Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
S chassis: Adjustable Rear Lower Control arm:wheel Fitment

Lets talk Adjustable Rear Lower control Arms?

With the Lower Ball joint being adjustable...What can be done with that?
because..houston......we have a Problem.

I'm having a hard time with my rear wheel Fitment even with 50mm Over's and Wondering If a adjustable Lower control arm will Help Pull the bottom in..effectively changing the Poke or Offset somewhat? I don't want to have to Run So Much camber to the Max.I'm already going to downsize Tire from a 255/35/19 to a 245/35/19
Is that even what you can Do with these arms?

what would be the point of making them adjustable? except to widen the Track or even pull it in?

I'm wondering If the Shortest adjustment length of the Ball joint would be "Stock Length"..and then Extending from there out to Prefrence. See what I mean?

Help me out.Who Runs them?
Id rather Find a set with Really Nice Joints and Not sure I trust C/S or megan.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Chris28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Chris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PBM make adjustable rear lowers, not sure if they can be adjusted in or not though. Can you not "pull" the over a little more to get more tire clearance? I'm sure you've already shaved the inside of the over. Looks like you might have to run a little more camber.
Chris28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i just talked to dan at pbm about this, he said they designed theirs for "10% shorter and 90% longer"

theirs are good price too, im not sure if it would be worth it to buy megans and cut
them up to go even shorter. modding the oem ones is also an option but keeping the angles correct is hard i heard.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
+1 for pbm
240zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I have a set of PBM's for sale if you're interested
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I actually just installed PBM LCA's, really like them - if you've got the money, they might be able to help. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll measure the minimum length of them.

You can also look into having your stock arms shortened. I know the Yellow C's Garage car had them done. Sunday Supsension Work « C's Garage
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
You realize that if you pull in your RLCA's you will mess up your roll center more right? It's going to make your suspension geometry even worse than it already is being slammed at stock lca position.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Nice.
thanks guys. I just Emailed PBM to see how they work.

Quote:
I have a set of PBM's for sale if you're interested
PM me how much as I'd prefer PBM's joints over others.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
You realize that if you pull in your RLCA's you will mess up your roll center more right? It's going to make your suspension geometry even worse than it already is being slammed at stock lca position.
At this point, I'm a little Bummed (actually upset) that my wheels and Rear 1/4's are not Working How I'd planned, as I think Chargespeed's are not a True 50mm as compared to BN Sports which I almost wish i waited and purchased.
I measured and Converted multiple BN/Wide Setups like mine to Make sure the Offsets would work.I Think the Overs are Where I went Wrong as All the calculations I made, Looked to be 6-10mm's More Fender Clearance than even I'm getting.

I'm trying to make use of my 4 month wait Custom rear wheels (without having to scrap them) and Of course why would anyone want to try and make Sure Optimum Suspension Geometry is Dead and on point with a set up like I'm running.That Went out the window when I got -32 offset Rear wheels.

I have an Entire Complete S15 rear end with axles, Diff,etc that I;m going to install soon also so New RLCA would be easy to install out of the car If I need to Get them.
I just want to Pull them In a Tad at the bottom and 10% could be what I need to Then Lower the Camber some + a Skinnier Tire to Complete the clearance/setup.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
damn, you got an s14 on kranze and a s13 on 03's.

you have very good taste in styling sir
Old 06-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #11
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
03s are gone, it's on VS-KFs now.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
budlite
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
budlite is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what are ur rear wheel specs?
budlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
maverickmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i know that the megan/godspeed/etc are all oem length at their shortest adjustment.

whats your rear susp setup like?

Sr to VQ transmission adapter, dual caliper brackets, high angle tensions rods, and more!

http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/collections/all
maverickmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #14
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What are you doing with this car, do you plan to track it with Weds and BN? I'd just add a degree of camber and call it a day. Unless you're planning on making this a competition car that is.

I looked into the whole shortening the LCA thing and I know it took a few tires for the Cs Garage guys to get it right, you can put your axles in binding pretty easily and I know they had to swap in new axles at least once.

You could always pay a reputable machine/wheel shop to shave the back of your wheel face down 3-5mms to get some clearance and make up for the rest with camber.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #15
mdillonmining

Trader Rating: (0)
mdillonmining is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can anyone tell me the rlca oem length?
mdillonmining is offline   Reply With Quote