Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #11
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OK... for some odd reason I have actually had people asking if the SR20Down pipe will fit the NA KA24DE!! I guess because its similar in design!!

The answer is NO... unless you have a KA-T w/ custom Turbo Ellbow.

I actuall went out and installed an RS*R DP, SARD Tourqu Control Valve, and Full Kakimoto Exhaust on my S14... the 3 bolts off the Main will line up and bolt corectly... the issue was with the slight angle difference, and the mounting plate from the DP to the Trany. The mount can be cut off but it doesn't change the angle.
After you install the cat or test pie you will see its sitting much closer to the ground... if you get as far back as the Rear subframe you will be about a foot lower and never make it to the mounts.

This was actually fun to play with the idea... car looked so dumb sitting with the rear end about 2 feet off the ground and a full exhaust sitting on the ground. I couldn't force myself to shame my car with pictures.

SR Down Pipes are for SR20s or CA18s only... maybe a KA-T!!

Peace
Drew