Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-17-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
jy116
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jy116 is making a name for him/her selfjy116 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Which suspension mods to get?!

Dang... Im torn between going all out for some coilvers, or just getting the spring shock combo. I know its obviously cheaper for a spring shock combo, but coilovers are just superior for matchnig and tunability
... So wut coilvers are out ther tho? I've checkedd out JIC, TIEN, Tanabe, and thats the only ones really... any cheaper and still comparable quality coil overs out there?

Also, getting coilovers puts me right into Street Touring - STS for autoX. If I want to compete in Stock, I can oly get new shocks, not springs...

Anyone have insight if its worth getting shocks for now and coiulovers later?... or better to just get the coilovers straight off the bat...

Thanks, info/advice appreciated
Old 10-18-2003, 02:00 AM   #2
BeatJunky
Zilvia Junkie

BeatJunky is an unknown quantity at this point
SEARCH!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEARCH!!!!!!!

BeatJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 04:25 AM   #3
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
dont forget about ZEAL
Old 10-18-2003, 06:00 AM   #4
jy116
Zilvia Addict

search for wut... im askin ppls opinion...
Old 10-18-2003, 06:04 AM   #5
jy116
Zilvia Addict

Its not like i dont kno wut they are... im seeing wuts everyones thoughts about paying a lil first to have sum fun... then getting coilovers after... or jus wait a while and blow a g to get some adj damepening coilovers. I see benefits to both... but i just cant get over blowing a g unless theres sum good experience sumone shares to convince me otherwise
Old 10-18-2003, 06:05 AM   #6
BeatJunky
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by jy116
search for wut... im askin ppls opinion...
... as have 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 other people.

Seriously dude, try searching, theres been too many many many threads about "what suspension this" and "what suspension that".

Im sure you'll find different opinions, specs and testimonials of many of the same issues youre having by searching.

Honestly... search first. It looks as if you really haven't.

-Omar

SEARCH!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:44 AM   #7
240Dave
Zilvia Member

240Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you just make up your own mind? What level of performance do you want...how much are you willing to spend? And learn to speak in a way that doesn't make you sound like a dumbass while you are at it... wut wut wut w00w00
240Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:44 AM   #8
jy116
Zilvia Addict

uhh, alright... i thot ppl would be glad to share. i guess not. Im from a smaller board so ppl are usually glad to share opinions and insight instead of type isht like u guys...

thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 06:03 AM   #9
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
get a coiloverkit and hks rods yuh, and cut the springs too, LOL JK! IMO stock is good unless you want to lower it, or acualy auto-cross or goto drift tracks habitualy, people fail to realise that 240sx is a great car stock, unless your the type of person who would upgread his car no matter how good it was to begin with, or you acualy push the car past its limits in a drift or race on atleast a semi-pro level where stock just wont cut it.
irax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:03 AM   #10
jy116
Zilvia Addict

Red face

OK OK... i tried searching under name brands instead of the word "coilover" and i did find 2 good review posts... so SORRY.

BUT it wasnt "1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 " hahaha
AND dont talk mess man... it only makes ppls lives worse. I type like this cuz im an AIM user and thats how i type. Its faster and its how i normally talk. [ie. most ppl dont say "what are you doing rite at this moment?", instead they/I say "wut r u doing now?" MUCH SIMPLER AND STILL GETS THE SAME POINT ACROSS...] plz understand...

thanks
Old 10-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #11
jmauld
Zilvia Junkie

jmauld is making a name for him/her selfjmauld is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jmauld
Re: Which suspension mods to get?!

Quote:

Anyone have insight if its worth getting shocks for now and coiulovers later?... or better to just get the coilovers straight off the bat...

Thanks, info/advice appreciated
Just FYI, at first I dismissed this post as another question of which is better, lowering springs or coilovers. But after I read the whole thing I see that you're asking something else.

Since you're asking this type of question, I'm going to make an assumption that you're relatively new at autocrossing. With that assumption, my suggestion would be to get a set of koni shocks and a larger front swaybar. Leave the car like that for at least a year, or until you can consistently trophy in one of the top spots. The stock suspension works really well and is easy to correct mistakes with. The lower limits also make learning MUCH easier. Once you think you've mastered the car with the stock suspension, get coilovers, then learn how to drive it again.

Oh yeah, the guys that are giving you a hard time about typing correctly have a valid point. When you search for coilovers, which do you search for: "What coilovers are best" or "wut coilovers r best". It only takes a little extra time to type correctly, which will make the search engine work a lot better in the long run.

Have a good one.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #12
BeatJunky
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
OK OK... i tried searching under name brands instead of the word "coilover" and i did find 2 good review posts... so SORRY.

BUT it wasnt "1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 " hahaha
AND dont talk mess man... it only makes ppls lives worse. I type like this cuz im an AIM user and thats how i type. Its faster and its how i normally talk. [ie. most ppl dont say "what are you doing rite at this moment?", instead they/I say "wut r u doing now?" MUCH SIMPLER AND STILL GETS THE SAME POINT ACROSS...] plz understand...

thanks
Dude... Did you find info by searching? Yes or No? I think yes, therefore, my point exactly.

Also, Dont try to insult me by saying things like "dont talk mess man" or "...type isht like u guys..." it wont justify your lameness.

-Omar
Old 10-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #13
jy116
Zilvia Addict

I am in absolutely no way attempting to insult you. I was simply saying to the other guy that calling me a dumba$$ was unnecessary. Again I apologize. I didnt take the time to do a proper search. I was looking under "coilovers" instead of searching by brands. The second time i tried, i used "tein, jic, tanabe" and then i got some decent results.

NO INSULTS FROM ME WHATSOEVER! I will never intentionally insuilt some one. Like I said, that just makes things worse.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:32 PM   #14
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
There is entirely too much bullsh!t in this thread. If you're not gonna answer a question correctly or don't have anything else better to say than insults and mockery, then just don't post. There's enough totally useless posts on this board already.
I see nothing good coming from this thread.
Someone that hasn't lost their moderator status for no apparant reason should close it.
LanceS13 is offline   Reply With Quote