Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
Donedreamin

Trader Rating: (0)
Donedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sebs S13 180sx - Canada

Hey guys,

Quick introduction. I grew up in Ontario, 9 years ago I moved half way across the country to Saskatchewan. When I arrived I bought a church, turned it into a garage. Started filling it with barn finds and write-offs. Travelled alot for work and got married. Made it a priority over the past couple years to complete these projects. One of which is a 93 Nissan 180sx.

My very first car was a 240sx, it was such a lemon. And it was rotten as well, it was a love, hate relationship. I always told myself I would build another one. I came across this car in 2012. It was a write-off, I bought it from a junkyard. My original intention was to find a clean chassis and swap everything over. Never found what I was looking for in my price range, and within reasonable distance. I decided to repair this chassis, and surprisingly the damage wasn't too bad.
My goals for this car are to have a presentable, reliable, clean car with the potential to hit a track day here and there.

My priority is to continue updating this thread, stay committed and to do so with any hosting source other than photobucket !

This is my church, it's been a long-term project. I originally bought it for 1500, but I have invested alot of my time to get it to this point. And there is still alot more to do. It serves primarily as a storage unit. Not related to the car, but it's unique and a good story.

This was the beginning, put it up on the frame machine to make a couple pulls and verify everything was in spec.

I brought it home afterwords and chopped up and parted out this chassis to bring the 180sx back to life.

The most consuming part was removing the brake lines to repair the frame, which ment removal of the subframe as well.

The chassis I used to rob parts from

[/url]

New frame and rocker panel installed

Swapping over all the door guts

The pressure line had some damage from the crash

Close call here, I have learned the hard way in the past

Subframe back in

My priority leading up to this point is to pass both a structural and mechanical safety. I have to play by the rules for the time being. Moving forward there is a long list of primarily performance related mods to come. I feel build threads are dieing, and although this will not live up the standard zilvia has produced over the years. This is my contribution and I hope you enjoy!

- Seb

Last edited by Donedreamin; 02-04-2020 at 09:17 AM..
Donedreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It lives on

Very nice work!
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm impressed so far, and the church is incredible.

Glad to see new build threads still popping up.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
wow so much work!
also, lol at all the rockauto magnets on your toolbox

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Love it, the church thing is pretty cool as well. I bet driving that in the snow is a blast!
Old 02-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Very nice,

Love seeing people building cars like this and saving chassis.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #7
JoelC

JoelC is making a name for him/her selfJoelC is making a name for him/her self
Great to see a good chassis saved. Looks clean!
Old 02-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #8
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks sweet, great bodywork.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:42 AM   #9
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome job on the repairs- keep up the good work!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:39 AM   #10
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
looks very good! great bodywork! and that church is awesome!
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #11
Janz99
Leaky Injector

Janz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the rough
I was all in at "I bought a church, turned it into a garage".
Janz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #12
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Very happy to see you saved this chassis! Nice work OP
Old 02-08-2020, 12:29 AM   #13
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Fantastic Job! Posi rep for you sir!
Old 02-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #14
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Great work here! perfect place for your own garage as well!
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #15
Donedreamin

Donedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the inspiring words, means alot! Not much progress to date, the speedometer failed. I tested the sending unit serv and can only assume it's the cluster. Slaved in a 240sx one and both the tach and speedometer failed, which had me stumped. Won a bid on yahoo auctions for a 180sx cluster, just a waiting game now.

In the mean time I did pick this up from salvage, I am a sucker for wagons

- Seb
Old 02-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #16
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
can you make a build thread about the church? please and thank you
Old 02-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #17
Donedreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
can you make a build thread about the church? please and thank you
You can find one here:

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/...=358053&page=1

Old 02-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #18
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedreamin View Post
In the mean time I did pick this up from salvage, I am a sucker for wagons

What salvage yard has Stageas pretty jealous rn. I have my eye on one in Poland...

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:29 AM   #19
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Wow this build is cool . Building a cool 180 in the house of the lord lol!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #20
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
More of the church.

Sucks that it's in the land of vanishing steel.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:36 PM   #21
Donedreamin

Been a little relaxed on updating, but I was able to make some good progress on the S13.
Got around to installing a s15 T28, FMIC, z32 MAF, rocker arm stoppers and other regular maintenance while I had it apart.

Installed a half cage, hydro and knock-off bride seat

Then, at some point I decided to fix the cressida and throw in a 7MGE

Had a paint night

The wagon.. managed to sneak that in too and go for a camping trip with the family

Some new shoes and a sound clip for the 7M haters

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAbrhLFp...on_share_sheet

Some love for the Zs

Then went to work updating the suspension

Did not do a very good job documenting this, but it's no different then any other basic S13 suspension build.

Knuckle buster!

Simple and effective

Decided to stick with the stock taillights

Hope you enjoyed the update, I still have some kinks to work out and a tune but I feel like the end is near.

Last edited by Donedreamin; 06-25-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 07:13 AM   #22
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
All of your cars look great but that wagon...
Old 06-26-2020, 01:40 PM   #23
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man, how did I miss this thread!?

Keep us posted my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:29 PM   #24
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
This is awesome, great work! I want that stagea so bad
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #25
Donedreamin

Took a break from wrenching and made some progress on the church

All packed up and ready to go!

Started by pressure washing the entire building, was a quicker alternative then scraping.

Went on to making patches and filling gaps

Started to mask off the trim, as well as caulk any joints. Went through 45 caulking tubes throughout the job.

Had the wife come down for the day to help

All prepped and ready for paint

The setup I used

Primer applied

Started on the top coat and took advantage of the view

Last day with the boom lift

Masking removal and more caulking!

Some small details to tidy up but extremely happy with the outcome and excited to share with you guys! (35 gallons of paint, total)

Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM   #26
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thumbs up

As far as I know this is first and the only JDM Church. THE HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

Subscribed, awesome job guys.

Last edited by cured13; 07-12-2020 at 03:52 PM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #27
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thumbs up

"If you build it, they will come"
I'm ready for "JDM WOODSTOCK 2021"

Last edited by cured13; 07-12-2020 at 03:52 PM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #28
G33kin

G33kin is an unknown quantity at this point
That church is sweet. Going to have to check out that thread!
G33kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #29
Donedreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
"If you build it, they will come"
I'm ready for "JDM WOODSTOCK 2021"

Hahaha, love it. Not sure what the future will hold, but i'll definitely keep this in mind
Old 09-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #30
Donedreamin

I am stuck and could use some help.

Quick refresher :

S13 SR20DET
550cc injectors
z32 MAF
s15 turbo
Power FC
255 fuel pump

Went to tune the car, when i'm wide open throttle the car will randomly cut out. Boost drops into vacuum, and AFR's don't change. It does it at random RPMS, but only when full throttle. I can hold my foot to the floor and it will remain cut out, until I come off the pedal and get back into it. I can creep to redline partial. Can't do it full. At idle I can rev the car to the moon. Only under load does it do this.

The tuner says everything looks good on his end, no sensor failures or anything out of the ordinary. I swapped in another AFM, as well as added multiple new grounds. No fix.