Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
joaquin714
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
joaquin714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 SR20DET POWER FC Injector pulse uneven

I have a s13 sr20det red top with a power fc.

Tuned on 740cc blitz turbo z32 maf.

I was doing some repairs and forgot to re connect the coil pack pulse.
It was cut by p/o so it was live and I believe shorted. It’s a thick black wire.

Anywho now my #3 injector is fouling causing the cylinder to not fire properly.
I swapped coils. Swapped injectors. I have coil pulse and signal to all cylinders
And injector pulse to all 4.

When doing this test I noticed #3 signal pulse from ecu was much stronger leading me to believe the injector driver is shorted and causing a fuel spray imbalance. Is it possible A’PEXi to repair this or just buy another ecu and reload my old map?

Thanks!
joaquin714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2019, 05:31 AM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Interesting place to ask if Apexi can repair your unit....

My opinion is that NO they cannot. I say this because I have sent them power FC in the past, and so has my friend Mike (from this forum), and neither of us got back a working unit after paying $400 for the repair. I got my money back and bought another PFC.

no wait, I remember now. I Put the stock ecu back in the car and sold it like that. I only used the PFC in the first place because I found it on the floor of a shop in the back corner, forgotten. It worked fine until... what did I do to it? I think I hooked something to the injector wire by accident.

figure out how you killed yours so it doesn't happen again is my advice. And buy a new LED version they seem nice, I tuned a few.