Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
HKS 264 CAMSHAFTS + stock motor

should i experience any kind of power loss with these cams on a stock SR motor? i fired up my car last night after changing out my headgasket and while i was in there, i replaced my camshafts with the hks 264 that i had laying around. it has a rather rough idle which i expected but theres no power. almost like an engine lag. anyone?
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
seven.62
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
seven.62 is making a name for him/her selfseven.62 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
have you correctly set your timing?

thats no dome, bit@h go HOME!
seven.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
check the timing of the cam shaft to the engine. could be all fucked up..

whats ur set up like??
Old 03-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
my timing gun broke. gotta find me a snap-on truck to get it replaced. so that could be it? the timing? its not like ecu mapping or anything?
besTint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by besTint View Post
my timing gun broke. gotta find me a snap-on truck to get it replaced. so that could be it? the timing? its not like ecu mapping or anything?
Or you could set the car to 15* BTDC on the compression stroke, then pull the CAS and restab it. No timing gun needed that way.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
are they step 2s??

i have hks 264 step 2s and they make the car really laggy, untill i see boost... how does your car act when you are seeing set boost?
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
besTint
Post Whore!

besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
yes, they're stage 2. yea its laggy, then when i punch the throttle it bogs out like at 5 or 6k rpm.

setup is:
blacktop SR w/ redtop #62ecu (E5 wouldnt pump fuel)
new stock manifold, new, turbo, greddy down, hks catback, apex metal gasket (does that affect anything major?) , greddy intake, blitz bov, fmic.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
seven.62
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
seven.62 is making a name for him/her selfseven.62 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is the ecu tuned? you might be outflowing the maf if your still on the factory one. you should at least be running z32

thats no dome, bit@h go HOME!
seven.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
besTint
Post Whore!

nevermind. found some vaccum leaks. always something simple. runs fine now. its awesome now.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
its a beast!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #11
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

RedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud of
describe the change in engine characteristics
RedtopTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
If they are the step 1 cams it should have a good idle if timing is correct

step 2 should have upgraded valve springs or you will have problems.
Add a greddy intake manifold asap, o and those cams will suck all the cfm's out of your turbo.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #13
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

its he lesser of the stage 2 and a couple of shops said they're fine without valve springs. idle is pretty stable but sounds like its growling.