Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #241
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This post really sucks balls now, what happened to afisshy and turbodouche? All you guys hijacking this thread could benefit from starting your own.. just sayin
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #242
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
This post really sucks balls now, what happened to afisshy and turbodouche? All you guys hijacking this thread could benefit from starting your own.. just sayin
Boohoo they can’t talk shit forever.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #243
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xschylerx View Post
unless I'm mistaken didn't like half of risky devil evolve into proceed?.
Ive always wondered... was there drama behind that? It seems like they never really acknowledge each other through social media since the split
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #244
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Old 10-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #245
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Ive always wondered... was there drama behind that? It seems like they never really acknowledge each other through social media since the split
And there was Junkhouse in there somewhere...

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:06 PM   #246
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
And there was Junkhouse in there somewhere...
Oh yeah I forgot about JUNKHOUSE

I just remember Risky Devil being a part of that dubstep music video and I think that was the last thing they did together before it split into PROCEED

Whatever happened to DRIFTWOLRD and Matej?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #247
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Look at the cars in the background. Seems like the standards for entering a show used to be much higher back then too.
It's all money and what you're willing to promote. That, and 'culture vultures'. Dudes that are handy with the IG shit but don't seem to actually care about the 'scene' as a whole. They just know how to generate buzz. System Motorsports and Prime NYC come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post

American's in general though don't seem to posses much loyalty to something these days. Also disappointed with how many people used drifting as a jump off point but are now with other sports or fame and don't give drifting the credit it deserves. Not naming names, but anyone who has followed "pro" drifting for some time should have a few ideas.
I think it's kind of wrong to just say it's Americans. I think it's just younger people nowadays (hence the name change for this thread) that want instant gratification. There's a certain white, unfinished fastback that always pops up in my IG feed with a sadboi caption about how the owner is unmotivated to finish the car....so why post a picture? Oh, the IG likes. That's why. When the buzz is there kids are all about it and when it fades away it's time to move on to a new chassis. The ZN6 community was like that, too.

For the record, Japan is just as bad. I didn't realize it until I moved here but a lot of the people my (our?) age and younger actually have really shitty cars. Most of the content we're shown via blogs and websites is carefully selected and the owners of those cars are like middle-aged Dads with serious cash. The younger car-people here are suuuuuper into fads.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:08 PM   #248
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
[QUOTE=dizzariot;6303206]It's all money and what you're willing to promote. That, and 'culture vultures'. Dudes that are handy with the IG shit but don't seem to actually care about the 'scene' as a whole. They just know how to generate buzz. System Motorsports and Prime NYC come to mind.

/QUOTE]

Nothing but good things from prime. Those guys put so much effort into the younger generation coming into cars & genuinely care about the “scene”. Out here in nyc there really isnt much community of a quality caliber & these guys make it happend. For people who have been around this for 10+ years. They have really helped me out & had open arms. Idk what leads you to believe they dont actually care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:09 PM   #249
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post

Nothing but good things from prime. Those guys put so much effort into the younger generation coming into cars & genuinely care about the “scene”. Out here in nyc there really isnt much community of a quality caliber & these guys make it happend. For people who have been around this for 10+ years. They have really helped me out & had open arms. Idk what leads you to believe they dont actually care.

For dizza^ sorry for misquote

Old 10-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #250
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot about JUNKHOUSE
junkhouse was the shit.

Quote:
no clue, so i won't guess. i know some still drive at USAIR together so make of that what you will??? idk.

Quote:
I think it's kind of wrong to just say it's Americans. I think it's just younger people nowadays (hence the name change for this thread) that want instant gratification. There's a certain white, unfinished fastback that always pops up in my IG feed with a sadboi caption about how the owner is unmotivated to finish the car....so why post a picture? Oh, the IG likes. That's why. When the buzz is there kids are all about it and when it fades away it's time to move on to a new chassis. The ZN6 community was like that, too.
this hits it right on the head, and because of that you lose almost anything that would've been considered a subculture. people want streetwear (namely supreme) because everyone has it now, not because nobody has it. same can be said with drifting, its all about how fast they can blow up on the gram. its not just us feeling the affects of this.
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #251
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
It's all in the details. The way the articles are written, the spelling errors when it comes to parts/names, and the way certain things are referred to. You either see it or you don't and that's cool. I might be the only one that sees it and that's also cool.

You can totally have your own opinion. Just know that it's totally irrelevant to me and there's a reason why I try to limit my interactions with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xschylerx View Post

this hits it right on the head, and because of that you lose almost anything that would've been considered a subculture. people want streetwear (namely supreme) because everyone has it now, not because nobody has it. same can be said with drifting, its all about how fast they can blow up on the gram. its not just us feeling the affects of this.
This is part of the reason why I take ownership of the community so seriously. To each, his own. I enjoy talking about it here, though.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #252
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

there's a reason why I try to limit my interactions with you.

-_______- wow & i see where you’re coming from with the rest of what you’re saying but coming from someone who knows them personally. They have nothing but genuine love for the community.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #253
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
socal used to lead the way . middle america is where it's at lately
Do people even still drive up to GMR?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #254
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Oh yeah it's getting good again. Someone please get mad!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #255
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
oh yeah it's getting good again. Someone please get mad!
oh you back now huh.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #256
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Trying to build a S13 again for the 5th time. Nice parts are a lot harder to come by these days for sure.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #257
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Nahh I think the great oil spill of 2001 took out the whole next generation of runners hahahaha jk jk

People did for a while, but I don't know anymore (at least as far as late-nights go). I haven't gone up in a very long time... having a job that starts in the morning makes it very hard. Back then, my day usually started at like 11a for work or school, so driving until 3am was much easier.

If people still go, I'd venture a guess that it's mostly early morning crew before the motorcycles come out.

The problem with late nights for a while was that... people would go there in the early evening and ruin the spot (being super loud, double laning, disrespecting the normal drivers / campers, etc.) So basically, by the time the late night crew would get there, the cops had already been called and are patrolling. Then boom, tickets tickets tickets.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #258
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Trying to build a S13 again for the 5th time. Nice parts are a lot harder to come by these days for sure.
well if you need aero bits... lemme know sir

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #259
ClearCornerSuxAss2

ClearCornerSuxAss2 is making his/her stupidity well-knownClearCornerSuxAss2 is making his/her stupidity well-knownClearCornerSuxAss2 is making his/her stupidity well-knownClearCornerSuxAss2 is making his/her stupidity well-knownClearCornerSuxAss2 is making his/her stupidity well-known
snip: DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MEMBERS! ONLY WARNING!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 10-25-2018 at 03:36 PM..
ClearCornerSuxAss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #260
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearCornerSuxAss2 View Post
snip: DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MEMBERS! ONLY WARNING!
Or nopho4u on IG...

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 10-25-2018 at 03:36 PM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #261
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Nahh I think the great oil spill of 2001 took out the whole next generation of runners hahahaha jk jk

People did for a while, but I don't know anymore (at least as far as late-nights go). I haven't gone up in a very long time... having a job that starts in the morning makes it very hard. Back then, my day usually started at like 11a for work or school, so driving until 3am was much easier.

If people still go, I'd venture a guess that it's mostly early morning crew before the motorcycles come out.

The problem with late nights for a while was that... people would go there in the early evening and ruin the spot (being super loud, double laning, disrespecting the normal drivers / campers, etc.) So basically, by the time the late night crew would get there, the cops had already been called and are patrolling. Then boom, tickets tickets tickets.
LoL, I forgot about that oil incident already. How else can you make an 8 mile canyon run more interesting than slicking oil on the road all the way down to the bottom of the hill?!?! I cant remember the last time I've been back to socal, must have been 2009.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:52 PM   #262
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
sounds about right hahah
2009 feels like so long ago...

oh yea.. it was... lol

Old 11-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #263
SAKURA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
SAKURA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I haven't logged in here in years. Hi everyone
Old 11-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #264
artsy
Leaky Injector

artsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I can confirm people people still go up there on a weekly basis lol , living next to the street when they come down I always here exhaust , and when I come back home like 12am I always see little groups at the gas station filling up either coming back or going .
artsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #265
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Do any of you older heads associate yourselves with the younger crowds? Im 25 and right in the middle and starting to not associate with younger lads unless they are making quality smart decisions about their cars and life.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #266
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Anyone else hate those Vertex Wheels?
Old 11-24-2018, 02:58 AM   #267
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

the steering wheels? cus ya...

Old 11-24-2018, 03:39 AM   #268
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Do any of you older heads associate yourselves with the younger crowds? Im 25 and right in the middle and starting to not associate with younger lads unless they are making quality smart decisions about their cars and life.
...this is perfect for the old grumpy assholes thread.

The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages.

I don't associate with many car guys around that age. In my opinion they are usually quick to 'complete' a car because newcomers now have easier access to avenues for parts that were once less-known. They also know who to mimic because they see the lasting impression the 'old heads' have left on this community. It's a recipe that's easy for clout chasers to follow. When the clout runs out, however, they simply hop platforms. I can probably search a few FS threads on here from young guys that built cars and then sold them before they ever really spent time with it. It's the thrill of the hunt and when the hunt is over they want to hunt something else.

Young car 'enthusiasts' are (to me) mostly not genuinely into cars, let alone this platform. There's some degree of interest but the buzz from social media is what they're really enthusiastic about. I don't actively categorize who I interact with according to age because, in all honesty, I think between Zilvia and IG there are only 4 people that I consider to be genuinely in love with these shitty cars and that's spanning a wide range of age groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Anyone else hate those Vertex Wheels?
I've never liked SoCal stars on my steering wheels...but hey I got a limited edition collabo Vertex X StanceNation wheel. Bought it new for $350 last night but it was a limited release so you can have it for the astonishingly low price of $800. Act now. Shit's hotter than the new 'Preme drop boiiiiiii.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #269
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't actually like 240's. They're pieces of shit. ba'humbug.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #270
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I miss being dedicated to my 240 and Zilvia. Anyone else put theirs on hold for life goals? I've really been buckling down and not doing anything with my 240 for almost a year trying to get into a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. It's kind of depressing at times. Stopped by my parents to do a 9hr round trip turn and burn to pick up stuff from my recently passed grandfathers house, saw my 240 just sitting, its filthy. I need to clean it and cover it.

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 05-02-2020 at 11:26 AM..
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote