on your cars!

Old 04-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #9
Clubvoid

Glitch posttt

Last edited by Clubvoid; 01-25-2023 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: site glitched, basically made two identical posts.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:51 AM   #10
Clubvoid

CA New beginnings : 2006-2007 D1SL Styled RS13 200sx

Woah been a while since I've been on Zilvia haha. Last 2 posts glitched hence the double post. Had to dig my archive for the previous stages of the car. Fun to see how I totally changed in style again. Atleast I now know what I'm set on.

Let's start where I last left off. When the pandemic started to cool down I had to get the car inspected. In Belgium that pretty much means almost stock. So getting all the OEM suspension arms on etc.

After inspection I started on refinishing the GX01 Grenades.
These had some of the most stubborn paint ever on them lol. But the wheels themselves were in excellent condition.

Started stripping them myself. Let the powdercoater do the rest.
Finished in a nice simple silver metallic.

These were my front wheels at the time so I put on some grippy 215/40 sized Federal RS-Pro's.

Then I started to mess around with vinyl for the first time. Just a generic early 2000s styled layout with chrome vinyl. I did very much like the Grenade logo. This setup stayed on the car for quite a while.

I guess after this stage the change in vision/inspiration began. I began to look at different wheel setups as I wanted 17/18 stagger for a while now.

Got rid of the Cerberus'. They went to a guy in Ireland.

Also got a new daily around this time. Had been dreaming about getting this car for years and finally made it happen.
A manual E92 335i with the N54 engine. Very clean and low mileage car. Very happy!

Made my decision and started looking for a set of Work CR-Kai's in 17/18. I've always loved the original CR-kai's. IMO one of the best looking monoblock wheels ever. And yes I'm one of those CR-kai purists lol, I dislike the newer CR kiwami's as they have too much concave in certain sizes. Where as the Kai's have just the right amount in my opinion. I love them in the white and WMB finish. I'm planning to get another full set in white.

First pair I bought were 18x9.5 +30 in the WMB finish. From auctions through @jo34200. These ended up buying a nightmare and the last to show up but more about that later.

Second pair came from JDM Distro, 17x9 +28. To be honest in a very poor state but they ended up being drift spares so can't complain.
Here's how the car sat on a 17/18 stagger for the first time (with the pair from distro). Loved how 17s up front looked. And they have 0 clearance issues.

Ended getting another WMB 17x9 +28 pair from yahoo auctions through @jo34200. These were in very nice condition! Also found a new set of blue CR Kai stickers for them.

Then got tyres mounted on all 17s so got a chance to see how CR Kai's looked front and rear. 17's all around is definitely not a bad look !
215/40 front and 215/45 rear.
Also bought a Bride Brix from a friend for a very good deal back then.
This ended up not being an ideal setup for me personally. The high bolsters had my legs in a weird position. Cons of being tall and having long legs I suppose lol. It looked very cool tho.

So about that pair of 18" CR Kai's. They arrived in Belgium at customs. After about 3 months still no trace of them. Called the post service about every single day. They ended up saying it was lost. Until they just randomly showed up at my door by a delivery van. Very random as I didn't get any info or updates about them. Anyway i was glad they showed up, less happy about the state they were in. The chrome finish was very flaky. Not an uncommon thing to happen so I didn't mind that much. But i hope to get another set that I just can refinish in white with blue stickers.

Anyhow this is how the car looked on the 17/18 CR Kai stagger .
17x9 with 215/40 and 18x9.5 with a 225/40.

Car stayed like this for a bit. I added a few details like a D1 style air duct. Always loved how that looked. Late 2021 I had my first dry drift day booked.
Basically a large skid pad type of event. Held at Hockenheim ring in Germany.
Prepared for the event and got an alignment for the first time since I had this thing ( I know lol ).
Crazy how good it drove after a good alignment. Also bought some Valino Greeva 08D tyres to try out. Got them in 215/45 R17 as I wanted that little more wheelspeed compared to the big 18" Kai's.

Valino's before and after the whole day of drifting. Held up crazy good !

The very next day I went to Japfest at the TT Circuit in Assen.
This is a 600km (373 miles!) day trip and the little CA18 didn't skip a beat!
Talk about reliability and a true street car !

Not much after that weekend I bought a very cool piece of a good S13 friend of me. @kamilftcln
A Vanquish hood spoiler for 180sx ! These seem to be very rare as I never see them pop up for sale ever. It definitely needed some work as it was in a rough state. Here's the Vanquish demo 180sx running their hood spoiler. And a little testfit on my car.

One of the things I had procrastinated for the longest time was audio. My stereo and speakers did absolutely nothing and i was always too lazy to do something about it. So for the longest time I just drove around with a big ass bluetooth speaker haha.
About time I did something about that.
So got me some JL Audio C1-650x 2-way speakers (6.5") and a nice Pioneer SPH DA160DAB head unit with Apple carplay etc. Got a little usb with loads of doriten and option videos on it for extra coolness.
Started by doing a little of sound deadening in the doors.
Then made some plans for speaker adapters. Had a local company cut them out in acryllic.
System sounds so good for only having changed the front speakers (rears will be done too soon). Planning to do a nice small underseat subwoofer too as it does lack a little bit of bass when on the highway.

Went around and just enjoyed the car as it was. Took my dad with me to a little classic car meet in a village nearby. Lots of the older dudes loved it and didn't hesitate to ask questions about it. Always nice to have conversations with those kinds of people.
Looks so out of place lol. Great background though.

Old 01-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #11
Clubvoid

Meanwhile started on prepping the Vanquish hood spoiler. It had some small cracks which were filled with strong fibreglass filler.
Sanded the rest and used some filler to make it smooth.
Paint turned out okay. I just used some paint matched base and 2k clear in a spray can.
Also got out my 2005 Sony Cybershot camera. Very cool to see the difference in colour versus Iphone pictures.

I ordered a new front bumper as the current Origin stylish bumper was a little worse for wear. Around this time I knew what direction and style I wanted to go with the car.
So I got an Origin Streamline front bumper.
Looks just a little more agressive and GT like which is what i wanted.
Did a little testfit. Looked awesome.
Also very cool to run this without any canards. Which is cool because I can go a tad lower ofcourse.

Now the real changes began. Bought myself a Koyorad radiator since I was preparing for a drift weekend in Poland in the summer of 2022.
So best to just be safe and have some extra cooling power.
Got me a cool HPI air filter since the old one was well old... lol.
Also started getting my first steering angle mods!
Got myself a pair of Partshop Max super angle S14 knuckles.
I already had S14 lca's and knuckles so I just made it easy for myself and went S14 everything for the front.
Besides the knuckles i got Driftworks extended tie rods and Driftworks kinked tension rods. Also got some fresh balljoints in the lca's while i was at it.
(ignore the brake line situation lol)

Also started on finally getting rid of that horrid intercooler setup.
Sadly CA18 intercooler kits are so uncommon it was really hard to get anything in time for the drift event in Poland.

So I started to piece together a kit of my own.
Using a generic S13 intercooler kit. Well nothing actually from that kit.
All the pipes did not go in the direction they had to.
What did fit was the intercooler core and the mounting tabs.
It was a nice solid big intercooler core so I decided to keep that.

Piping wise I ordered a S13 SR20 piping kit and mocking up the cold side of that kit was very promising.
It didn' quite fit but was very close. I ended up gettting 2 of those cold side pipes cut and welded a little shorter and made it fit.
Hot side was a different story ofcourse. Since the S13 SR20 has that intake manifold throttle body situated at the bottom.
The CA18 has a forward facing manifold much like the S14/15 SR20.
A friend of mine used a S14 hot side pipe on his CA and that was very close so i tried the same. It fit very nice and even cleared the battery!
I did have to extend the intercooler side connecting to the S14 pipe but that was quite easy.

( S13 SR20 piping not cut and shortened)

As you maybe noticed by the vinyl on the headlight caps. My new livery was done and cut. Designed by @sorcerergraphics .
We wanted to go for a 2006-2007 D1SL Origin demo car vibe and I think we succeeded.
Never had to place so much vinyl at once.
Definitely done with vinyl work for quite some time lol.. Very time consuming and stressful.

Poland time ! New bumper got painted just in time.
Loading up the car at this height wasn't fun lol.
Definitely will raise it next time like we did on the journey back. Saved us an hour and a half.
Had an absolute amazing time in Poland. We went with the whole Polderlife crew who brought amazing cars of their own. Got to meet Kamil and see his S13 again ( last time was Next Level 2019 ).

The car was an absolute machine. This event was the first shakedown of the new angle and steering setup since I didn't had time to drift it before. The Pbm knuckles are very smooth and fast! Perfect setup for my driving style.
Water and oil temps were always what they were supposed to be and the CA didn't skip a beat!
Only thing that bothered me is the rattle of my shortshifter.
I will go back to stock again soon.
I got so much seat time at this event and did my first real tandems.
Feels so good to improve your driving.

Next few months after the event I didn't really do anything with the car. Mainly because it had to pass inspection again since it had expired.
Car went to a bodyshop to get all of the rust fixed. Left frame rail was quite bad but the car is solid again now. After the rust fix i started to get the car ready for inspection again.

I did notice my toe on the rear would change from time to time. Went to check that out and it did not have the correct bolts and washers so it could just move in the eccentric hole. Very sketchy.
So I made an eccentric lockout kit by myself because I wasn't keen on spending 80+ dollars on a kit from gktech.
After I passed inspection, I lowered the car back down and got all the adjustable arms back on.

Old 01-22-2023, 08:09 AM   #12
Clubvoid

So this is where we are now.
Next up is a rear subframe refresh, new camber and toe arms.
Other plans are a bucket seat ( yes i know still don't have one ) and a wing of some sort.
Still debating of going full GT style with a GT wing or more of a lip style.
We will see. Hope you enjoy the read

Took some more pics with the Sony Cybershot. Definitely going to use this more.

Old 01-22-2023, 08:35 AM   #13
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Car looks good. You probably could’ve dialed out some of the negative camber in the front to get those wheels to fit better (Grenades) without adding 15mm spacers.

Keep up the nice work.
Old 01-23-2023, 09:19 AM   #14
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
I cannot explain how much i love the early 2000s style. Absolutely fantastic car!
Old 01-23-2023, 11:29 AM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
excellent styling is excellent!!!
keep up the good work!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:57 AM   #16
Clubvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyttah View Post
I cannot explain how much i love the early 2000s style. Absolutely fantastic car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
excellent styling is excellent!!!
keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words guys! Very excited to be back on here
Old 01-24-2023, 03:12 AM   #17
Snilssson
Leaky Injector

Snilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really nice
Hi fellow European

Very cool car, love the theme and it's nice to see how the car has progressed over the years.
Snilssson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:34 AM   #18
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Hi Viktor, jij ook hier? Nice to see builds here instead of a whatsapp group.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:14 AM   #19
Clubvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snilssson View Post
Hi fellow European

Very cool car, love the theme and it's nice to see how the car has progressed over the years.
Thanks! Very glad that my personal taste has changed over the years haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
Hi Viktor, jij ook hier? Nice to see builds here instead of a whatsapp group.
Yesss, kind of forgot about my thread but happy to keep it alive again lol.
Old 03-11-2023, 04:11 AM   #20
Clubvoid

Small update !

Finally got a good seat. Red Bride Ergo 1.5 in very good condition!
It does have a japanese cigarette burn hole but I can live with that lol.
Also managed to score an old logo red Bride head pad at auction.

Will run this as my driver side seat for the time being.
The plan is to get a red Bride Zeta 2 for driver and Ergo passenger.

Now that I have some red in the interior I'll be getting some more red details soon.
Floormats and shift boot is the first thing I'm thinking of.
I will keep the rest silver though as it's a nice contrast IMO.

Cat throne

Will clean the fabric soon. It's a little dirty

Also a small sticker tune update haha.
I love being as period correct as I can.

Old 03-14-2023, 10:13 AM   #21
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubvoid View Post
Small update !

Very excellent! Car looks great!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 12:46 PM   #22
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love this thing way too much.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 02:03 AM   #23
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

car looks really nice victor!
Old 03-15-2023, 02:59 AM   #24
Clubvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Very excellent! Car looks great!
Thank you! Seat definitely makes it look 10x cooler now haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I love this thing way too much.
Love your car! Been following for years
Old 03-15-2023, 06:17 AM   #25
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow... i just got a brainfart and realised that i once created a RC car thats similar to this one: