Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #31
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Yuk at those Rotas...High five for the Advan's

I'm down with this FD build! Looking great so far!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #32
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
advans are awesome, hope those rota's hold up
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #33
treken2t87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
Mock..YEAAA.....ING.......YEAAA....BIRD... jk..but seriously name that movie..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5f_gbzo4Q0

LOL!

But in all seriousnes...badass build!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #34
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Hey thanks!

The motor was built by Howard Coleman (Coleman precision rotaries). Its a large street port that is supposed to make 500whp at 20-22lbs. I'll be keeping it a little lower than thatfor reliability. But the seals are NRS ceramic apex seals, 1 piece, 3mm..they were really expensive :-\ but they should take care of business.

Sweet! I know the reputation of Coleman rotary motors. That will be a nice setup for sure. Are you going to run a premix of any kind? When we built my friends R1 he chose Pineapple Racing to build his motor. He too went with 3mm NRS seals. With a GT35R kit , Power FC, Turbosmart WG, Apexi FMIC/Exhaust he made 368rwhp at 10 psi on RX7.com's dyno. We were quite shocked.

Please be sure to get a video of startup. I love to hear a Wankel lope like it has a cam.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #35
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Sweet! I know the reputation of Coleman rotary motors. That will be a nice setup for sure. Are you going to run a premix of any kind? When we built my friends R1 he chose Pineapple Racing to build his motor. He too went with 3mm NRS seals. With a GT35R kit , Power FC, Turbosmart WG, Apexi FMIC/Exhaust he made 368rwhp at 10 psi on RX7.com's dyno. We were quite shocked.

Please be sure to get a video of startup. I love to hear a Wankel lope like it has a cam.
Yes Pre-mix is a necessity!! I'll for sure put up a start up video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
advans are awesome, hope those rota's hold up
advans are sweet.....but I like the rota's too. If they're good enough for Driftworks 700whp s15...i'm pretty sure they'll be just fine one my 450whp car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treken2t87 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5f_gbzo4Q0

LOL!

But in all seriousnes...badass build!

ohh yeaaaaaa hahaha. Didn't think anyone caught on!!

now to really test your movie prowess....

"Penut butter and gum-balls,.....My Favorite."
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #36
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post

sounds like its time for bigger injectors and a bit more boost
this build is awesome!!
This makes me want to buy a FD now haha
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
subscribing to this!

just got my FD about a month ago and I'm loving it, keeping it all stock engine wise for now though lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #38
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
I got a hks downpipe never used if your interested.
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #39
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^Sorry, hks is cool but they always and forever will be over priced IMO. We were actually mocking up the downpipe today. Thanks though.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #40
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
badass build man!

and as for the peanut butter and gumballs quote, Mr. Deeds
stevenrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

Started planning for the 4" exhaust routing... Gonna be toite like a tiger...but it'll fit. It's hard to see but i have about a quarter inch of clearance on the LIM side. After wrapping the Down Pipe...it'll most likely be a 16th if that away from the LIM.. so we may kick it over a little more depending..

Then realized that my tire would be running into my thermostat blockfor my oil coolers if I left it in it's previous location.. so I decided to re-do one of the lines..the one coming from the front cover and lay the block sideways instead of flat against the frame. The bracket is a simple piece of flat steel bent using the air bender. going to slot the mounting holes for a little adjustability and clean up the metal to make it a little prettier but it's strong, clears the tires even when I get my PBM modded angle knuckles.
Before
After

Then realized my Oil filler neck needed to be modded slightly for the -6AN fitting for the oil catch can...so I cut the old weiner looking slip on and grinded it down a little. Drilled a new nice hole where it needed to be... And bj welded the steel -6AN fitting on there and filled the other hole in.

I'll post more pics of how I'm going to route the line later when I make it =-) I really wanted the Clear line that all the sweet Japs use.. but believe it or not it's a little difficult to find... anyone know a place i could order it from?

After that me and Johnny decided to make the -16AN Coolant lines... I forgot what brand I used.. i'll have to look at it again..but it was expensive...but well worth it.. was a breeze to make..

lower radiator out to motor line

upper into radiator line. Decided just to loop it all the way around to make way for the fans and the ducting work. Dont want to have to cut a huge hole in the ducting to make way for such a small line.

more routing

Going to use some nice mounts to secure them a little bit and some zip ties to tie them together so they won't move around but this is pretty much where they'll end up! More updates soon....stay tuned! tidying up little tid-bits and working on bash bar today!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #42
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

and lastly.....where she sits now
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #43
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
looking great man!! keep it up!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #44
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
loving the build. i would love to build a fd like that.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #45
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
This is awesome, FD's are the shit, I am subbed.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^get that ish out of here...
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #47
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
dam spam going crazy lately!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #48
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

So Everyday I try to get at least one thing done to ensure the forward motion of the project. Eventually it'll be completed....but with these projects....they're really never completely complete hah.

So!!..Small update:

cut the down-pipe and realized i'll need another 90 degree piece to bend down and go into the straight under the car.

added some straight just to get as far as we could before we need to "90" and cut it.

and had johnny tack my cannon plug bulkhead for my rywire quick disconnect onto the fire-wall. Going to cut some more gold and nicely cover the edges so it looks a little cleaner, but you get the idea. Going to need some fire-sleeve over the harness to keep her from getting insinerated haha

and all set up

I'm thinking I'll run my boost control solenoid through one of the ac line holes.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #49
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
You go to northridge? Lol
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #50
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

I used to^.... graduated back in 08
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #51
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
seems like post-graduate life has been pretty chill building an FD and a having a mohawk lol
Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #52
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^ your correct.. Believe it or not i'm actually a High-school teacher.. well substitute that got asked to stay the whole semester while the teacher is out on recovery. I teach freshman biology and junior/senior Forensics. I Like it quite a bit. But it's funny..I heard a quote from Ken Robinson about how our education system is failing that said something along the lines of "Students who just spent the last 4/5 years getting their bachelors degree are now returning home after graduation to mush their brains with video games." And I totally believe it... Teaching is the only job i've ever gotten because I had a degree...Everyother one was because I knew someone... kinda bs haha.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #53
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Awesome build man, I'm loving your fab work too. Can't wait to see this thing done. I used to own an FC3S TII and loved hearing the rotary rev!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #54
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
^ your correct.. Believe it or not i'm actually a High-school teacher.. well substitute that got asked to stay the whole semester while the teacher is out on recovery. I teach freshman biology and junior/senior Forensics. I Like it quite a bit. But it's funny..I heard a quote from Ken Robinson about how our education system is failing that said something along the lines of "Students who just spent the last 4/5 years getting their bachelors degree are now returning home after graduation to mush their brains with video games." And I totally believe it... Teaching is the only job i've ever gotten because I had a degree...Everyother one was because I knew someone... kinda bs haha.
haha yeah I hear that, I just graduated and I'm still in chill mode lol been working almost full-time and going to school full time for the past 4 years

HS teacher sounds fun, just stay away from the jailbait lol
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #55
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^hahaha..yea My lady has all my attention for sure... she's pretty rad..and damn attractive anyways! Plus not into the whole stay young cradle robbing thing.

Anyways!!Little update:

as promised here is a picture of the almost complete manifold. And my almost complete I mean we need to do a little blending on the turbo flange side. Note the length of the runners! Thermal expansion =win! very excited what this combined with my long runner UIM will do as far as hp/tq ratio! If everything works out i'll have one hell of a useable powerband =-)

Bought some Skateboard "shorty's Doh-Doh's truck bushings and shaved them down a little bit for my radiator mounts.. Came out good! I may look for some sweet colored ones down the line but these do the job well. I used the softest bushings I could find as they were pretty stiff but after cutting them I think they'll provide just the right amount of support. Used a little washer just to disperse the load and whaaalaah!

Then I decided to clean up the front end in prep for my Bash bar. Cut some loose ends smoothed it out with the grinder. Then cut some plates and welded them together. Utilizing scrap metal and puting it to use because I'm cheap and metal is expensive haha and today i'll be doing the mounts for them.
Before

After.....did the same to each side

4x4 plates cut and welded

whey they will be mounted

Thats all for now.. more updates....hopefully a lot more this weekend!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #56
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

oh yea I also am selling this! project I just don't have time for...if anyones interested
pm me!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #57
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No fucking way, an rx7 that someone actually took the time to rebuild and USE the rotary it came with. Keep up the rad fab work.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #58
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Hey thanks a lot!!

Little Update:
I cant remember but here is a picture of the manifold 99% done. If i could do it again I'd chagne a couple things. I'd make the transition flow a little more through the 90 degree bends straight out of the motor. And I'm still uncertain if i'm going to run the synapse gates. I may sell them and go with a couple Tial MVR's... we'll see.

Drilled out the bolts holes for the Bolt on Bash Bar. THis way if it gets jacked up I can just make a new one and bolt it on

Drilled out the holes for the wastegate. Was going to use the porting tool to smooth out the inside but Bj said he wants to do it haha...

EGT bung holes drilled. Forgot to take a pic of the finished products..but you guys know bj and how he welds so i'll leave it up to the imagination

Found some spare alum pipe laying around... so decided to use it to make a catch can. Bj put it on the lathe to clean it up

and johnny cut some alum for the top and bottom

and 2x -6 AN bungs for the inlets. Going to route one to the oil filler neck and the other one to the back Iron on the passenger side. Still need a little breather and a "view." i'll find something for those later on.

More updates this week! stay tuned!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #59
food7373
Leaky Injector

food7373 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome FD! Looking good!
food7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #60
Mannykiller