Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:25 AM   #31
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is exciting
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #32
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Inspiration! I've recently fallen in love with the idea of KA-T powered Z32s, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. 500-600hp mated to the CD0009 sounds perfect!
Old 01-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #33
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Do you have a hookup for MCR valve covers? I looked into it in the past and was told it would cost about $4-500, and they only like dealing with new valve covers
Unless it's changed since the last time I had asked, it's done on new covers they purchased. Oh and it can be more depending on what you're asking them to do (and the size of the covers).

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #34
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
SR20 into a Z32 is awesome thumbs up and good luck sir.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #35
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Love the engine choice, looking forward to the process.
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:46 AM   #36
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Thanks guys!

so I have updates,

Friday night i got my transmission case back from the CNC. Saturday morning I wasted no time and put the trans back together 100%, bolted the adapter plate to the engine and got started on making mounts. I can't believe it actually look me two days to make up my mind on the design and pull it off but over all I am very happy with the way the engine fits and the mounts came out.

All i have to do now is trace where exactly the oil pan will hit my x-member and then I can pull the motor out so I can finish re-sealing everything. once the engine is put together i plan to hit it with my friends steam cleaner, get it all nice and prettied up and drop her back in for good. so I can fab up the charge piping, Downpipe, Intake & wire it up.

good night folks!!

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:14 AM..
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #37
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
nice! well done!
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #38
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Excited to see progress on this. Been debating what swap to do in my Z for a bit now, can never get over how much room the SR opens up in the bay.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #39
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
looks great so far!!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #40
TWest
Leaky Injector

TWest is an unknown quantity at this point
Was debating on putting a SR in mine as well. So many people hate this swap and I don't understand why, at least not coming from a N/A. Looking forward to the progress!
Old 01-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #41
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Make templates, make copies, make $$$, meet Bitches!!!

You could sell that.
Love it man.
almost went SR in mine but decided to go RB
Old 01-12-2016, 04:38 PM   #42
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
This is sick haven't seen this swap much.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:29 PM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStayBroke View Post
can never get over how much room the SR opens up in the bay.
thats because it was designed and intended to house a 6-cylinder 3.0L

:P
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #44
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWest View Post
Was debating on putting a SR in mine as well. So many people hate this swap and I don't understand why, at least not coming from a N/A. Looking forward to the progress!
Haha thanks man, I did the swap for franklin a few years back and was pretty content with the way the car feels. My car used to be TT so I'm curious how this will feel next year when i add HP to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
Make templates, make copies, make $$$, meet Bitches!!!

You could sell that.
Love it man.
almost went SR in mine but decided to go RB
I don't think there is a market for this. The amount of money it would cost to make the mounts would dilute the market down quite a bit this is also using a CD0009 transmission so I would need to re engineer them to use the factory 5 speed from the VG (like most people would swap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbberish View Post
This is sick haven't seen this swap much.
Thank you sir! I'm excited to drive my car again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

Haha i have so much room for a big turbo now.

Review Thread
Old 01-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #45
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
Haha i have so much room for a big turbo now.
i dunno about that, but at least you can work on the car like a normal human being. most z32 owners pay shops buckoo bucks to service their VG because only a person getting paid well would have the patience to do that type of work

if it came down to owning and wrenching on a z32 or jza80, i'd have to say jza80.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #46
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Quote:
most z32 owners pay shops buckoo bucks to service their VG because only a person getting paid well would have the patience to do that type of work
True x2 haha

What kind of hp #s were you aiming for with the swap, 350-400ish?
Old 01-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #47
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStayBroke View Post
True x2 haha

What kind of hp #s were you aiming for with the swap, 350-400ish?
Sometime in the next year or two I'll build the head bottom end and strap a solid BW turbo on it. Maybe make 450-500 but for now I'll be happy at 300-330

Review Thread
Old 01-24-2016, 11:03 PM   #48
bardabe
Post Whore!

So Over the past two weeks I've had some updates. shortly after making the motor mounts the following week i put the lower sump on the car and trimmed my cross member where i had marked the flange at. I also installed the manifolds and turbo back on the engine nothing i thought was worth sharing really. I did however run into a couple of issues that pushed my progress back by one weekend.

first issue was that the clutch release bearing wasn't sitting close enough to the pressure plate so the clutch fork was traveling a good 65% of the travel without touching the pressure plate at all. I only had 13-14mm of travel left before the clutch fork would touch the other end of the window opening. unfortunately the slave cylinder was going to run out of travel well before that. so i had to do lots of research and come up with a solution. (Thread Here)

Either way, engine is in for good.

throughout the week I plan to make the mid-pipe for the car to link my Downpipe to the Tomei Exhaust and fab up the plate for my gear shifter. once that is done I can finally install the driveshaft and be done crawling around the floor like a peasant.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:17 AM..
Old 01-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #49
bardabe
Post Whore!

So Monday night i finished my downpipe, I finished it around Midnight (little after) and being that i have to be up for work at 5:30AM i didn't take time to take pics. so here are some pics i took yesterday.

I forgot to drill & tap my exhaust manifold for my EGT probe so before i permanently install that with the Tomei Ti i have to pull the manifold & turbo out to handle the drilling & tapping. I did get some progress on my shifter bracket last night though I should have pics of that sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:19 AM..
Old 01-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #50
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Nice fab work. This car will be so fun to work on and maintain.

Where did you get the metal supplies for the exhaust work? 304SS?

That bell mouth looks like it was tough to fab up. Nice thick flange though.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #51
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Nice fab work. This car will be so fun to work on and maintain.

Where did you get the metal supplies for the exhaust work? 304SS?

That bell mouth looks like it was tough to fab up. Nice thick flange though.
Thank you sir! I got my flanges & clamps from Vibrant Performance they have really nice stuff.

I am leaving on Vacation to NY on Wednesday to hang out with a few friends out there for the weekend so there won't be any progress this weekend. I did however get some solid progress this weekend. I didn't get a chance to take many pictures throughout the weekend since i was working Solo. I got the gear selector 100% finished and done. so i was able to install the prop-shaft for good. downpipe got installed for good as well. I was able to fab up my power steering high pressure line along with my clutch line & got the clutch bled. (super excited for the twin disk it feels exactly like the RPS Sport pressure plate) I also managed to get the intercooler mounted & made all of the plumbing for it.

so with everything under the car done I was impatient and decided to put the car on the ground. I had to lower the coilovers in the front a whole 1.375 inches to get the car to sit back at the height that it was before the swap lol. but it looks amazeballs with the new wheel setup and the FMIC.

I'll have to take some better day time pictures soon sorry for the dark / shitty quality of the current pics.

only things left is Heater hoses, Radiator Hoses, Install fuel filter, power steering reservoir & Wire it up! if everything keeps going at the current pace i don't see having an issue firing it up the weekend after i get back from NY.

also i need to get a hold of a straight bumper beam, mine seems to be tweaked :/

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:28 AM..
Old 02-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #52
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Awefully reminicant of Franklins setup??
He still have his?
Old 02-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #53
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Awefully reminicant of Franklins setup??
He still have his?
Probably because I was the one who did his install & Fabwork haha. I believe he does yes. He was in an accident so the car is being repaired at the moment.

Review Thread
Old 02-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #54
bardabe
Post Whore!

This is my current situation.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Old 02-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #55
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

I knew you did I thought maybe he parted it out since it matched so much.

Question.
What did you do with the fuel lines. Did you route them around the back of the valve cover or some other way? I have to route mine to that side as well and trying to maybe go hard lines like the brake lines to the other side from the driver side.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #56
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
This is my current situation.
You cant fool us.

Papa Johns garlic butter ... is the current situation.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #57
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
I knew you did I thought maybe he parted it out since it matched so much.

Question.
What did you do with the fuel lines. Did you route them around the back of the valve cover or some other way? I have to route mine to that side as well and trying to maybe go hard lines like the brake lines to the other side from the driver side.
back in the thread i posted pictures of my aluminum hard lines. I made hard lines to go from the driver to the passenger side of the car. very simple & much cleaner than rubber.

Quote:
You cant fool us.

Papa Johns garlic butter ... is the current situation.
haha that was an entire situation last night, up until 1:45AM i pretty much got the car ready to fire up. I do have some cleaning up of the wiring harness to do. I'm not 100% satisfied with it since in the Z32 chassis the Harness hole is much closer to the intake manifold than that of the S-chassis. I will probably end up ripping the harness out again in a few months or making a new one from scratch for the Haltech i plan to buy. I have about 18 - 20" of un-used harness length wrapped behind the cylinder head and it's bugging the shit out of me.

Review Thread
Old 02-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #58
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Oh man, this is sweet. I sold my Z a year ago and have been thinking about getting another ever since, with the though of SR swapping it kicking around in the back of my head...

You basically end up with near perfect weight distribution getting rid of the VG, never understood why people hate the thought of an SR in a Z32...
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #59
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
back in the thread i posted pictures of my aluminum hard lines. I made hard lines to go from the driver to the passenger side of the car. very simple & much cleaner than rubber.
did u say alum? for brake line? i hope this isnt too late to change, better doing that in cunifer tubing. i dont think the alum tubing will last long in terms of corrosion resistance

as for the extra wire, just cut the excess slack and resolder/shrink tube. 1 wire at a time. you might need another order of papa johns tho :-)
Old 02-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #60
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
subscribed to see this thing driving!!

any worries with the twin disc and input shaft engagement with the forward most clutch
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote