Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #241
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That r34 is GOD LIKE!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #242
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
That r34 is GOD LIKE!
I have some small plans for her to do. Nothing crazy or hype worthy, but I'll post some updates after the winter comes and this thing goes to the garage.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #243
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Those tails on the supra are immensely good.
I enjoy the level of flake in your paint.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #244
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Those tails on the supra are immensely good.
I enjoy the level of flake in your paint.
Agreeded. Aways been a fan of oem 98 ones but those led conversion ones are hot fire on a black supra. Shit looks mean as fuk
Old 12-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #245
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

It's winter now and it fucking sucks.
I just want to drive my cars, but oh well. At least I have now time to work on these.
I went to Japan for a month few weeks back and it was a blast. Amazing country, amazing people and the best of all, amazing cars!!

S13 has just been collecting dust and R34 got some new coils! I bought her impul x öhlins sub-reservoir adjustable ones that I found from UpGarage!
These are so cool! Not cool as the 326powers on the S13, but still cool as heck. Only two problems with them are, front upper mounts are bad.
I have to buy new ones and I don't know if this is low enough for me. Rear end looks pretty good, but it sits now 10mm lower than the front.
Both ends are lowered to the lowest point the coils are letting me go..

I still can not figure out if I'd rather like to go with lowered "show" style or something more like "track" stuff.
She needs new tires so I need to make the decision quick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYKspgMT_OM
Old 12-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #246
S14rebuild
BANNED

For an r34 that ride height looks pretty sweet to me
Old 12-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #247
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can you not lower the front spring seat? I know typically we only want to adjust the lower mount height, but some suspension companies (MCA for example) say that lowering from the spring seat is actually better. Idk how lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:25 PM   #248
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can you not lower the front spring seat? I know typically we only want to adjust the lower mount height, but some suspension companies (MCA for example) say that lowering from the spring seat is actually better. Idk how lol.
I did lower them from the spring seat. Öhlins manual said that there is no adjustment in lower mount height as it is a sub-tank version and connects to the lower part of the coilover. Not really a issue as you can just get shorter springs and that would solve the problem, but I am looking for performance so this height will do just fine for now.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #249
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
I did lower them from the spring seat. Öhlins manual said that there is no adjustment in lower mount height as it is a sub-tank version and connects to the lower part of the coilover. Not really a issue as you can just get shorter springs and that would solve the problem, but I am looking for performance so this height will do just fine for now.
TBH the height is fantastic.
Everyone is just so used to seeing stance cars, they freak out when someone has a usable, reasonable height.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #250
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
TBH the height is fantastic.
Everyone is just so used to seeing stance cars, they freak out when someone has a usable, reasonable height.
I think it's just weird seeing a car with over 3" ground clearance next to the S13 as it only has under an inch. Makes the Skyline look like a SUV!

I've been looking for tires now. I decided to NOT go with the Toyo Proxes R888R as I drive the car as an daily at summer. Usually at summer time I drive around 6000miles so I need like three sets of soft compound tires to make it trough the summer. Welp, gotta figure something else out.

Only thing sure for now is that I am going with 295/30r19 size and looking for a flush fitment to the fender with tire like on the Attkd GT-R sometime ago.

Maybe some Michelin Pilot Sports could do the job well, but I'll look into them soon as possible. I need to roll the rear fenders so I need the tires mounted before doing that. I have a plan that I might take the rear coils out for a test purposes while doing the rolling. I can bolt the wheel on place, lift it up with a jack underneath and see that the tire is not hitting anywhere so there will be no rubbing whatsoever.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #251
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Welp, once again things got a bit out of hand with the Skyline. We decided to clean up the engine bay with some small stuff and so far I've removed compress housing, intake manifold, valve covers, timing belt cover, few wires, intercooler piping, water necks, wiring harness, catch can, air filter, overflow tank, windshield washer tank and other small bits...

The orange color had to go. I am going with this boring "black and polished" theme on this one for now. Turbo housing, plenum and piping will be black and valve covers etc.. polished. I hope it will look good for now. Once the engine is being built and removed from the engine bay I'll do this properly. I don't have time or interest to start relocating fusebox or start cutting and welding the engine bay I decided to go with the easy way. Hide it. Just fucking hide those hideous things. Aluminium, grinding and some bending we made these cover panels. Front edges of them will be left under the "cooling panel" that still needs to be bought.

Relocating boost controller, fuel pressure regulator etc.. small stuff under those panels will be giving the bay somewhat cleaner look. I hope.

When I bought it:

Where we are now:

Aaaaand as you know me, I love the styling of early 2000's.. Friend of mine sent me a message "Hey dude, I have few sets of early 2000's OG NEON underglow sets, I could sell you one of them". Well fuck yes dude!! I recieved them few days ago and installed them just few hours ago. They're so so much brighter than the cheapo led stripes I used to have on my Soarer. I love them!! Oh, also received my vinyl cutter this week... You see where this is going?

Do you guys even give a shit of these project topics or is everything on instagram todays? I used to love read some good projects. I love how they're still alive on states. Finland is 100% dead on these.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #252
S14rebuild
BANNED

No no no..... please
Old 01-18-2020, 07:05 PM   #253
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
No no no..... please
Hahaha, why not tho! It's only some vinyl and lights. They can be removed in few hours and never notice that they were there. Blame it on this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-jbEQhR5g
Old 01-20-2020, 02:45 PM   #254
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Hahaha, why not tho! It's only some vinyl and lights. They can be removed in few hours and never notice that they were there. Blame it on this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-jbEQhR5g
personally I LOVE seeing updates on build threads like these.

keep it going!!!

i like your vinyl ideas, and its your car, do what you like!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #255
Mr Miyagi
Zilvia Member

Mr Miyagi will become famous soon enoughMr Miyagi will become famous soon enoughMr Miyagi will become famous soon enoughMr Miyagi will become famous soon enoughMr Miyagi will become famous soon enough
I personally still like project threads, but you're right they're almost all gone except for super niche cars and car-specific forums.
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #256
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Time for some bad news my friends. Long story short.

Early this summer I got the R34 back on the road and got to drive her around 120miles / 1 week before shit hit the fan. There is an 90-degree adapter plate on the stock oil filter housing for oil pressure sensor. It is attached with two bolts and that motherfucker came loose. I do not know how, when or why it has been loosen up, but that's in the past now. Both bolts were missing. Half of the engine bay was covered in oil and now we have an bad bottom-end. Could be an easy fix with new set of bearings and some small machine work, but that is not me.

I've started to disassemble the car slowly and today I started to make some progress. Car is back on the lift and I am going to disassemble the car to bare shell. Starting everything from point zero. I want to fix all the small stuff I do not like what has been done by previous owners and going fully different direction with the car.

I've always been drooling over the TX2K films, street racing, drag racing, half mile pulls etc etc.., drag style shit. That is what I want to do with this thing. Yes I know, it's ruining the cars original purpose. We just do not have any tracks here or nice twisting roads for some fast cornering cars.

Here are my overall plans and visions.

Engine,
1. Billet RB30 block stroked to 3200cc
2. Garrett GTX5020r Gen. II 88mm turbo
3. Dry Sump
4. Hypertune everything possible
5. E85 conversion
6. Nitrous

Drivetrain,
1. Sequential transmission (maybe paddle shift conversion?)
2. Clutch that will hold +1000kw setup
3. Maybe 9" rear differential?
4. Upgrade everything needed for +1000kw setup

Interior,
1. Keep it stock as possible
2. Refurbish everything needed
3. Keep OEM gauge cluster and MFD, add external dash display to 2-din spot
4. Maybe some more race-ish seats for safety
5. Maybe a roll cage. BIG maybe.

Exterior,
1. Color change? What are your thoughts?
2. Remove dents
3. Keep it OEM+ looking. NO z-tune conversion...
4. Time for a parachute.
5. Roll arches for tire clearance
6. Remove all unnecessary holes from the engine bay. Tucked style.
7. Air intake to headlight.

So, that is not cheap and will take A LOT of time to make all this happen, but it is my vision and I'll aim for it. If the outcome and drag style setup is not for me, I'll change the direction to more track oriented style.

Only need to take brake lines and coils off before I can take the rear subframe out and driveshaft + front axles to remove engine and transmission. After those, I'll remove front bumper, headlights and front fenders before starting to weld up the engine bay. I'll keep you updated on this slow and highly expensive project of my wet dreams.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #257
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Wow I have not checked in on your build in a long time and didn't know you had leveled up to a R34 GTR!
A shame about the mechanical issues you had, but your build vision for the car sounds very exciting m8. Best of luck! It'll be wild
Old 12-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #258
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Went and bought a turbo. Project "Lunatic R34" has officially taken it's first step!

It's a Garrett GTX5533R Gen. II with 98mm intdrucer wheel. Good for around 2000hp so we will be able to hit our goals with this small snail.
We did some super fast first test fits. In this position it will hit the bonnet so more to the front and lower and it will sit nicely.

Sorry for the messy engine bay. We have been working on my dad's second Supra and my friends FD3S and have had no time for this beast.

Old 12-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #259
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

First day of christmas vacation! Headed straight to garage this morning and started to weld extra holes shut that won't be used anymore. After welding around 10 holes decided to remove left hand headlight for some customization! I've wanted to do this for a long time now and this project is the best candidate for it! Headlight duct for some extra air in the engine bay as this massive Garrett will produce up to 220lbs/min of air so some cold fresh air will not be bad.

I still need to figure out how I'll make the duct for the headlight, but this is where we are now.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:44 PM   #260
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
it says something when your CHRA has fucking cooling fins.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #261
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Headlight cut is very clean. I enjoy seeing your updates, builds on here are interesting in the ways in which they gain interest. Instagram/Facebook sucks and I don’t much time for YouTube shit.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:20 AM   #262
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Some small updated to the R34 project.

I've been working on turbo position, headlight duct and parachute mount.
Here's where we are now!

Headlight duct. It's getting there slowly but surely. Made it have gigantic edges on it so I can slowly start trimming it down to the look I like. I think this is the smallest I want it to be. Left lower corner, I wanted it to cover headlight completly and I really dig the looks! I hope it works too.

This will be the final position for the turbo. It will raise up around 20-30mm because of the RB30 block we'll be getting sooner or later, but having dry sump oil pan, we should be having enough room to drop the engine a bit lower and have bunch of space between hood and compressor housing. It's around 30mm now.

I'm running out of storage space... Had to buy some cheapo shit to get some stuff stored near the car.

And this is the final update, I'll take more photos of it when finished, but this is the parachute mount. Replaces the shitty OEM "crash bar" that you can bend by stepping on it..... This thing is 100times more sturdy and will be even better after some reinforcements that I've planned for it.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:24 AM   #263
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Hi guys!

Just wanted to update you that there has been no real update to the R34 as I've been super busy with work and personal life. Dashboard has been removed and interior disassembly has started. Engine + transmission + front cross member and rear subframe are ready to be removed.

I also removed the front cross bar that supports radiator to see how the f*ck am I able to fit 9" thiccc intercooler there. I'll do my own replacement for it to reinforce the chassis and have space for the cooler. Front bumper "mouth" needs to be cutted around 1" and you'll not notice the difference between it and OEM. I'll take some photos of it when I get back to work with this thing.

What's next? Well, life has not been treating me so nicely lately. I've been going trough some mental bullshit that has been kicking me down. I've not been my best at work, I've been too tired to work so I really do not have much money to spend right now. I'll do my best whit what I can do right now and during winter. Hoping to have engine bay fully shaved, interior fully sound deadened, all the suspension arms etc.. painted and restored, all the bushings replaced and redo undercoating my way by next summer.

That is for the Skyline, moving to the S13!

I've been able to enjoy this thing few times this summer! She has now been driven 180miles after being dynoed and now the rear tires are pretty much destroyed. Still have no handbrake, gauge cluster or have had any kind of aligniment. Front tires are like brand new tho, how come the rear tires have been spinning more than the front ones?

Few photos I took this autumn! I love how this thing turned out.

Have a great day and weekend guys, keep Zilvia alive! <3