Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-07-2020, 08:01 AM   #211
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow. That red hatch is absolutely incredible.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2020, 11:40 PM   #212
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getchevyn View Post
I brought this car after college with cash. It was my 1st car and I didn't even know how to drive a stick until 4 weeks before this. It was my daily for about a year and I just love the way it looks so I brought another car(Mazda protégé, 5spd) and used that as my daily. This car has been parked in a garage since then(1992) and I used it as a weekend car. My job working for the government took me to far away countries so I always had another car to drive if not getting shot at. Thru the years I have purchased a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 6s, another Mazda 6s, a Nissan Altima, and now drive an Infiniti Q50S TT.

The Nissan 240SX always held a place in my heart. Seriously, I didn't even know about the "drift tax" until 1/2019. I drove it only during summer months and never in snow/salt. Most of the time I get approached by someone while filling the tank and asked me if it's for sale. Never gave it another thought and said no every time. $5000 was offered on the spot 14 months outside a gas station and it wasn't until then I search the internet and finally join this group.

As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles. There is no rust as you can see by the pictures. The windshield was replaced in 1992 due to a chip and crack. Stereo doesn't work 100%. It sounds weak and I think it's because I haven't used it much. The tires are 100% original RE88 as you can see by the DOT# manufacture on the 44th week in 1990. Will change those tires this year. The body is 95%. Muffler is original as seen by the 11/90 manufactured date. Car runs well and like new. Drove about 150 miles last year and full fluid change and checkup by a Nissan dealership in 5/2019. The seatbelt buckle recall was done on that date.

I have a funny story to tell. The dealership called Nissan corporate for the replacement buckle and corporate told them not to bother because the car probably has too many miles. Once they heard the actual mileage, next question from Nissan was, "Is the car for sale?". The answer I told them and everyone else was "Not now and probably never"
]

That’s awesome man, if you ever wondered what Nissan is going to do with your car of they ever bought it is they’ll have it in the “ lane museum” here in Nashville, Tennessee. I work down the street from Nissan HQ at a Nissan dealership. They have a underground garage where they keep other cars that aren’t parked in the museum I’ve been poking around trying to get access to see all the cool stuff they got. They recently bought a mint fastback like yours from a corporate employee

Last edited by MR.RMSCHIKO; 03-09-2020 at 09:49 AM..
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:53 PM   #213
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.RMSCHIKO View Post
That’s awesome man, if you ever wondered what Nissan is going to do with your car of they ever bought it is they’ll have it in the “ lane museum” here in Nashville, Tennessee. I work down the street from Nissan HQ at a Nissan dealership. They have a underground garage where they keep other cars that aren’t parked in the museum I’ve been poking around trying to get access to see all the cool stuff they got. They recently bought a mint fastback like yours from a corporate employee
Dude...picture quote. Killing me...

How long have you worked there? Is the Lane Museum like the collection here in Zama?
Old 03-09-2020, 09:52 AM   #214
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude...picture quote. Killing me...

How long have you worked there? Is the Lane Museum like the collection here in Zama?
Jesus Christ fixed.. was on my phone when i quoted *facepalm*

been working for Nissan for about 10 months now, and no its not i wish it was they have mix of cool cars but Nissan does have a section there in the lane museum
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #215
rogues13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rogues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bought this car from the original owner with 170k miles. Bone stock original five speed. Uncracked dash Georgia car that belonged to an older gentleman. Brought it home and threw in Kouki 180sx front and rear seats, a new perforated Nardi 330, and an old logo Nismo knob and drove it all summer.

Currently doing a full restoration and installing my decent collection of Nismo/OEM items. Plans include a refreshed ka24de, suspension rebuild, and the installation of the rest of my Kouki 180sx aero. I plan to make a build thread now that I have more free time being at home in lockdown. Really enjoyed reading this thread and thought I would share my gem. Hope to have some interesting OEM+ approved photos for you all next time around.

I enjoy film photography, so here are some photos I took after a few weeks with the car.

rogues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #216
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I would not have guessed that car had 170k. Nice find!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #217
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
This is an old hatch I owned around 2009~.

1990 S13 SE A/T with 60k

There was several items that needed attention. Worn paint, broken hood hinges (no, I'm not into hood risers), typical rusted hatch lid, pea-shooter aftermarket exhaust, etc. I bought a donor car in the same color and swapped hoods with it, swapped the hatch lid, replaced the pea-shooter exhaust with an OEM unit, and did some minor upgrades on both the exterior, interior, and suspension.

Added OEM 180sx wheels, OEM mudguards and 50/50's for that extra OEM+. Lowered on JIC FLT-A2's, OEM Kouki 180sx seats, 180sx floor mats, Nardi deep corn.

One of the few S-chassis I legitimately regret having sold.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:16 PM   #218
greenmachine300zxtt
Zilvia Member

greenmachine300zxtt is an unknown quantity at this point
crimson rocket very nice!! also is that a lime tree? lol
greenmachine300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #219
samotage
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After a total rebuild (except engine and box) this S14 had her first spin around the block today. Still lots to do, ride heights obviously lols, but she is getting there!

It was amazing, raw and tactile, just like an S car should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #220
nismoka

nismoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Im also liking the OEM+

Old 04-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #221
nismoka

nismoka is an unknown quantity at this point
The OEM+ / S-Chassis Preservation Thread

Top is now. Bottom is when bought
Bought it from 2nd owner
Factory 5spd
Oem 5 lug swap
Still on stock suspension besides nismo brace and tension rods.
Z32 fronts
Hks exhaust
Mishimoto rad

Last edited by nismoka; 04-30-2020 at 10:25 PM..
nismoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #222
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

oem aero
350z 17'' wheels
KW v3 coilovers
z32 front brakes (stock rears)
ISR rear arms
SPL tension rods
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #223
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^ magnificent. I would suggest R33 GTR wheels if I may be so bold, sir.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #224
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
^ magnificent. I would suggest R33 GTR wheels if I may be so bold, sir.
thanks bro! i actually have the r33 clone wheels 17x9 +15 but i didnt want to ruin the OEM + of this thread with knock off wheels.

also the +15 wheels poke out so much since i havent had any fender or quarter panel work done.
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #225
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by My! View Post
thanks bro! i actually have the r33 clone wheels 17x9 +15 but i didnt want to ruin the OEM + of this thread with knock off wheels.

also the +15 wheels poke out so much since i havent had any fender or quarter panel work done.
R33 wheels with a 10mm spacer should be okay. I could be wrong. I had brake clearance issues on my 180SX.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #226
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
In case you guys want in on the bidding war:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-nissan-240sx-8/

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]

Last edited by mav1178; 06-09-2020 at 07:43 PM..
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:31 PM   #227
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:17 AM   #228
samotage
BANNED

What an amazing find! Was $1800 when I looked, wonder what she goes for?

Datto on!

Old 06-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #229
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.
If you look through the detailed pictures, there's several issues that stand out to me.

1. It has definitely been repainted, and poorly at that. It seems as though they didn't bother removing the factory black trim line / tape during the respray. Notice the paint lifting above and below the black line and near the fuel lid door.

2. Normal 30+ year old wear for a car parked outdoors. The usual exterior rubber moldings/trim are showing their age and would eventually need to be replaced. A complete glass-out respray along with seals/moldings/trim replacement will easily cost $5k+ depending on who paints it.

3. Interior trim pieces need to be restored/replaced. This one is me really nitpicking, but still something I'd have to do if I'm going for that "mint" look.

4. One of the least desirable models (again, IMO). SOHC, Auto, and sunroof. The first two can be addressed rather easily, but the third not so much. I've owned far too many of these to know the sunroofs are just ticking time bombs. It's only a matter of time before the assembly goes bad or the roof starts to leak.

It's a good looking car overall. Is it worth the $10k+ hype people were posting about on the Facebook groups calling this a museum piece? That's a no for me. Having owned plenty of completely stock/original and modified Coupes, the nostalgia wears off quickly and you're reminded of every single reason why you began to upgrade the suspension, brakes, and interior in the first place.

If I were in the market for a good base platform to build and was okay with paying a premium, I'd pay $5k max for it.

I think people on the Facebook groups would really lose their shit if they saw the red hatch posted a few pages back. Now that's a museum piece that IMO would easily fetch over $20k to a car collector.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #230
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Well I'll admit I only watched the video. Thanks for making this 'easier' to 'let go' lol.

I have to say: I have owned a coupe w/sunroof and multiple hatches w/sunroof and I have NEVER had any of them leak. I hear people say they are destined to fail all the time, though.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:15 PM   #231
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Well I'll admit I only watched the video. Thanks for making this 'easier' to 'let go' lol.

I have to say: I have owned a coupe w/sunroof and multiple hatches w/sunroof and I have NEVER had any of them leak. I hear people say they are destined to fail all the time, though.
If you clean your seals and drains from time to time they last much longer.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #232
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I think people on the Facebook groups would really lose their shit if they saw the red hatch posted a few pages back. Now that's a museum piece that IMO would easily fetch over $20k to a car collector.
More like $30k or higher.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-nissan-240sx-9/

This one sold for $20k and it was one option away from the red Super-HICAS car.

With more miles.

I'd buy this S13 coupe if I actually got serious about selling my E39 540i. apparently my car is worth a lot on BaT.

[email protected]
Old 06-11-2020, 05:34 AM   #233
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
More like $30k or higher.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-nissan-240sx-9/

This one sold for $20k and it was one option away from the red Super-HICAS car.

With more miles.
This is making me regret moving forward with selling mine. I think I'm at like 92,XXX miles but my car looks just like that and is flawless :/
Old 06-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #234
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by samotage View Post
After a total rebuild (except engine and box) this S14 had her first spin around the block today. Still lots to do, ride heights obviously lols, but she is getting there!

It was amazing, raw and tactile, just like an S car should be!

Looks great! We built my buddy's car really similarly 7-8 years ago, we painted it A30 interlagos blue, 17x9 work emotions, s14 sr with bolt ons.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #235
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #236
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Looks great! We built my buddy's car really similarly 7-8 years ago, we painted it A30 interlagos blue, 17x9 work emotions, s14 sr with bolt ons.

Thank you! And a stunning S14 you built, perfect OEM+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2020, 04:10 AM   #237
samotage
BANNED

And then 25k pounds for this.

https://www.reezocar.com/en/occasion...313865429.html

Maybe some effort into wheel offset would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2020, 06:39 PM   #238
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

High bid was $8100. Guess the market still is strong for low mileage, one-owner cars.

[email protected]
Old 06-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #239
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
High bid was $8100. Guess the market still is strong for low mileage, one-owner cars.
I've been trying to tell y'all...

I'm selling my car for a little bit more than that and it's a DE w/5MT swap. People are either overpricing their shit or undervaluing their shit. Never a happy medium.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #240
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
I'm a bit late to the party, but is this thread still going? I have something that might fit right in here.

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote