Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #31
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I actually like seeing what your money gets in your area...

This is what $500K gets you in my area...
that place looks nice and new, but also pretty small.

am i missing the square footage in the ad or does it just not list it?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #32
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
that place looks nice and new, but also pretty small.

am i missing the square footage in the ad or does it just not list it?
It's not listed in the ad. I would say that it's at the most 1600 sq feet, I think it's closer to 1500 sq feet.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #33
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
See I have no wife or kids, no student loan debt and I make more than that. What did he do, take out a 5yr ARM?

I don't see the point on buying if you are NEVER going to pay it off, that's just a financial burden.

He is likely taking home $3-3,400 a month and at 30 years his mortgage has to be $2,800-3,000.

So best case he lives off $600 a month, worst case he is going into debt each month?
you can rent rooms out too. my friends gets 1450 a month renting 2 out of the 3 rooms at his house out.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #34
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Paid 100k for 4b/2B/2 car garage. 1550 SQ ft and a big back yard w/ screened in patio. was all redone inside when we bought it and metal roof.

Had options to buy decent homes above and below in the same or less price range. There were a lot of houses on the market at the time, and interest rates were stupid low. ended up buying at 3.75%.... Couldn't be happier to own my own home. even with insurance rates going up a little I still don't pay $800/month and have a 2 car garage for all our toys and tools.

Florida may fail a lot, but property is dirt cheap right now.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #35
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
at 30 years his mortgage has to be $2,800-3,000.
Holy crap even for a married couple I would think a mortgage payment that high is outrageous.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #36
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you wanted to open up a long terms savings plan (like 3-4 years at least) What would you guys recommend putting money into? I want something that has a higher APY than a regular savings account.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #37
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
220k for a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage with a large driveway on a cul-de-sac in Pomona back in 2009-10.
Originally was to be an investment to fix up and sell but after a while I started to like the area more and more - quieter, less traffic, parks, shopping, etc.
Father and sister moved out over a year ago and went back to LA and now it's just me and the house.
I'm not going to front, 2k in mortage and bills a month doesn't leave me the same freedom to pursue other interests (cars) that that once had but at the same time I was starting to feel like I was outgrowing wasting money of on fixing old buckets.
Houses in my area are now selling for 400 to 450k. I can't complain.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #38
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Property prices in my area are very low currently, it's a great time to buy, really.

This, although about 2 hrs away and a different market, is still a really good example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
Paid 100k for 4b/2B/2 car garage. 1550 SQ ft and a big back yard w/ screened in patio. was all redone inside when we bought it and metal roof.

Had options to buy decent homes above and below in the same or less price range. There were a lot of houses on the market at the time, and interest rates were stupid low. ended up buying at 3.75%.... Couldn't be happier to own my own home. even with insurance rates going up a little I still don't pay $800/month and have a 2 car garage for all our toys and tools.

Florida may fail a lot, but property is dirt cheap right now.
While I sit here spending $1,000/mo in rent for a 900 sq.ft. 1/1 apartment and single detached garage, I could be owning my own "NICE" house.

If I had a SO to split bills with, I would most definitely purchase a house. However, I have worked in the foreclosure and bankruptcy field of law for 7 years now (always defending the creditors) and it's a little scary to imagine having that burden. But then again, people here are getting away with not paying their mortgages for years. Like, literally enough time to save enough money for a down payment on a new place.

Also, as someone mentioned about how all people are concerned about is image, you are totally right dude! You would not believe how many people are in bankruptcy with BMW's, or 3 or 4 cars...even 3 or 4 properties.

You can actually get away with a lot right now if you are willing to go through bankruptcy....lien strips and cramdowns are ridiculous
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #39
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post

While I sit here spending $1,000/mo in rent for a 900 sq.ft. 1/1 apartment and single detached garage, I could be owning my own "NICE" house.
That was the deal when we got married. was "cheaper" to buy than the rent. Less we wanted to rent in a horrible neighborhood. Plus, we are both gear heads so having a garage for our cars to work on was 1 of only two requirements when we were shopping.

2 car garage and at least 2 beds were what we wanted. the company who owned our house and redid it all bought it at auction for 66k, slapped some paint on it and fixed a few things, and sold it. I would have liked to get it evne cheaper, but as it is most of my friends hate how "cheap" our house is.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #40
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I see amazing homes in Florida get auctioned for really cheap. Market out there is booming for investors it seems.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #41
Mr.Doback
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Mr.Doback is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
you can rent rooms out too. my friends gets 1450 a month renting 2 out of the 3 rooms at his house out.
Bingo, he is renting it out and gets about $1k a room which will cover about $2k of his mortgage. I have to ask him specifics, he put down around $45,000 that he had saved up.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #42
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
That's what kills me. That's actually a small living space at that price.

Also, prices are higher in the 818

We can afford our home. Your home pretty much compares to mine. You have about 100 sq ft or so more living space, but my lot is 7k sq ft.

Just been looking around for larger homes and to live comfortably and not stretching out a budget it's just not doable right now, in CA anyway.
Not necessarily. It depends on your needs when you think about it. At this point and time, it's just my girlfriend and I. My house/layout is actually very similar to what I grew up in with my parents. Same square footage for the house with the exception of my lot being a couple hundred feet larger. Main difference being that there was 5 of us living under that roof.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they made the master bedroom/bathroom addition several years ago, but I really try my best to live within my means (of course enjoying myself from time to time).

Sort of remember posting these in the premie section, but here's my remodel.

Bar lighting has been finished since then.

Still lots of decorating to do to fill the empty space, but wanted to keep it pretty simple.

Got rid of the wall separating the kitchen/dining room and added the bar instead. Eliminated a hallway closet to make the bathroom bigger.

Both bedrooms were also completely redone, but nothing all that special about them.

I'll hold off on the exterior pics until I wrap up those projects. Having my entire driveway redone, pergolas built, paving sections, outdoor grill, etc. Garage should be pretty neat once I wrap it up also.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #43
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell I moved from SE Virginia and thought homes were to expensive to buy. Now I live in SoCal and will def NOT buy a house here. No way in the world.
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #44
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
everyone I know that lives in az owns a nice fucking house, but it's az. I will never own a home, there is just too much going on with my money that a house would just fuck up. I make a good ass living too, just shit stacks up, having 2 new cars doesn't help either.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #45
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

TMW is a well-known jackass
crimson rockett looks nice, must have been lots of work

color scheme isnt my style but looks a lot better than it did before
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM   #46
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Werd. Nice updates Johnny.

A little on the cramped side for us seeing as we have a 3 year old and two large breed dogs. Plus she likes to entertain so there is need for space for what we would consider ideal. The most important part is the fact that I don't have a double car garage.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #47
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
real financial freedom is not being sucked into those mortgages.

have the cash flow to be able to put a fat down payment on a million dollar home, and not have to worry about the stresses of paying it off.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #48
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
With my wife being a real estate agent, It used the shock the hell out of me seeing ppl lease condos for $3000+ per month in DFW. I know some of you guys are die hard about wanting to stick with renting an apt or leasing a house, but man... If you do it right, buying property is WAAAAY more bang for your buck. You just have to stay within your means! For you guys wanting to stick to apt life, look into buying an inexpensive condo. The amount you stand to save in rent spread out over a 30 or even 15 year mortgage could be enourmous. I had a friend buy a nice, updated $90k condo in DFW with a 30 year fixed mortgage. Looked like a nice 1 bedroom apt. Her monthly payments were fucking $300/month. And if she ever changes her mind about staying there, she can rent it out because a comparable apt would easily lease for $900/month. Just wrap your brain around what you could be doing if your housing costs were about a 1/3 of what you currently pay in rent... Secure yourself some down payment assistance & go change your life, for real.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #49
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
real financial freedom is not being sucked into those mortgages.

have the cash flow to be able to put a fat down payment on a million dollar home, and not have to worry about the stresses of paying it off.
I wasn't going to live at home to save enough cash in order to buy a home cash. I had enough for the 20% down, and we stayed within our comfort zone for spending. Just buy within your means, and you'll be fine...

I'm rather liquid right now, but I'd rather have my money doing more lifting then in my mortgage that I can comfortably make my monthly payments on.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #50
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I wasn't going to live at home to save enough cash in order to buy a home cash. I had enough for the 20% down, and we stayed within our comfort zone for spending. Just buy within your means, and you'll be fine...

I'm rather liquid right now, but I'd rather have my money doing more lifting then in my mortgage that I can comfortably make my monthly payments on.
This, it is how I was able to afford a new car, a house, and paying cash for an r32 to be imported. we "qualified" for a lot more than we spent, but being comfortable and really leaving within what we made has been such a blessing.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #51
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^It shocked me when my realtor wife told me how much house I could qualified for on just my income alone. It was waaay more house than I could have used when I was single. So many years wasted renting & flushing cash down the toilet. For you guys thinking this stuff is too far away for you, you might be surprised. There is a reason why owning property is part of the American dream. It's one of the eaisest ways I know of to build wealth as long as you don't exceed your means.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #52
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
how do people afford these thing. Good credit.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 AM   #53
rundown240
Zilvia Member

rundown240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn CrimsonRockett, that's a nice remodel! I would like to one day remodel my house in Vegas.

I grabbed my house when the housing bubble had burst. I was overseas in Okinawa for 2 years and 1 year in S. Korea. I then got stationed in Las Vegas (Sin City). I picked up a 2,942 sq ft house on a 7,405 sq ft lot. It's a 2 story, 4 bd, 3 full bath, 3 car garage, and built in '07 for $171k. My payments are $920 and I rent it out now (because I'm stationed somewhere else) for $1500. I got lucky, but I guess Vegas and Phoenix where big housing boom areas that developed quickly but ended up having a shit ton of forclosures.

I miss living in a house that is mine.......(well it's technically the banks until paid, lol)

I've always thought about having a house with more land than anything though. HOA's suck balls. Vegas isn't too bad though, but it's nothing but desert landscaping. At least it cuts down on the water bills. Now let me tell you about my electric bill during the summer! lol
rundown240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #54
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
how do people afford these thing. Good credit.

Good credit does give you $4k a month to pay for it.

I have outstanding credit but No-Fing way to I swing a $130k restoration job.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #55
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Not necessarily. It depends on your needs when you think about it. At this point and time, it's just my girlfriend and I. My house/layout is actually very similar to what I grew up in with my parents. Same square footage for the house with the exception of my lot being a couple hundred feet larger. Main difference being that there was 5 of us living under that roof.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they made the master bedroom/bathroom addition several years ago, but I really try my best to live within my means (of course enjoying myself from time to time).

Sort of remember posting these in the premie section, but here's my remodel.

Bar lighting has been finished since then.

Still lots of decorating to do to fill the empty space, but wanted to keep it pretty simple.

Got rid of the wall separating the kitchen/dining room and added the bar instead. Eliminated a hallway closet to make the bathroom bigger.

Both bedrooms were also completely redone, but nothing all that special about them.

I'll hold off on the exterior pics until I wrap up those projects. Having my entire driveway redone, pergolas built, paving sections, outdoor grill, etc. Garage should be pretty neat once I wrap it up also.
Dude, I love the interior colors you went with. You have very nice style my friend !
Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #56
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, it's crazy how different parts of the country or even different cities in the same area vary so much.

I was watching that House Hunters where they were in Chicago and the prices area crazy just compared to Milwaukee (where I live). And I love and HATE Chicago. I love Milwaukee. But on that show there was a POS bungalow going for $350k and a decent one for $400. Heck I can build a brand new amazing house here for $400 just 15 miles out of downtown (in Milwaukee traffic that would be about a 15 minute drive). But then we have areas right near downtown like Fox Point, and Whitefish Bay (or White Folks Bay as it's called) where a house like the one in Chicago would be $500k.

As far as remodeling, I don't quite get their costs. I think for the shows they have a budget and not all factors are built into the cost as they would a normal consumer. THAT or labor is extremely cheap in CA where most of these houses are renovated. One of my clients locally is a top remodeling company and they do bathrooms alone for $60k. And I'm not talking gigantic bathrooms, just nice ones. So again, I don't think the renovation costs quoted on the shows are accurate or if they are they are accurate to CA only.

My wife and I are finally at a point where we want to buy another house and we're looking in the $300k range. Another thing that comes into play that I don't know if anyone mentioned yet is Taxes. We have really high taxes here. We wrote and offer on a house in a very sought after neighborhood (in Milwaukee Co where the taxes are crazy) just a few weeks ago and the taxes were $6700/ year. That made up almost $600 of the mortgage we would have had. Now if we bought a house for the same price in Waukesha Co (next to Milwaukee where we used to live), City of New Berlin where we used to live, the taxes are like $4500. That only adds $375 to our mortgage. Obviously that makes the home more affordable. The only reason we even considered the higher tax home was because of the house being on the most beautiful park in the state of WI (a State that receives multiple awards every year for our parks) and the house being built buy a specific architect, etc etc.

But yeah, buying and affording a house is a big decision. But owning a home has so many advantages to renting. God I can't wait to get out of the place (renting) I'm in now.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #57
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yeah, it's crazy how different parts of the country or even different cities in the same area vary so much.

I was watching that House Hunters where they were in Chicago and the prices area crazy just compared to Milwaukee (where I live). And I love and HATE Chicago. I love Milwaukee. But on that show there was a POS bungalow going for $350k and a decent one for $400. Heck I can build a brand new amazing house here for $400 just 15 miles out of downtown (in Milwaukee traffic that would be about a 15 minute drive). But then we have areas right near downtown like Fox Point, and Whitefish Bay (or White Folks Bay as it's called) where a house like the one in Chicago would be $500k.

As far as remodeling, I don't quite get their costs. I think for the shows they have a budget and not all factors are built into the cost as they would a normal consumer. THAT or labor is extremely cheap in CA where most of these houses are renovated. One of my clients locally is a top remodeling company and they do bathrooms alone for $60k. And I'm not talking gigantic bathrooms, just nice ones. So again, I don't think the renovation costs quoted on the shows are accurate or if they are they are accurate to CA only.

My wife and I are finally at a point where we want to buy another house and we're looking in the $300k range. Another thing that comes into play that I don't know if anyone mentioned yet is Taxes. We have really high taxes here. We wrote and offer on a house in a very sought after neighborhood (in Milwaukee Co where the taxes are crazy) just a few weeks ago and the taxes were $6700/ year. That made up almost $600 of the mortgage we would have had. Now if we bought a house for the same price in Waukesha Co (next to Milwaukee where we used to live), City of New Berlin where we used to live, the taxes are like $4500. That only adds $375 to our mortgage. Obviously that makes the home more affordable. The only reason we even considered the higher tax home was because of the house being on the most beautiful park in the state of WI (a State that receives multiple awards every year for our parks) and the house being built buy a specific architect, etc etc.

But yeah, buying and affording a house is a big decision. But owning a home has so many advantages to renting. God I can't wait to get out of the place (renting) I'm in now.

That is crazy high taxes compared to here. Last year were paid $775/year. The prior year it was 875. My dad built a complete log home on an acre of land and 2500sq ft, and his taxes aren't much more than 1600. It was appraised at over a million, but because he literally assembled it with his bare hands and a friend who is a contractor, it only cost about 350k to build.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:17 AM   #58
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And everyone's house on here a thousand times probably but since we're sharing.

Bought it for $230. Took 5 years to remodel it and basically broke even. Which we were actually thankful for since it was right after the bubble burst and people were losing their asses. When we bought the house it was not livable. It had been vacant for a couple years and in really really bad shape.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #59
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

^ wow that is really pretty house.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #60
rundown240
Zilvia Member

rundown240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
And everyone's house on here a thousand times probably but since we're sharing.

Bought it for $230. Took 5 years to remodel it and basically broke even. Which we were actually thankful for since it was right after the bubble burst and people were losing their asses. When we bought the house it was not livable. It had been vacant for a couple years and in really really bad shape.
You sir have exactly what I want. A beautiful house, green grass, and LAND!!! I'm envious!

Topic of sharing house. Bought for $171k in Vegas. I want land with my house! lol Had to pull image from Google since I don't have any pics since my ol computer took a crap and lost all my photos.

rundown240 is offline   Reply With Quote