Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
sittinsidewayz420

Trader Rating: (0)
sittinsidewayz420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 KA24DE Oil Leaking

Hey everybody, its been a LONG time since ive posted anything on Zilvia and since i recently bought a nice '93 240SX vert, i took some time to get back on the forums and post my situation.....

So i recently bought a 240sx. It has about 150,XXX miles on it and shes a beauty. Upon buying it, i already knew that i was expecting some technical difficulties from the motor(i mean, the car was worth like 1150, how was i ever gonna get a perfect car for that much?!?!).

Upon reviewing how she drives and how things look under my hood, i noticed the following problems....
-1. Oil leaking near the right side of my engine, makin a bit of a mess on my distributor, my intake box, and the bottom of the oil pan.
-2. The legendary "marble noise". The owner mentioned to me that he was planning to fix the belt tensioners but i'm guessing he didnt think to just check if the guides being removed would make the difference...
-3. My uncle decided it'd be a good idea to have the car running and unplug each spark plug wire, one by one, and check for anything wrong. We checked it and noticed that when unplugging from cylinder 1, car still runs normal. But after unplugging the other 3, the car started to slowly shut off. My guess is somethin is wrong with compression on cylinder #1.

I know ill get hell for this post >_< but i just wanna hear some opinions from experienced 240 owners. Although i spent a good year at a technical school to be a Auto Tech, the training wasnt very "nissan friendly", and i h8 domestics with a passion >

ill post pics BTW, just to let all of you bask in the awesomeness that is my craptastic Vert
sittinsidewayz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
1. sounds like you need to replace your valve cover gasket.
2. just remove the upper timing chain guides http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-fi...e-t105618.html
3. try replacing your #1 spark plug and plug wire before assuming the engine has compression issues
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
sittinsidewayz420

Trader Rating: (0)
sittinsidewayz420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks sloth, i figured i was coming to conclusions way too soon on the compression situation. I just bought the car, so im definately planning to buy plenty of hose, belts, filters, all the essentials to bring the car back to running condition. Thank you for the advice
sittinsidewayz420 is offline   Reply With Quote