Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
headfirst427
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
headfirst427 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
KA24DE Intake Manifold Cleanup Question

Ok, so before I ask my question keep in mind I HAVE searched, with no info specific to what I need to know. I've recently deleted the heater core in my 95 S14, to free up room under the dash and in the engine bay (hoses, valves, intake manifold mess). In doing so, it was clear to me I could also clean up quite a bit of the mess on the intake manifold, so I went ahead and did this as well. My question is this - what do I do with the two lines in PHOTO 2? I see no reason I can't just cap them, as coolant used to flow through them before, but not any more. Is there anything else possible, for a cleaner or more efficient seal?

Also, the throttle body coolant line delete is puzzling me. The nipple that comes off of the intake plenum (PHOTO 3) and heads toward the throttle body - what do I do with that? Sorry ahead of time for seeming so ignorant, I just want to be right...the first time. I dont think simply capping this nipple is the answer, as coolant will be flowing to this area. Maybe I can loop that coolant flow somewhere? Or grind the nipple off and weld it up?? Any input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

JH
Old 05-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I dont know about the KA, but on the SR20 if you delete the coolant flow through the throttle body you wind up with idle issues. big time. it has something to do with a wax element that needs heat to expand.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
headfirst427
Leaky Injector

Hmm, everything I've found points to the fact it just helps to keep the throttle body from icing up in extremely cold weather. I've yet to hear about a wax element.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I cut and weld that nipple shut and run coolant hose straight to fire wall heater core by passing lower manifold all together
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
headfirst427
Leaky Injector

Perfect Wax, I appreciate it. Doesn't seem like there's really any other option unless I'm just totally missing something. I did a total heater core delete, so I'm running the fitting that used to go to the heater core straight out of the block to the back of the thermostat. The throttle body coolant lines seemed ridiculous to me, and it also meant I would have to keep that rat's nest of vacuum lines...
Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
headfirst427
Leaky Injector

And I answered my question about the lines in PHOTO 2 myself...nothing a pair of vice grips couldnt handle They're just pressed in elbows.