Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Zilvia writeup contest, MODS PLEASE READ

My idea is simple. I want to host a technical writeup contest. All members may submit their own writeup similar to those in the FAQ/Archive. I (and those who want to volunteer) will choose the best ones in terms of quality and relevance. I will give the winners a one-year Zilvia premium membership, and maybe other prizes as budget permits and depending upon participation.

What I'm ultimately hoping to do is build up Zilvia's knowledgebase to a higher level. I hope that this will encourage more people to submit writeups. Then we can organise them into a meaningful way to facilitate searching, similar to how 240SX.org is set up.

I want to step up Zilvia's tech game. There are a lot of good Nissan sources on the 'net, but they seem to be really scattered and not coherent. I don't want to single out anybody or any forum, but there are good posters scattered throughout the regional forums. I'm hoping to draw them to Zilvia somehow.

Any comments or other ideas?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
dude im down, i have to change mt 5 bolt axles to 6 bolt and put in a new diff! perfect oppourtunity
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Maybe upgrade that installs page on the main page.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
g6civcx
wassup, so technical lately.
so helpful!
+++ boners for u
95zilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
He's always technical.. and I think it isn't a bad idea.. However.. the prize isn't really motivating..

at least it isn't motivating me..
hah
Old 09-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Premium members should always strive to help others. Satisfaction is your prize.

But the prize in and of itself isn't worth that much. It's the spirit that I'm going for.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #7
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Oh no, yah.. I still intend to do them.. but not competitively.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #8
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
g6civcx. That’s a great idea. I think we will do this quite often once we are setup for it.

We are waiting to implement the new server before we change the website again. The plans will however allow everyone to write content onto the website and we can categorize it for installed, technical articles, product reviews. Whatever you can think of. So give us a month or two and we will have the new server running and the new web set.

I have wanted a good articles system forever and haw bought a few but haven’t liked them enough to implement them. I think we have it solved now
Old 09-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
g6civcx
Post Whore!

We really need a good classification system to help sorting and searching. Right now Tech Talk is just a collection of thousands of threads.

I'm excited to see what you have in the work.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Sounds like a great idea
Some rules should be implemented though: format, lenght, photos (sizing, thumbs, hosts, etc),
we don't want to end up with 1,000,000 reviews for exhausts.
Perhaps better prizes could be appropriated to better reviews. ie: a timing chain write up versus a motor mount install for example.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
g6civcx
Post Whore!

After hearing about future improvements, I want to wait a little while longer to see what WeST has in store for us.

Prizes could be better depending upon budget and participation.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #12
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
i think its a fantastic idea. i am down. i have several things that are worthy of a writeup in the coming month. *a
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
yea this is a great idea, ive done a few just havent posted them up yet, just been collecting information and such
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote