Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 AM   #1
Fitelite240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Fitelite240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Who's running a cd009?

Hey guys! I've been reading up on trans choices for my ls swap.

Just wanted to get a poll of who's got a cd009 with whatever application you have and how much are you running now.

And maybe a sentence or two if you like it or not.

There's a ton of write ups on this. But I wanna get a 2018 crowd outlook on it. Trying ro run around 700 hp with 7psi thinking of going 5k lvl 6 built tr6060 by RPM in Indiana. Or get a gen 2 cd009 and get it built by someone who's can actually do it.

The car is about being a fun pro-daily. So 700 to the wheels is more than enough.

Thanks for your input.
Fitelite240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Please take some time to utilize our search function prior to posting a topic which has widely and exhaustively been discussed to length.......

The everything cd009 swap thread.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
Fitelite240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Please take some time to utilize our search function prior to posting a topic which has widely and exhaustively been discussed to length.......

The everything cd009 swap thread.

I've got that thread bookmarked already. Its great for resources. And I'm fully aware thanks!

This is just a 2018 concensus of who's currently got the trans and if they like it or not. That's all. I just gave my application as an example as to why im even asking. Thanks again though.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
#FLORIDA....

Why go against the grain, have you seen how shitty these things fit in S Chassis? Super low, not worth it IMO.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
loucal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
loucal has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have it in my S14 with an SR. Works great for me and it’s a great peice of mind for my power level. It sits low sure but I autocross and track the car so I don’t have the car that low so I’m not concerned with scraping.
loucal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #6
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
alwaysnboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Go t56 magnum and be done with it..
alwaysnboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Post your question in the CD009 thread where it belongs.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
Gremo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Gremo can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here's a tr6060 in the s15 with no cutting of the tunnel. Not sure how the 14 compares in dimensions tho. Doesn't drop below the body rails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Gremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #9
Fitelite240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremo View Post
Here's a tr6060 in the s15 with no cutting of the tunnel. Not sure how the 14 compares in dimensions tho. Doesn't drop below the body rails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Haha I know! I keep up on your build on instagram almost daily. Taking a lot of it as inspiration for my build. I figured why chance it. I'll probably end up getting a 2018 or 19(depending if inorder it this year or next year lvl6 built tr6060 from RPM.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:47 AM   #10
DarkSlide77
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitelite240 View Post
Hey guys! I've been reading up on trans choices for my ls swap.

Just wanted to get a poll of who's got a cd009 with whatever application you have and how much are you running now.

And maybe a sentence or two if you like it or not.

There's a ton of write ups on this. But I wanna get a 2018 crowd outlook on it. Trying ro run around 700 hp with 7psi thinking of going 5k lvl 6 built tr6060 by RPM in Indiana. Or get a gen 2 cd009 and get it built by someone who's can actually do it.

The car is about being a fun pro-daily. So 700 to the wheels is more than enough.

Thanks for your input.

What did you end up going with?? I’m in the same position right now and I have no idea what to choose. I’d like to go tr6060 because they can be found as cheap as a t56 but I have no idea how to make them fit for an s13 as far as shifter location goes. I think magnum is overkill and above my price range. So I’m torn between t56(I’d rather go tr6060 if it will work) and cd009. Whichever is stronger is the one I’d like. I aim to eventually achieve 700hp/tq. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.
DarkSlide77 is offline   Reply With Quote